[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre Retired...

119 members have voted

1. 1. First Ballot hall of famer?

• yes
    • no

Seriously, who in the hell voted no? They ought to have their IDPs banned permanently.

Let's see:

1st in NFL history, career pass attempts

1st in NFL history, career pass completions

1st in NFL history, career passing yards

1st in NFL history, career passing TDs

1st in NFL history, career interceptions thrown :wacko:

1st in NFL history, games started by a QB

Yeah, he's not a first ballot HoFer.

:D What did their individual defensive players ever do to you ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, who in the hell voted no? They ought to have their IDPs banned permanently.

Let's see:

1st in NFL history, career pass attempts

1st in NFL history, career pass completions

1st in NFL history, career passing yards

1st in NFL history, career passing TDs

1st in NFL history, career interceptions thrown :wacko:

1st in NFL history, games started by a QB

Yeah, he's not a first ballot HoFer.

1st in NFL history, consecutive starts

I made it real clear I could care less if Favre retires in the other thread, so I don't have a dog in this fight so to speak, but anyone who doesn't think he's a first ballot Hall of Famer is just plain nuts.

I have no idea what the record is for % of votes to get in on the 1st ballot (Big John?), but I've gotta think Favre is as close to a unanimous pick as there ever will be - and the only reason he wouldn't be is because of some yay-hoo voters who as a matter of some warped sense of principle they carry, never vote someone in on the first ballot.

I have no idea what the record is for % of votes to get in on the 1st ballot (Big John?), but I've gotta think Favre is as close to a unanimous pick as there ever will be - and the only reason he wouldn't be is because of some yay-hoo voters who as a matter of some warped sense of principle they carry, never vote someone in on the first ballot.

Unlike baseball, a outside accounting firm counts the ballots and the vote totals and ballots are kept secret except for who the inductees will be. The player must get at least 80% of the votes to get in, with an exception being that if not enough candidates (4 is the current minimum) get 80%, the top votegetters get in until the minimum is set. (conversely, if more that the maximum (currently 7) get at least 80% of the votes, then only the top votegetters get in until the maximum is set.)

Unlike baseball, a outside accounting firm counts the ballots and the vote totals and ballots are kept secret except for who the inductees will be. The player must get at least 80% of the votes to get in, with an exception being that if not enough candidates (4 is the current minimum) get 80%, the top votegetters get in until the minimum is set. (conversely, if more that the maximum (currently 7) get at least 80% of the votes, then only the top votegetters get in until the maximum is set.)

I see....

As an aside to the original thread, but more in general -

Do you just know all this stuff or do you look it up and post accordingly?

For QBs.

Jim Marshall still holds the record for all players.

Don't mean to interrupt the Favre love fest but this underscores the ridiculous record held by Marshall.

For as long as Favre played and started (which seemed like forever), Favre would've had to start through the 2nd week of 2009 to break Marshall's record. Another full season and change... :wacko:

So which 6 of you Lions fans voted No? :wacko:

Dude. Seriously. I'm as big of a Lions fan as there is, and I seriously want to kick the ass of anyone who voted no. If Brett Favre isn't a unanimous first-ballot Hall of Famer, then they should burn that place to the ground because it stands for nothing.

Peace

policy

Well 4 people disagree that he is a first ballot.

Now it's nine; I think they'd at least ATTEMPT to put forth their view in public, but no such luck. :wacko:

well shoot, if i knew it would get so many panties twisted, I would have voted "no" :wacko:

Eh, not so much twisted - it's just pretty obvious that some people either are just intentionally being knuckleheads or don't know the first thing about the game of football.

:wacko: Here's one from another message board...

I can see how Brett Favre is considered a good quarterback, but I can't see how is considered a great quarterback. I'm not sure that he is one of the top three quarterbacks in today's game (Manning, Brady, Romo), so how can people compare him to greats like Montana, Elway and Marino?

Although he holds many career records, what significant single-season record does he hold? Any mediocre guy who plays for seventeen years is sure to set at least one or two records. The success that he had could not have been accomplished without being surrounded by great players. Even the year that the Packers won the Superbowl, Favre didn't win the Superbowl MVP. He was always on teams with good players, and he never had to make plays by himself. He was always surrounded by great players such as Desmond Howard, Dorsey Levens, Antonio Freeman, Reggie White, Darren Sharper, Leroy Butler, and other great players.(this one cracks me up - let's count the other Hall of Fame caliber players on that list on one finger, shall we?)

Also, I never liked how he played the game. I can understand that one should have fun while he is playing, but in my opinion, Favre had too much fun. The NFL is not a place where a bunch of guys get together to play a pickup game to have fun, it is serious. How can one expect to win a Superbowl if his starting quarterback is more concerned about throwing snowballs and catching snowflakes on his tongue during the pre-game warmup than getting his arm loose and doing drills. I'm sure he is a great guy, but his attitude is not one that a serious player should have on the field.

Many great athletes have been good guys, but serious on the playing field. I don't know how any professional athlete could tolerate playing with a guy who didn't take the game seriously and thought it was a joke. There is nothing funny about football; it is the most physical sport that I have ever seen played, and it demands a tough attitude and extreme concentration. Brett Favre does not play the game seriously enough.

Don't get me wrong, I think Favre is a good player. He will definitely be a Hall of Famer, and he deserves to be. However, Favre does not deserve all the hype he gets. He is not as great as people think he is. He is nothing more than another good player who has overstayed his welcome in the NFL.

Favre...............the man I loved to hate over all these years...................

WINS ON THE FIRST BALLOT!

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he was discussing this w/ his wife.

May Brett enjoy retirement. The basturd! :wacko:

Edited by rocknrobn26