[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mario Kart

Swashbucklers

Picked it up last night along with an extra steering wheel attachment. Had been waiting for a long time for it to come out, thinking it would be a great multi-player game and it is (have only played against the wife and tore her up but we both had fun). Several tracks, vehicles, and characters, with more being unlocked later. Only played a little last night. Anyone else play it?

I still get together with my buddies every few weeks and play a "10 series" on the GameCube. If I would have known that they were going to be making this, I wouldn't have bought my 360. Keep the reviews coming! How does the steering wheel work? It looks like it would make your arms awfully tired.

Well, I got Smash Bros Brawl, and while it was fun for a few weeks, I think I am over the Wii. I will pass on Mario Kart. I know it is more of a family system, but the reality is, its more of a kids system. Too many little kid sounds in the games Ive played. Time to sell it and get a PS3. :wacko:

I preordered. :wacko: I've been playing since Sunday.

The wheel is cool for parties and stuff, but I use the nunchuck attachment to steer when I'm playing to unlock stuff.

I love the classic courses. I used to play on the SNES and 64 all the time.

The one thing that is rough is that there are 12 racers, and there is the blue shell, the squid, the POW, the red shells, and the lightning... and if you are riding dirt in 1st, you get smashed with something every 10 seconds. I can't tell you how many times it's gone Blue shell, lightning, red shell, and then you get run over. 1st to 10th in 10 seconds flat. That can be frustrating.

I'm looking forward to playing in the online tourneys.

Oh snap.

I just played 3 hours straight of this in online tournaments. How did I not try this until tonight?

I've only played 2 games on line before... one game of Madden, and one game of Tony Hawk. I was openly derided and mocked in both of them.

But I've found my calling. I won far more than I lost at Kart.

Oh snap.

I just played 3 hours straight of this in online tournaments. How did I not try this until tonight?

I've only played 2 games on line before... one game of Madden, and one game of Tony Hawk. I was openly derided and mocked in both of them.

But I've found my calling. I won far more than I lost at Kart.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

Online gaming w/ a console is great when you have a great game and a good group of folks. It's not so great when the group of folks stinks.

I heard it has a few retro boards available in battle...

is this true?...

if so, I might have to scoop up a Wii..

It has retro courses from all of the previous systems... 16 in total.

Offhand... SNES Ghost Valley, N64 Sherbet Land and Bowser's Castle, plus several from the DS and GameCube.

Look Here

I've never been much of a battle guy, so I haven't even looked to see if there are retro courses there.