[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nice Quiet Weekend at MSU

Egret

The warm weather was out in East Lansing this weekend. That meant it was time for a large outdoor party. When I went to school, during the big Central/Western weekend the cops were out in full force. There were state, county, and city officers parked on each block of the major student areas. There was also a paddy wagon parked in front of my fraternity house each and every year for that weekend. It put an end to anything remotely close to this real soon.

Edit: Language makes the link NSFW.

Edited by Egret

When I went to school, during the big Central/Western weekend the cops were out in full force.

Edit: Language makes the link NSFW.

I went to Central and those were some crazy weekends. I also remember the End of the World party. They quit that my freshman year and something replaced it but it wasnt quite the same.

I went to Central and those were some crazy weekends. I also remember the End of the World party. They quit that my freshman year and something replaced it but it wasnt quite the same.

I went to a few End of the World parties at Central when i was at Ferris. It was the first time i saw riot police in full gear. Bottles flying, things on fire...

Good times.

When were you at CMU?

I went to a few End of the World parties at Central when i was at Ferris. It was the first time i saw riot police in full gear. Bottles flying, things on fire...

Good times.

When were you at CMU?

91 to 96. I lived in MT P for a couple years after that.

I was there 93-99. :wacko:

I was in Thorpe Hall, West Campus appartmens, then a house on Kinney and Gaylord. I was an English major but spent most of my time at BW3's and The Blackstone. :D

Do you make it back for Homecoming? I usually try to make it every year.

I was in Thorpe Hall, West Campus appartmens, then a house on Kinney and Gaylord. I was an English major but spent most of my time at BW3's and The Blackstone. :wacko:

Do you make it back for Homecoming? I usually try to make it every year.

I lived in the Towers, houses on Douglas, University, and the Sigma Pi house. I also delivered pizza for Hungry Howie's for a few years. Good times. I was a special ed major, but a language arts minor. I spent a good amount of time at both BDubs and the Stone. I played a helluva a lot of trivia at BDubs. I was also known to drink too many 32oz beers at the Stone and sing drunk karaoke. :D Egret was my nickname in college, so most people knew me by that name.

That should be enough for Big John's database for now.

I haven't made it up for Homecoming in a few years. We're thinking about going up this fall.

I lived in the Towers, houses on Douglas, University, and the Sigma Pi house. I also delivered pizza for Hungry Howie's for a few years. Good times. I was a special ed major, but a language arts minor. I spent a good amount of time at both BDubs and the Stone. I played a helluva a lot of trivia at BDubs. I was also known to drink too many 32oz beers at the Stone and sing drunk karaoke. :wacko: Egret was my nickname in college, so most people knew me by that name.

That should be enough for Big John's database for now.

I haven't made it up for Homecoming in a few years. We're thinking about going up this fall.

I used to sing some drunk karaoke once and a while too. I was all over the trivia and qb1 when then had it. We have probably crossed paths. Let me know if you end up going for HC.

I graduated from FSU in 87. On the weekends we would head over to CMU to catch a Michigan band called The Verve Pipe. They played at a small bar a lot... the name escapes me. They eventually made it big in the early 90's. I have many memories of getting hammered/stoned to the bejesus belt with those dudes. A girl i knew dated the bass player for a while... or maybe the drummer? Maybe both... :wacko:

I graduated from FSU in 87. On the weekends we would head over to CMU to catch a Michigan band called The Verve Pipe. They played at a small bar a lot... the name escapes me. They eventually made it big in the early 90's. I have many memories of getting hammered/stoned to the bejesus belt with those dudes. A girl i knew dated the bass player for a while... or maybe the drummer? Maybe both... :wacko:

Rubbles is the name of the bar. I saw Verve Pipe a few times too. It was a year or two before their "major label" contract. There weren't too many great bands to see at Rubbles when I was up there. Fat Amy, Knee Deep Shag, and Domestic Problems played up their a few times, but I preferred seeing them out in Grand Rapids.

Rubbles is the name of the bar. I saw Verve Pipe a few times too. It was a year or two before their "major label" contract. There weren't too many great bands to see at Rubbles when I was up there. Fat Amy, Knee Deep Shag, and Domestic Problems played up their a few times, but I preferred seeing them out in Grand Rapids.

One of my favorites, used to check them out everytime there played Rubbles. I saw VP a couple times too. Once at Rubbles and once at Pops 911, or was it Pops 101, I dont remember. It didnt stay open for long before it got shut down for selling to minors. :wacko: It was next to the Best Western across the street from the Holiday Inn. The original Pops was pretty cool too. Used to hit that up on Mondays for 1/2 price shot and pops. I miss college.