[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol Finale

i_am_the_swammi

Round 1:

DC: I Still Haven't Found What I am Looking For (U2)

DA: Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Elton)

Loved the Cook version of U2's hit, and Cowell called it phenomenal, but Archuletta belted out an emotional version of Don't Let the Sun, and probably took round 1.

The lil' kid crying act is getting a tad old though...trying to endear himself to the teenie boppers who think he is cute. For that alone, I'd be voting for Cook.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 1:

DC: I Still Haven't Found What I am Looking For (U2)

DA: Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Elton)

Loved the Cook version of U2's hit, and Cowell called it phenomenal, but Archuletta belted out an emotional version of Don't Let the Sun, and probably took round 1.

The lil' kid crying act is getting a tad old though...trying to endear himself to the teenie boppers who think he is cute. For that alone, I'd be voting for Cook.

First, I think this is the best finale they've had thus far. Both David's are extremely talented.

I think both had phenomenal round 1 performances. My vote would still be with Cook, but, Archuletta probably had the better 1st round.

I know I'm in the minority on this board, but, I don't think Archuletta's thing is an act. I think he is an emotional, 17-year old kid.

Both of these guys are going to do just fine, but, I'm still pulling for David Cook, as I think he is the better performer. I think they are both great singers, but, Cook has the uniqueness and he is more entertaining.

Edited by Menudo

Looks likes Simon wants Archuletta to win

Yep. He was way too harsh on Cook for song # 2. It is a new song that no one ever heard, and I thought he did a very good job with it.

Imagine how cool that is for the amateurs that write those songs and get to see them performed on American Idol. They should have invited the winners to the show and shown them prior to the song.

Edited by Menudo

Looks likes Simon wants Archuletta to win

He's always liked his "purer" voice....but I think Archie is stuck in a narrow range of music options. Give him a mellow and/or religious-type of song, and he'll hit the notes perfectly. I just don't think, today, you can market that type of music long-term, unless you are spectacular. He'd very good, but not spectacular.

Liked Cook's Round 2...we'll see if Archie can impress with a song no one has ever heard...guessing its another slow song...surprise-surprise.

Edit: I'm pretty sure DA is a closet pole smuggler....call it a hunch.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

He's always liked his "purer" voice....but I think Archie is stuck in a narrow range of music options. Give him a mellow and/or religious-type of song, and he'll hit the notes perfectly. I just don't think, today, you can market that type of music long-term, unless you are spectacular. He'd very good, but not spectacular.

Liked Cook's Round 2...we'll see if Archie can impress with a song no one has ever heard...guessing its another slow song...surprise-surprise.

I've got to agree with Simon, Archuletta chose a better song for this competition. As cheezy as it is, the public is going to love a song in the finale that has the lyrics "I'm in this moment and no one can take it away"................ the judges, and especially Simon do seem to have an effect on the outcome, and I think Cook is in trouble.....unfortunately.

If round 3 is another "unknown" song written by a fan, I'm going to give that a big :wacko:

In past years, they let them sing one of their previous songs from the competition. I was hoping to hear Archuletta try to repeat "Imagine" and Cook would have had quite a few great ones to choose from.

I've got to agree with Simon, Archuletta chose a better song for this competition. As cheezy as it is, the public is going to love a song in the finale that has the lyrics "I'm in this moment and no one can take it away"................ the judges, and especially Simon do seem to have an effect on the outcome, and I think Cook is in trouble.....unfortunately.

I disagree. Simon likes the trite and obvious. He liked it when Archuletta sang "Coming to America" and evenmoreso, he gushed when Kristie Lee Cook sang "God Bless the U.S.A" :wacko:

Anybody who sings Lee Greenwood on American Idol should be kicked off immediately.

I disagree. Simon likes the trite and obvious. He liked it when Archuletta sang "Coming to America" and evenmoreso, he gushed when Kristie Lee Cook sang "God Bless the U.S.A" :wacko:

Anybody who sings Lee Greenwood on American Idol should be kicked off immediately.

I didn't mean that I liked it better. I meant that the voters will like Archuletta's choice better.

If round 3 is another "unknown" song written by a fan, I'm going to give that a big :wacko:

In past years, they let them sing one of their previous songs from the competition. I was hoping to hear Archuletta try to repeat "Imagine" and Cook would have had quite a few great ones to choose from.

Nevermind.....

Gutsy choice by Archuletta. "Imagine" was phenomenal the first time, but, that means he has a lot to live up to this time, or the judges, if they're fair can say "It wasn't as good as the first time"

Cook's third song sounded great :D

I hope he wins this.

Solid Round 3 for Cook.... but it didn't wow me....Cook did nothing to win it tonight....did nothing to lose it, but nothing to win it.

Archie had the better night...we'll have to see who has the more loyal following...but based on tonight, its Archie's title (and I haven't even heard him sing his 3rd song).

Archuletta is doing Imagine? Very creative :wacko:

Hopefully, his lack of willingingness to try something different will strike a chord with the voting public. A movie is never better than the 1st time you see...hopefully, the same will hold true with this song.

Archie sings 3 lullabys....very impressive range.

Archuletta is doing Imagine? Very creative :wacko:

Hopefully, his lack of willingingness to try something different will strike a chord with the voting public. A movie is never better than the 1st time you see...hopefully, the same will hold true with this song.

Archie sings 3 lullabys....very impressive range.

I liked his version of Imagine so much the first time that I listened to it a few other times on Youtube. This version sounded exactly the same. It is a great version and he can sing, but, couldn't he have at least started with the first verse this time, just to change it up. He didn't change the arrangement or anything.

As much as I want Cook to win, I would say that overall, Archuletta had a better night, and he will win.

Like I said prior to the start, this is the most talented final they have had, and both will do great. Good season. :D

You all do realize that by watching this show you all are Homadmos-gheyics-huddlist or in layman terms - f@gs.

:D

My wife wrote all of those messages........................ :wacko:

My wife wrote all of those messages........................ :wacko:

That's what I figured. No self respecting Pitts fan would watch this crap.

Menudo's wife wrote all my posts, too... :D

PM me a picture of your bare feet stepping on lady bugs and I'll forget you ever posted in this thread.

EDIT - eh, for medicinal purposes, of course.

Edited by cliaz