[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

good morning!

dmarc117

Conservatives Happier Than Liberals

Individuals with conservative ideologies are happier than liberal-leaners, and new research pinpoints the reason: Conservatives rationalize social and economic inequalities.

Regardless of marital status, income or church attendance, right-wing individuals reported greater life satisfaction and well-being than left-wingers, the new study found. Conservatives also scored highest on measures of rationalization, which gauge a person's tendency to justify, or explain away, inequalities.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/200805...ierthanliberals

:wacko:

Edited by dmarc117

AnyBODY but Bush.

It'd be better if it was vacant.

A friend of mine said "I like Obama for President"

"Why" I asked.

"He seems to have the fewest ideas. I like that."

You'd be miserable too if you were a mangy hyena...that does nothing more than mooch for food and yelp constantly for more hand outs. Liberals are a lot like Hyenas.

Edited by SuperBalla

Hmmm. The director, deputy director, and 24 members comprising the folks who did this study (the National Science Foundation) are all presidential appointees. I guess that explains why they weren't studying something of, you know, scientific importance. $5.91 billion dollar budget, they have: taxpayer dollars, hard at work. :wacko:

Edited by yo mama

"The National Science Foundation (NSF) is a United States government agency that supports fundamental research and education in all the non-medical fields of science and engineering.with an annual budget of about $5.91 billion (fiscal year 2007)"

This joke post just turned sad.

A Bush-appointed government agency that spends 6 billion of your tax dollars a year commissioned a study to find out if conservatives or liberals are happy.

Any real conservative would be rolling in their grave over this... you know... if they weren't already too fricking happy to care.

How interesting. I was just reading a related study about how stupid people were happier than smart people.

All things considered, I'll keep my life the way it is. :wacko:

"The National Science Foundation (NSF) is a United States government agency that supports fundamental research and education in all the non-medical fields of science and engineering.with an annual budget of about $5.91 billion (fiscal year 2007)"

This joke post just turned sad.

A Bush-appointed government agency that spends 6 billion of your tax dollars a year commissioned a study to find out if conservatives or liberals are happy.

Any real conservative would be rolling in their grave over this... you know... if they weren't already too fricking happy to care.

As opposed to 1.01 trillion spent on welfare and stupid hand-outs.

In fiscal year 2000 (the last year for which combined information on social welfare expenditures from all sources is available) federal, state, and local governments spent about $1.01 trillion on social welfare programs.

No so fast, Lopie... I think he was addressing my post:

In fiscal year 2000 (the last year for which combined information on social welfare expenditures from all sources is available) federal, state, and local governments spent about $1.01 trillion on social welfare programs.

My point was that the republicans that republicans elect do not uphold republican ideals in any way, and Balla pointed out that in a year where Republicans controlled all three branches of government, government was large getting larger.

I think Balla makes an excellent point. He usually does. He's one of the most subtle political pundits here at the huddle.

why not address what Atomic said?

(Instead of adding more issues in an attempt to distract and deflect the valid point)

Address What?

The NSA has many other projects than trying to figure out if a Hyena is happy or sad. I think we have bigger problems than the National Science Foundation, and typiKal Hyenisms would disagree.

We are tasked with keeping the United States at the leading edge of discovery in areas from astronomy to geology to zoology. So, in addition to funding research in the traditional academic areas, the agency also supports "high-risk, high pay-off" ideas, novel collaborations and numerous projects that may seem like science fiction today, but which the public will take for granted tomorrow. And in every case, we ensure that research is fully integrated with education so that today's revolutionary work will also be training tomorrow's top scientists and engineers.

Seems to me like expanding our science/math/engineering would have a higher pay-out than handing out money and food stamps to people that sit on their arss.

Edited by SuperBalla

It must be election season, Balla and moneymakers are once again active in the tailgate enlightening us with their keen insight.

Shouldn't you be protesting the American Flag with Obama? Why isn't Atomic with you or are you two posting with blackberries?

In my daily life, I am an optimist and generally a happy person... but when it coems to the political scene over the last couple of years (and months in particular) I am completely and totally disheartened. The Republican Party in general has abandoned Conservatism, and there is not really anyone out there ready to pick up that banner (possibly the Libertarian Party). Regardless of the outcome of this upcoming Presidential election, I think it is fair to say that Liberalism has won in the United States. Probably permanently.