[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre Retired...

119 members have voted

1. 1. First Ballot hall of famer?

• yes
    • no

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre has decided to retire.

Brett Favre

Favre

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that according to Favre's agent, Buss Cook, Favre informed Packers coach Mike McCarthy of his decision Monday night.

A sure-fire first-ballot Hall of Famer, Favre, acquired in a trade with the Atlanta Falcons, led the Packers back to the NFL's elite. He retires with 5,377 carrer completions in 8,758 attempts for 61,655 yards, 442 touchdowns and 288 interceptions, passing Dan Marino's touchdown mark last season.

As a player Favre was known for his durability, his willingness to take risks and turn broken plays into big gains and the way his love for the game was evident in the way he played. He went to a pair of Super Bowls in 1996 and 1997, winning it all on his first try, as well as nine Pro Bowls.

Cook said as of Tuesday morning, there were no plans for Favre to hold a news conference.

Favre, who returned for the 2007 season when many thought he should have left the game, had a career renaissance in his final season and led the Packers to the NFC Championship Game, where they lost to the eventual Super Bowl champion New York Giants in overtime.

Mortensen reported that Favre, who wanted the Packers to obtain Randy Moss when he was a free agent last season, had once again pushed for Moss to join the Packers. Favre had spoken to Moss late last week and was willing to commit to more than just this season if Moss and the Packers could come to an agreement. But the Packers did not pursue Moss, who re-signed with the Patriots on Monday.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right after the Pats signed Moss. :wacko:

So, why retire now if Brett was in it for another championship? He has a championship-caliber team. Sounds to me like he played this past season to break the TD record.

Cynicism aside, this is a HUGH loss for the NFL. Even casual fans loved to watch him play... and loved the way that he played the game. He was a class act on and off the field and a great ambassador to the league.

Thanks for the memories, Brett.

Edited by Bill Swerski

is there any doubt?

Nope. Pure lunacy to think that he wouldn't be.

no doubt he makes the HOF as soon as he's eligible, silly question.

i sorta don't trust him not to decide he's playing again in august.

he went out with not his greatest game against the giants, but i have to admit he impressed the hell out of me with his play this past season. the last couple years before that i had the feeling he was just holding on for the paycheck and/or records, like emmitt in AZ. last year he showed he is still a top-notch QB, and IMO that did a lot of good to his legacy among the overall greats at the position.

Maybe so. Stupid is as stupid does sir. But why call it stupid? Because it is obvious? Well 4 people disagree that he is a first ballot. Of course they are out of their dadgum minds...

Those 4 people are being clowns because this poll is silly. Ask a silly question...get a few silly answers. Hell even CR voted yes and he has no emotional attachment to Favre. Zilch!!!

Edited by irish

I am stunned. I thought they would have to drag the guy off the field kicking and screaming.

One of my favorite players ever. I salute Favre for his career and the way he played the game. First ballot? Not even a question.

Those 4 people are being clowns because this poll is silly. Ask a silly question...get a few silly answers. Hell even CR voted yes and he has no emotional attachment to Favre. Zilch!!!

Well my bad folks. Sorry to be the first to post a stupid poll. It was the first question i thought of. I hope indeed they are being clowns, because I think hands down it's 100%.

Well my bad folks. Sorry to be the first to post a stupid poll. It was the first question i thought of. I hope indeed they are being clowns, because I think hands down it's 100%.

:wacko:

Actually, as I posted above, there may be reasons why he is not a first ballot HOFer - some think so and I'd love to be enlightened. Personally, I think he is a unanimous pick but opinions and perspectives vary.

Right after the Pats signed Moss. :wacko:

So, why retire now if Brett was in it for another championship? He has a championship-caliber team. Sounds to me like he played this past season to break the TD record.

Favre playing for records?? NO WAY

:D

Seriously, who in the hell voted no? They ought to have their IDPs banned permanently.

Let's see:

1st in NFL history, career pass attempts

1st in NFL history, career pass completions

1st in NFL history, career passing yards

1st in NFL history, career passing TDs

1st in NFL history, career interceptions thrown :wacko:

1st in NFL history, games started by a QB

Yeah, he's not a first ballot HoFer.