[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cripes

billay

It's early but it would still be the comeback of the century if UNC could pull this out. Hey, they're on a 7-0 run, that's a start. Hell, I just want to see a game.

Gotta get it under 20 before halftime.

As bad as the Heels looked that half, they're fortunate that the game isn't already over. 17 is a workable margin. They could've been down 35.

Billy Packer for President.

Congrats to Kansas. They came out like a lion and put the Heels on the defensive. You just can't allow yourself to get down by such a big margin against such a quality team and hope to come back. Hopefully the Heels will keep everybody and try to make a run at it next year.

As an ACC fan, I hated to see NC lose. There was absolutely no excuse for a team of their caliber to start out that HORRIBLY. They weren't prepared to leave it all out on the court, Kansas was. Granted, they made a run to make it close at the end, but how many times do you see a team make a come back and not be able to finish it because they spent it all getting back in the game? NC was better than that, well, not today.

Billy Packer for President.

God that guy's a tool. When they were getting pummeled in the 1st half, UNC had open looks from behind the arc and the players taking the shots were the guys they wanted to take the shot. However, they were missing them and every freaking time, he'd say the same damned thing. "They're taking the wrong shot, they're trying to catch up with one basket" On and freaking on. Really? Wayne Ellington with an open look from 3 is a bad shot to take? When you're down by freaking 25? Really? F'ing idiot.

As I thought, the Heels were no match for my Jayhawks. Too much talent and way too much quickness. The heels showed a lot of heart by coming back, and as often happens, they were "spent" after their run. Kansas was CLEARLY the better team. Looks like a terrific championship game. The two best teams heading for the showdown on Monday night.

Kansas 87

Memphis 83

Edited by theprofessor

As I thought, the Heels were no match for my Jayhawks. Too much talent and way too much quickness. The heels showed a lot of heart by coming back, and as often happens, they were "spent" after their run. Kansas was CLEARLY the better team. Looks like a terrific championship game. The two best teams heading for the showdown on Monday night.

Kansas 87

Memphis 83

You knew it along? Nice guess. :wacko:

God that guy's a tool. When they were getting pummeled in the 1st half, UNC had open looks from behind the arc and the players taking the shots were the guys they wanted to take the shot. However, they were missing them and every freaking time, he'd say the same damned thing. "They're taking the wrong shot, they're trying to catch up with one basket" On and freaking on. Really? Wayne Ellington with an open look from 3 is a bad shot to take? When you're down by freaking 25? Really? F'ing idiot.

Yeah, what a moran. I was thinking the same thing. And how do you catch up from a 25 point deficit with one basked? :wacko: And those NC guys were throwing up absolute bricks from behind the line.

Check my earlier posts. Yes, knew it all along. :wacko:

Like I said earlier. Nice prediction, but it would have looked a bit better had you also not predicted that WSU was going to send home UNC as well.

Also, I'm not taking a single thing away from Kansas when I say this, and there is no question at all that they were far and away the better team last night. However, to imply that UNC was exposed or that they simply did not have the talent to keep up is foolish. So, Davidson did and UNC didn't?

I'm not even saying that Kansas isn't the better team and just happened to catch UNC on a bad night. KU might even beat UNC if they played a series, but it sure as hell wouldn't be ugly like that. It sure is nice when you say a team's gonna win and they go out and lay a beat down like that, but don't get carried away.

Like I said earlier. Nice prediction, but it would have looked a bit better had you also not predicted that WSU was going to send home UNC as well.

Also, I'm not taking a single thing away from Kansas when I say this, and there is no question at all that they were far and away the better team last night. However, to imply that UNC was exposed or that they simply did not have the talent to keep up is foolish. So, Davidson did and UNC didn't?

I'm not even saying that Kansas isn't the better team and just happened to catch UNC on a bad night. KU might even beat UNC if they played a series, but it sure as hell wouldn't be ugly like that. It sure is nice when you say a team's gonna win and they go out and lay a beat down like that, but don't get carried away.

There you go again misquoting me :wacko: I never said WSU was going to beat NC, I simply said they could surprise if they could slow down the tempo. Can't find the word "exposed" in my post either :D (or the suggestion).

It was clear to anyone watching that game last night that Kansas was the better team and had the superior athletes on the floor. Just the facts. :D

Edited by theprofessor

Kansas 87

Memphis 83

IMO, we could see a game in the 100s...

Hell of a nice run at it UNC getting it down to 4 at one point. That in itself was amazing. But the way it looks with 3 min. left, it's KU vs Memphis. Who wears the home whites?

I believe Memphis was the #2 or #3 overall seed and Kansas was the #4. So Memphis wears white.