[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre to Randy Moss?

Guest Chappy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading faint rumors that Moss resigned for 5 years/$52 mil with $25 mil guaranteed. Everyone is pointing to WEEI as the source, but nothing confirmed.

Interesting........right here in Boston area, and haven't heard this rumor.....yet.......would love to have him resigned for 5 years....

i have been listening to WEEI this morning, and they seem confident that Moss will resign with the Patriots.....Not sure what their souce is, but let's hope.....

Forgot that the Jags signed Porter. I imagine that they're probably not going to add another big-money WR.

Rumor on Boston.com is that Moss/Pats agreement is imminent. WEEI states they hope to have deal worked out today...

here's hoping he signs....

That's insane. Unless 2/3 of it is guaranteed, he would be getting less up front than Berrian. :wacko:

exact terms haven't been released yet for the Moss deal, as havent been signed....yet....

but appears to be 3 years, $27 million (avg of 9 million per year; not bad for a 31 year old receiver)....

Berrians' is 6 year, $42 million, with $16 million guaranteed (and he is 27)....I am sure a good portion of Moss' deal will be guaranteed......

Guess there were not as many people knocking on the door for his services as Moss initially thought...........or, he is comfortable in New England, gets close to $30 million, maybe some bonus incentives...

More of same from rotoworld: NBCSports.com's Tom Curran has confirmed that Randy Moss has agreed to a three-year, $27 million contract to remain a Patriot. It's uncertain if Moss' efforts to get other teams involved helped, but he's only making $1.33 million-per-year more than Bernard Berrian. His guaranteed money was increased. Moss and Tom Brady can't expect to set records again in 2008, but they are slight favorites to remain atop their positions in fantasy leagues while playing together.

The bolded part is surprising. A lot of cash regardless, and I'm glad the Pats have apparently kept him for a relatively reasonable amount, but you'd think 23 TDs last season would have helped him land a mega deal...and it's just bizarre when Bernard Berrian ($7 million/year, $16 million signing bonus) is making more than TJ Housh ($3.25 mil/year), Chad Johnson (about $5.5 mil/year), Reggie Wayne ($6.5 mil/year), as much as Steve Smith ($7+ mil/year), and almost as much as T.O. ($8+ mil/year), Marvin ($9+ mil/year) and, now, Moss. Ridiculous. Granted, some of those guys (Housh, Wayne, Chad e.g.) will lilely land big paydays/restructure along lines of Moss and Larry Fitz ($10mil/year) at some point, but still...Berrian? :wacko:

edit to add: I'd have bet my left nut that a massive chunk of that $27 mil would be guaranteed, but by rule you can't give over 50% in guarantees, I believe (someone else with more NFL contract knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong), so the max he'd get guaranteed is $13.5 mil, still below Berrian's $16. [YakovSmirnoff] What a country [/YakovSmirnoff]

Edited by msaint

Guess there were not as many people knocking on the door for his services as Moss initially thought...........or, he is comfortable in New England

I'd say that it's the latter. Even with his baggage, very few teams wouldn't want Moss for 3/27. That's chump-change for a still-productive future-HOFer.

More of same from rotoworld: NBCSports.com's Tom Curran has confirmed that Randy Moss has agreed to a three-year, $27 million contract to remain a Patriot. It's uncertain if Moss' efforts to get other teams involved helped, but he's only making $1.33 million-per-year more than Bernard Berrian. His guaranteed money was increased. Moss and Tom Brady can't expect to set records again in 2008, but they are slight favorites to remain atop their positions in fantasy leagues while playing together.

The bolded part is surprising. A lot of cash regardless, and I'm glad the Pats have apparently kept him for a relatively reasonable amount, but you'd think 23 TDs last season would have helped him land a mega deal...and it's just bizarre when Bernard Berrian ($7 million/year, $16 million signing bonus) is making more than TJ Housh ($3.25 mil/year), Chad Johnson (about $5.5 mil/year), Reggie Wayne ($6.5 mil/year), as much as Steve Smith ($7+ mil/year), and almost as much as T.O. ($8+ mil/year), Marvin ($9+ mil/year) and, now, Moss. Ridiculous. Granted, some of those guys (Housh, Wayne, Chad e.g.) will lilely land big paydays/restructure along lines of Moss and Larry Fitz ($10mil/year) at some point, but still...Berrian? :wacko:

How long ago did those recievers sign their contracts? Its the market - kind of like real estate. Looked at Hutchinsons contract from two years ago. Its peanuts now. I think he is about 5th or 6th highest paid. What are the salaries going to be in 4 years. I bet way past 7 mill and berrian won't be in near the top.

But wait, isn't he a selfish money-grubbing primadonna? :wacko:

According to local radio host Howard Eskin, the Eagles offered Moss more then the Pats but he decided to stay in New England. Eskin is usually on point with Eagles news. Sorry, no link.

Edited by ebartender

I too am shocked Moss signed for that. I was dead wrong. His agent must be pulling his hair out.

WaterMan, you change your tune more than anyone. You would brag about Vick being the "highest paid" QB, but now think it's great Moss would sign for less? :wacko:

I too am shocked Moss signed for that. I was dead wrong. His agent must be pulling his hair out.

WaterMan, you change your tune more than anyone. You would brag about Vick being the "highest paid" QB, but now think it's great Moss would sign for less? :D

I just thought it was funny that Vick made more from the NFL than good ol' American boy Peyton did. And it's even more funny how Moss has been labeled by a lot of Colts/Packers fans here as a cancer, slowing down, aged, lost his skill, goes after the cash, etc etc. But now he's showing that he's playing for a ring and you're shocked. Moss knows that Brady is the best QB in the league right now to match his skills. Unfortunately, watching Moss on bombs this past season, I saw he had to slow down. Maybe one day a QB will enter the league that can actually his Moss in stride.

I guess Moss is just following Peyton's footsteps: set your milestone records, then try and win a Superbowl. :wacko:

Luckily I know Moss won't choke as much as the good ol' boy did in those playoff runs. I'm glad he finally won one because I was getting tired of typing the word choke over and over. And those tears weren't helping him get commercial deals.

I just thought it was funny that Vick made more from the NFL than good ol' American boy Peyton did. And it's even more funny how Moss has been labeled by a lot of Colts/Packers fans here as a cancer, slowing down, aged, lost his skill, goes after the cash, etc etc. But now he's showing that he's playing for a ring and you're shocked. Moss knows that Brady is the best QB in the league right now to match his skills. Unfortunately, watching Moss on bombs this past season, I saw he had to slow down. Maybe one day a QB will enter the league that can actually his Moss in stride.

I guess Moss is just following Peyton's footsteps: set your milestone records, then try and win a Superbowl. :D

Luckily I know Moss won't choke as much as the good ol' boy did in those playoff runs. I'm glad he finally won one because I was getting tired of typing the word choke over and over. And those tears weren't helping him get commercial deals.

So Vick is better than Manning because he gets paid more, not because of the huge differential in statistical production. But Moss is better than Harrison because of statistical production (which is up to debate) not because he gets paid more. :D Gotchya.

By the way, of the four (Vick, Moss, Harrison, and Manning) which two have rings? Which two do not? :wacko:

While TO is a ball hog loud mouth with butter fingers. Moss only talks after the game, usually after scoring 3 TDs. TO just needs a hug.

And when he doesnt get the TDs he disgraces the game by half assing it on the field and pouting like a bitch. The Raiders Moss told you all you need to know about his heart. His talent is undenyable

And when he doesnt get the TDs he disgraces the game by half assing it on the field and pouting like a bitch. The Raiders Moss told you all you need to know about his heart. His talent is undenyable

It's the Raiders... Why bust your ass when the franchise as a whole is sitting on theirs? Moss is a much more productive player with less of an ego.

Terrell Owens ego itself requires three lockers. Take the homer glasses off Whomp.

But Moss is better than Harrison because of statistical production (which is up to debate) not because he gets paid more.

No Harrison gets paid more so he can pay those doctor bills for being fragile. Doctors would say he is better than Moss.

And when he doesnt get the TDs he disgraces the game by half assing it on the field and pouting like a bitch.

You mean to say when his team isn't capable enough to playing up to his level, he lowers his to theirs.

The Raiders Moss told you all you need to know about his heart. His talent is unden(y) edit: i able

Yeah the Raiders shot his competitive spirit with having people like Aaron Brooks and Janikowski on their roster.