[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bush

Return Of S&B

Stop. Atomic, re-read what you've typed above.

You need to take a good long hard look at yourself, and ask, "Self? Do I really want to be the only person on the face of the Earth to wonder whether Al Davis is a genius?" There are some really good prescription medications available these days you know. You can be helped Atomic. But you have to WANT to be helped.

Well... he dresses like a genius.

Dr. Venture wears a jumpsuit too.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Russell & Fargas and maybe Michael Bush can win games? I don't care what defensive lineman you take, that offense is in trouble. The best player on the board is McFadden, and he also fits the biggest need for the Raiders....an offensive playmaker. I repeat, this is the biggest no-brainer of the draft.

McFadden isn't a lock. He's Not what the Raiders need most. And wasn't Reggie Bush a "game changer" too? Nobody is a game changer in the NFL until they play a down in the NFL. Until then, a 1st rd prospect has as much chance as a 6th rounder like Terrel Davis.

Raiders running game was pretty good last year, regardless of not having a flashy superstar on it. It's solid, not great. We need a solid D-Line now.

Man, I opened up a can of worms...nice to see a day before the draft.

Lots of good discussion...here are my final 2cents on the topic.

What I want to happen is

Rams select DT Dorsey at #2,

Falcons select QB Ryan at #3

Raiders to select DE Long at #4

What I think will really happen:

Rams select DE Long at #2,

Falcons select DT Dorsey at #3

Raiders select DE Gholston at #4

What I think Al Davis wants to do:

Draft McFadden

What I think Al Davis will do:

Draft Long or Gholston

Michael Bush was never considered the top player in college football. Even with Adrian Peterson coming out last year, McFadden was still thought of as a better prospect. He is THAT good. If you were basing your argument that McFadden is simply the top back of a running back class, I would definitely agree. They would have no reason to select him. The thing is, McFadden is not simply the best of this class, but rather one of those rare "special" backs. Michael Bush also wasn't considered a top-five talent by most. Good prospect, maybe great prospect, but not elite. Can you imagine the talk in Raider town if they let the Jets take McFadden and the Raiders are stuck in mediocrity for the rest of the decade? Ouch.

As far as the teams that vaulted from an exciting young rookie stud RB:

Saints---NFC Championship game rookie year (Brees helped, sure, but the excitement of this young rookie CHANGED the franchise)

Chargers--HORRIBLE TEAM one minute, very very good the next, why??

Vikings (they would not have won more than 6 last year without AP, and I LOVE that defense)

It isn't like taking a defensive player is automatically going to work out. Robertson comes to mind. Jimmy Kennedy anyone? Absolute no-brainer. Take him or regret it.

Do you think that the Vikings should have passed on Peterson and taken a wide receiver or DB instead, since they had Chester Taylor and Mewelde Moore already in place??

Edited by Seahawks21

As far as the wagers, I had thought that we finalized it already. I'm actually going to make a post in the next few weeks just for my little sidebets, so I can catalog them a little bit. Whatever the deal was, I'm most certainly in.

Michael Bush was never considered the top player in college football. Even with Adrian Peterson coming out last year, McFadden was still thought of as a better prospect. He is THAT good. If you were basing your argument that McFadden is simply the top back of a running back class, I would definitely agree. They would have no reason to select him. The thing is, McFadden is not simply the best of this class, but rather one of those rare "special" backs. Michael Bush also wasn't considered a top-five talent by most. Good prospect, maybe great prospect, but not elite. Can you imagine the talk in Raider town if they let the Jets take McFadden and the Raiders are stuck in mediocrity for the rest of the decade? Ouch.

As far as the teams that vaulted from an exciting young rookie stud RB:

Saints---NFC Championship game rookie year (Brees helped, sure, but the excitement of this young rookie CHANGED the franchise)

Chargers--HORRIBLE TEAM one minute, very very good the next, why??

Vikings (they would not have won more than 6 last year without AP, and I LOVE that defense)

It isn't like taking a defensive player is automatically going to work out. Robertson comes to mind. Jimmy Kennedy anyone? Absolute no-brainer. Take him or regret it.

Do you think that the Vikings should have passed on Peterson and taken a wide receiver or DB instead, since they had Chester Taylor and Mewelde Moore already in place??

You are sadly mistaken if you dont think Bush was a top 5 talent before the injury. He was AS HIGH A PROSPECT as McFadden. 1200 yards, and like 25 TDs will do that for you.

Reggie Bush as a RB didnt change anything there. The TEAM got better all around. Brees did more than anyone else.

LT - 2001 they were 5-11. 2002 they were 8-8. 2003 they were 4-12.

AP - Yeah he was the rare talent, but that defense won games last year by themselves.

Bottom line is, you have no idea what you are referencing.

As for the bets, PLEASE let me know what the terms are. I cant wait...

You are sadly mistaken if you dont think Bush was a top 5 talent before the injury. He was AS HIGH A PROSPECT as McFadden. 1200 yards, and like 25 TDs will do that for you.

Reggie Bush as a RB didnt change anything there. The TEAM got better all around. Brees did more than anyone else.

LT - 2001 they were 5-11. 2002 they were 8-8. 2003 they were 4-12.

AP - Yeah he was the rare talent, but that defense won games last year by themselves.

Bottom line is, you have no idea what you are referencing.

You are absolutely sick if you don't think the excitement alone of having Reggie Bush on the team made that team twice as good the moment he stepped onto the field. Young playmakers change the complexion of teams....in all sports. There is only one way to change a culture of losing. It is that simple. I don't think we need to re-hash the Chargers '03 season, but other than that year, LT has taken that franchise from the bottom to close to the top.

Nice try to find loopholes guy. I'm done trying to explain to people that just don't and won't get it. Get your notebook out and watch what happens. Out of the Raiders and Jets....whichever team drafts McFadden will be in the playoffs within a few years, the other will remain mediocre. It may be difficult for you to grasp, but it really is that simple.

Edited by Seahawks21

You are absolutely sick if you don't think the excitement alone of having Reggie Bush on the team made that team twice as good the moment he stepped onto the field. Young playmakers change the complexion of teams....in all sports. There is only one way to change a culture of losing. It is that simple. I don't think we need to re-hash the Chargers '03 season, but other than that year, LT has taken that franchise from the bottom to close to the top.

Nice try to find loopholes guy. I'm done trying to explain to people that just don't and won't get it. Get your notebook out and watch what happens. Out of the Raiders and Jets....whichever team drafts McFadden will be in the playoffs within a few years, the other will remain mediocre. It may be difficult for you to grasp, but it really is that simple.

Just tell me the terms of the bet. I dont really care about anything else.

Out of the Raiders and Jets....whichever team drafts McFadden will be in the playoffs within a few years, the other will remain mediocre. It may be difficult for you to grasp, but it really is that simple.

It is so simple, i guess those of us with more complex minds just can't grasp such an obvious statement. I just hope those teams realize that they could be facing years of mediocrity if they don't get McFadden.

You made a bet, but failed to agree on terms. You have some crazy love for McFadden, but youre scared to place the bet you swear is an easy win for you (McFadden top 5 back this year, no matter where he goes).

Now, if you wanna revisit that bet, PM me. :wacko:

Just tell me the terms of the bet. I dont really care about anything else.

Oh there's a bet alright. Man what a bet! This is like the bet to end all bets. It's the Queen Mother of bets everywhere! You just wait... when you see the terms of this amazing bet it is going to blow your socks off! Man, I just wish I had made this bet. Wow, what a bet.

It is so simple, i guess those of us with more complex minds just can't grasp such an obvious statement. I just hope those teams realize that they could be facing years of mediocrity if they don't get McFadden.

The Falcons could have had LT. Seriously, I know you all think I'm a pompus idiot, but watch what happens and bring this up in two years. I'm not attacking anybody, simply defending myself and my points from the onslaught. If you don't believe me, just watch. How many teams are bonking themselves in the head for not taking Peterson? McFadden may not be AP, but he is darn good, good enough to change the fortune of a franchise. His position is much more important and has a lot more influence on games than that of a DT, especially for bad teams.

Edited by Seahawks21