[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Final Four

Randall

Yeah, I fault McKillop for that though. Curry carries your team the entire tournament and you have 1 shot to win a game and advance to the final 4 and you can;'t run a play that gets your main man a shot? What the F is that all about?

Kansas was equally as ugly on their last possession. The game should have not been in doubt.

Werd on both counts. I remember thinking, "That's it?" Did they really think that Curry was going to be able to dribble his way into an open 3 pointer? Hell, I can almost, barely get with using him as a decoy (but not really). However, if that's the case, you'd think they could do better than getting the point guard an off balance, running shot from 5 ft. beyond the arc.

Also, amen on Kasas' last possession. They should have been less worried about running the shot clock all the way down than simply scoring a basket. Up by 4 with 25 secs to go beats the hell out of up by 2 with 15.

But you know what, this thing would be so much better if they would have just voted a few weeks ago which two teams should play for it all and have the other two in the final four play some meaningless games against Georgetown and Duke.

Oh ... and I could only bring myself to pick against one of the 1 seeds .... so I have UNC, UCLA and Kansas in the final 4.

I agree. With Memphis playing weaker competition all year I didn't think they'd make it.

I agree. With Memphis playing weaker competition all year I didn't think they'd make it.

One thing to note that could be an interesting thing to look at for next season's brackets: The teams with 6 or more road/neutral site win streaks did really well.

UNC, Memphis, Xavier, and Davidson all had 10+ wins in a row on the road this season. UCLA is on a 10-gamer right now, and Kansas is closing in on that number.

Teams like Tennessee, Georgetown, and Duke did not perform as well on the road or neutral sites as their records would indicate. I'll check on this trend from previous years to see if it is worth noting in the future.

One thing to note that could be an interesting thing to look at for next season's brackets: The teams with 6 or more road/neutral site win streaks did really well.

UNC, Memphis, Xavier, and Davidson all had 10+ wins in a row on the road this season. UCLA is on a 10-gamer right now, and Kansas is closing in on that number.

Teams like Tennessee, Georgetown, and Duke did not perform as well on the road or neutral sites as their records would indicate. I'll check on this trend from previous years to see if it is worth noting in the future.

I don't know the number(s) off-hand, but I can say with a great deal of confidence that it is a HUGH stat/trend/number of note.

Well, I had all 4 #1s going in 2 of my 4 sheets, and I'm on track for some nice $ if UNC and UCLA meet in the big game, with the Bruins winning it all. (I had TX beating Mem in the other 2, with KS winning it all on one and UNC winning the other.)

So if the Saturday games go as planned, by Monday I'll be at the 50/50 point - making this FF much more exciting than usual for me. I really think a Tar Heels/Bruins final will be a great one. Instead of Gators, UCLA has Tyler H. and his crew in the way this time. We'll see...

Huge advantage for NC. This shouldn't happen in all 4 games.

Well, it's not like it hasn;t happened before. Didn't UCLA play 4 games in Cali last year? Didn;t Illinois play all 6 games in 2005 less than 250 miles from their campus?

Well, it's not like it hasn;t happened before. Didn't UCLA play 4 games in Cali last year? Didn;t Illinois play all 6 games in 2005 less than 250 miles from their campus?

It happens. If Texas would have won they'd be playing in San Antonio.

It happens. If Texas would have won they'd be playing in San Antonio.

After having played the round of 16 and 8 in Houston. Hell, they played in Dallas as the 6 seed against the 3 a few years back.

Of course, these facts mean nothing to someone as sagacious as the Prof.

I hear you, no way they beat Ark by 40 if they're playing on a neutral site. 35 pts. max.

With every post you make I become more convinced that your :wacko:

I was only saying that NC has a huge advantage by playing their first 4 games of the tournament in their home state. I didn't say that they wouldn't have beat Arkansa or anyone else if they played at a neutral site only that it's an advantage. No different than UCLA playing a couple of their games up the coast.

With every post you make I become more convinced that your :wacko:

I was only saying that NC has a huge advantage by playing their first 4 games of the tournament in their home state. I didn't say that they wouldn't have beat Arkansa or anyone else if they played at a neutral site only that it's an advantage. No different than UCLA playing a couple of their games up the coast.

Well, truth be told, you also said it "shouldn't happen". Actually, if you think about it, it sort of should. Why shouldn't the #1 overall seed in the entire tourney not get to play in a regional final that was already scheduled to be in their home state? The only reason why any #1 seed shouldn't play near their home is if they're the 2nd best #1 seed from a particular region of the country. The fact that they got to play all 4 there makes it sound like a bigger deal than it really is because the first two rounds shouldn't (and didn't) matter for a #1 seed.

Besides, as we all know, the arenas are set way ahead of time. Thus, somebody would have to make a specific point of moving UNC away from their home state. Again. Why should they do that? They're the #1 overall seed in the entire tourney and yet played in a region with either the best or 2nd best #2 and the best #3. Hell, they also played in the only region with a #4 good enough to make the sweet 16. Should they also have shipped them to Phoenix for good measure?

I know, I know, I'm talking crazy again. As you were.

Well, truth be told, you also said it "shouldn't happen". Actually, if you think about it, it sort of should. Why shouldn't the #1 overall seed in the entire tourney not get to play in a regional final that was already scheduled to be in their home state? The only reason why any #1 seed shouldn't play near their home is if they're the 2nd best #1 seed from a particular region of the country. The fact that they got to play all 4 there makes it sound like a bigger deal than it really is because the first two rounds shouldn't (and didn't) matter for a #1 seed.

Besides, as we all know, the arenas are set way ahead of time. Thus, somebody would have to make a specific point of moving UNC away from their home state. Again. Why should they do that? They're the #1 overall seed in the entire tourney and yet played in a region with either the best or 2nd best #2 and the best #3. Hell, they also played in the only region with a #4 good enough to make the sweet 16. Should they also have shipped them to Phoenix for good measure?

I know, I know, I'm talking crazy again. As you were.

I agree with a lot of what you said but I don't feel that ANY team should be able to play their first 4 games in their home state. I'm fine with rewarding them with their 2 opening games but come on ... all four?

I agree with a lot of what you said but I don't feel that ANY team should be able to play their first 4 games in their home state. I'm fine with rewarding them with their 2 opening games but come on ... all four?

So where would you have sent them? Detroit? Houston? Phoenix? I understand why the tourney evolved from where it truly was regional but it seems sort of strange to arbitrarily move top seeds away from home.

Also, as others have mentioned, this is hardly the first time this has happened, even in the last few years.