[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stimulus check

alchico

I just checked my bank account and i got what i believe to be my stimulus payment. Weird thing is it's for $1103. Where i went to school 600 + 600 =1200. Do they take taxes out of your rebate? :wacko:

No, there shouldn't be any taxes taken out. I guess it's possible you were above the income threshhold and they start phasing it out at some point...

Or below. I believe you had to pay more than $1200 to get the full amount.

No, there shouldn't be any taxes taken out. I guess it's possible you were above the income threshhold and they start phasing it out at some point...

I doubt that as me and the wife only make about 60k a year

Maybe you still had owed taxes so they withheld some of it.

This is possible i guess, maybe they found out about my income from side jobs.

I don't think this is true as even people who don't owe anything can get the rebate just by filing a return.

This is correct. In order to receive the full $1200 rebate, you would have had to pay in $1200 or more in taxes.

It is possible, depending on your tax situation next year, that you will qualify to receive the remaining $97 of rebate after filing your 2008 taxes, though.

Edited by General Itals

This is correct. In order to receive the full $1200 rebate, you would have had to pay in $1200 or more in taxes.

It is possible, depending on your tax situation next year, that you will qualify to receive the remaining $97 of rebate after filing your 2008 taxes, though.

Wow your right, :wacko: the $1103 is exactly what my taxes were for this year. I had a ton of deductions (medical and dental) this year and got the biggest refund i've had in quite a few years.

Edited by alchico

Wow your right, :wacko: the $1103 is exactly what my taxes were for this year. I had a ton of deductions (medical and dental) this year and got the biggest refund i've had in quite a few years.

Dude.

You'd better be a priest or something.

Are you talking about total $1200 owed or $1200 paid in? :wacko:

Total taxes paid this year was $1708 and I got all $2100 of my stimilus check.

I beleive you get the full credit for your kids, regardless of what you paid in taxes.

For example: if you and your wife had paid $0 in taxes, you still would have received $900 (300+ 300+ 300). Since you paid over $1200 in taxes ($600 each for you and your spouse), you received the full amount.

I would imagine that the total rebate that you receive will be counted as part of your taxable income for this current year. Not sure about this though. Anyone know for sure?

Nope...you will not pay federal (or state) taxes on your rebate. From the IRS:

IRS Stimulus Check Q&A

Q. Is my stimulus payment taxable?

A. No. You will not owe tax on your payment when you file your 2008 federal income tax return. But you should keep a copy of the IRS letter you receive later this year listing the amount of your payment.

Q. If my stimulus payment is not going to affect my 2008 tax refund or increase the tax I owe next year, why is it I need to retain the letter that lists how much I received?

A. In the event you do not qualify for the full amount on your 2007 return but you do on your 2008 return, you will need to have the letter as a record of the amount you previously received. [New 4/11/08]

Q. Will the payment I receive in 2008 reduce my 2008 refund or increase the amount I owe for 2008?

A. No, the stimulus payment will not reduce your refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.

I beleive you get the full credit for your kids, regardless of what you paid in taxes.

For example: if you and your wife had paid $0 in taxes, you still would have received $900 (300+ 300+ 300). Since you paid over $1200 in taxes ($600 each for you and your spouse), you received the full amount.

Thank you for the clarification. Makes perfect sense.

Our regular grocery store is doing a cool offer. . .bring your stimulus check in and buy gift cards for the store and they'll add 10% to it. So, since we're going to be buying groceries anyway, there's an extra $120 for free. Sweet.

I just checked my bank account and i got what i believe to be my stimulus payment. Weird thing is it's for $1103. Where i went to school 600 + 600 =1200. Do they take taxes out of your rebate? :wacko:

That's what happened to me as well.

Our regular grocery store is doing a cool offer. . .bring your stimulus check in and buy gift cards for the store and they'll add 10% to it. So, since we're going to be buying groceries anyway, there's an extra $120 for free. Sweet.

Thanx, we shop at ACME & they're doing it as well. They said they will be raising prices across the board 12% next month, though.

Edited by Ramhock