[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre Retired...

119 members have voted

1. 1. First Ballot hall of famer?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an emotional press conference to say the least.

I stayed in my car long enough for it to finish. Favre defined for a lot of people what it meant to be a football player. He is going to be deeply missed by all fans of the game regardless of their allegiance.

That said, I suspect that come July 10th or so an itch is going to start happening, and we'll see if he scratches.....

There is no such thing as "First Ballot". Chris Carter wasn't one and EVERYONE thought he would be once he retired. The HOF is the HOF to me for the most part. Maybe being young is blinding me in this, I don't know.

Cris Carter was great, Brett Favre is legendary. Favre has almost every quarterback record possible, 9 pro bowls and 3 MVP's which is another record... That and his iron man streak. Carter while great, is not in Favre's world... Once again, no disrespect to Carter or his career.

Cris Carter was great, Brett Favre is legendary. Favre has almost every quarterback record possible, 9 pro bowls and 3 MVP's which is another record... That and his iron man streak. Carter while great, is not in Favre's world... Once again, no disrespect to Carter or his career.

I understand and know all that, with respect. Some people are saying Brett Favre is top five, some are saying top ten, some are saying not close. Some are saying best ever. His numbers speak for themselves, I know. Same with Carter though. Carter retired as the second best wide out to ever play PERIOD. Pretty shocking he didn't get in with this class but with the logjam, I understand why. Still, like I said and still believe, first ballot doesn't mean anything.

Still, like I said and still believe, first ballot doesn't mean anything.

I agree with you on that one.

And in reference to where Favre is rated, I don't think you can really narrow it down past the top ten. You could champion any of the top ten's case and it would make sense. Favre did break records that were once thought unbreakable, and do what no other quarterback has ever done to this point. Anyone who's saying he isn't top ten just has a bias.

I agree with you on that one.

And in reference to where Favre is rated, I don't think you can really narrow it down past the top ten. You could champion any of the top ten's case and it would make sense. Favre did break records that were once thought unbreakable, and do what no other quarterback has ever done to this point. Anyone who's saying he isn't top ten just has a bias.

Agree 100%. This is what makes sports fun though.

I understand and know all that, with respect. Some people are saying Brett Favre is top five, some are saying top ten, some are saying not close. Some are saying best ever. His numbers speak for themselves, I know. Same with Carter though. Carter retired as the second best wide out to ever play PERIOD. Pretty shocking he didn't get in with this class but with the logjam, I understand why. Still, like I said and still believe, first ballot doesn't mean anything.

I think that it can be said safely that Brett is one of the Top 5 to ever play the position, and one could make a strong case for him being the greatest QB ever. Carter is easily one of the Top 10 to every play the position, and one could make a strong case for him being in the Top 5.

Both of those guys should be first-ballot HOFers. The fact that Carter wasn't is a joke.

I think that it can be said safely that Brett is one of the Top 5 to ever play the position, and one could make a strong case for him being the greatest QB ever. Carter is easily one of the Top 10 to every play the position, and one could make a strong case for him being in the Top 5.

Both of those guys should be first-ballot HOFers. The fact that Carter wasn't is a joke.

I totally agree with you Bill. That said though, lot of people don't have Favre top five. And when people start saying he is the greatest ever, serious arguments begin. Just the other day, one Tribune writer didn't have Favre in the top five, barely squeaking into the top ten. Personally, Favre is the greatest quarterback I have watched in every respect. Yeah, I sorta remember Elway but I have been a bigger football fan now than before and I have appreciated everything Favre has done, even as a Bears fan. I loved watching him no matter the situation. Brady and Manning will likely eclipse that but they got a lot of time. Favre did it all for me and the records stand out.