[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ex-gitmo detainee is suicide bomber

polksalet

The point being???

If you're trying to say that we should have just kept him there without charges, counsel or a trial, that's pretty weak bait. How do you know he wasn't some innocent that just got so pizzed off at his treatment that he THEN decided to become a homocide bomber to get back at the great satan?

It is funny that there is not a single response of "eoe, our military might really know who the bad guys are after all. Maybe I should put down the bong and let them do their jobs."

It is funny that there is not a single response of "eoe, our military might really know who the bad guys are after all. Maybe I should put down the bong and let them do their jobs."

The point being???

If you're trying to say that we should have just kept him there without charges, counsel or a trial, that's pretty weak bait. How do you know he wasn't some innocent that just got so pizzed off at his treatment that he THEN decided to become a homocide bomber to get back at the great satan?

Show me their record of right to wrong. Put the numbers on the table and lets see it.

I'm surprised at all of the faint hearted responses. I don't know how many people we have at Gitmo and I don't know why they're there. I know my government would never hold people in detention without good reason so I'm comfortable with my government not bringing charges against them, allowing access to an attorney, or coming before a judge. These are prisoners of war and we will just have to hold them until the War on Terror is over. In a perfect world, they would be executed right now for war crimes.

The War on Terror will never be fully exhusted.....

IMO, we are only generating more hatered and demise for ourselvs by being there.......

The children over there seem to be breed with hatred for the Americans.......especially if they have had a family memeber killed......Children are allowed to mix with the elders to rally with weapons and fight........A child then is taught at an early age to be hostile.......

Unfortunatly, we can never not have a presence over there and we can never really win, as suicide and gorilla tactics are a thing of their own history.....as well as it being somewhat the basis of their daily lives...they have been fighting way before we ever arrived.

Pentagon officials who had been keeping track of al-Ajmi said they were aware he had left Kuwait for Syria, a launching ground for terrorists into Iraq.

If they are tracking him why didn't they pick him up for something illegal?

This kind of stuff happens all the time in law functioning societies. Sometimes people commit later crimes but jailing thousands because 100 may do something harmful creates even more terrorists. We need better intelligence so we can find the right people.

While the liberals may be more humane on this issue...I would hate to have a liberal fighting beside me in the trenches. We're in a war. We should have killed this guy when we had the chance.

almost half the armed forces are liberal....so are you saying half of the armed forces are worthless....why do you hate our troops?

While the liberals may be more humane on this issue...I would hate to have a liberal fighting beside me in the trenches. We're in a war. We should have killed this guy when we had the chance.

It is not a case of being liberal or not. It is a case of maintaining our standards that have stood us in good stead for over 200 years as opposed to descending into the same gutter that our enemies occupy.

It is not a case of being liberal or not. It is a case of maintaining our standards that have stood us in good stead for over 200 years as opposed to descending into the same gutter that our enemies occupy.

True that, Imagine if FDR would have had pow camps.

True that, Imagine if FDR would have had pow camps.

I don't think they were put in naked piles, terrorized by dogs or waterboarded. I believe they were actually treated pretty well. They also weren't kept in prison cells.

this is not to say that it was right - but the internment camps of WWII and Gitmo are nothing alike.

I made the point that they had a bomber in custody and released him. That is my evidence, produce yours.

You want me to show evidence of who was guilty or innocent among a group of people who were imprisoned without due process.

I think my point was already made. My evidence is evident.

I don't think they were put in naked piles, terrorized by dogs or waterboarded. I believe they were actually treated pretty well. They also weren't kept in prison cells.

this is not to say that it was right - but the internment camps of WWII and Gitmo are nothing alike.

If you want to make the point that the Japanese internment camps were not the same as Nazi camps, you're correct.

The Gitmo camp is just like the Japanese camps, IMO. Imprisoning people because of who they are, rather than what they've done. That flies in the face of the constitution, and was one of our grievances against the King, IIRC.

Imprisoning people because of who they are, rather than what they've done. That flies in the face of the constitution, and was one of our grievances against the King, IIRC.

I knew Elvis was a little weird, but I had no idea it was that bad.