[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Home frickin' ownership

darin3

It's only Saturday and it's already been a sweaty, productive weekend at the d3 household. Yesterday (might as well be a weekend day since I work for myself) the wife and I went over to Home Depot to look at a new barbecue :D and lawnmower :brew: ... No one at the Depot seemed to want to help us out, so we left (and made mention of us going to Lowe's to the HD chick at the door).

Found a good, cheap lawnmower at Lowe's and picked that bad boy up. The wife was out mowin' later in the afternoon. :D Hey, what can I say, she wants to mow our grass, for exercise. I'm sure I'll be doing it before too long, though. :wacko:

Did some research on grills we found at Lowe's and turns out Sears had a sale going today too. So went to Sears (yuck) and stopped in at HD once again (and once again, no help). The grill I wanted at HD had some nice gimmicks but felt a little flimsy. So went back to Lowe's, got help right away, and bought this grill. For some reason, the photo is not showing up, but it essentially looks like this one, but with a stainless steel lid and a few more bells & whistles. Also picked up a big-azz roll of Visqueen (construction-grade plastic sheeting, for those that don't know) to roll over our patio cover. It's leaking quite a bit when it rains, and we're expecting 20ish people over tomorrow for a little Memorial Day weekend party (and expecting some t-storms). :D So, rolled that sucker over and staple-gunned it down real good. Hopefully it'll withstand the summer storms. We'll be building a new patio cover sometime later this year. yawn:

Will be grilling up burgers and dogs on the new grill, tipping back Lonestars and frying up a ton of redfish that was caught by my wife's grampa and uncle. :D

Really felt like a home-owner so far this weekend, and will feel even more like one when we have this big party tomorrow! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

It's only Saturday and it's already been a sweaty, productive weekend at the d3 household. Yesterday (might as well be a weekend day since I work for myself) the wife and I went over to Home Depot to look at a new barbecue yawn: and lawnmower :D ... No one at the Depot seemed to want to help us out, so we left (and made mention of us going to Lowe's to the HD chick at the door).

Found a good, cheap lawnmower at Lowe's and picked that bad boy up. The wife was out mowin' later in the afternoon. :lol: Hey, what can I say, she wants to mow our grass, for exercise. I'm sure I'll be doing it before too long, though. :wacko:

Did some research on grills we found at Lowe's and turns out Sears had a sale going today too. So went to Sears (yuck) and stopped in at HD once again (and once again, no help). The grill I wanted at HD had some nice gimmicks but felt a little flimsy. So went back to Lowe's, got help right away, and bought this grill. For some reason, the photo is not showing up, but it essentially looks like this one, but with a stainless steel lid and a few more bells & whistles. Also picked up a big-azz roll of Visqueen (construction-grade plastic sheeting, for those that don't know) to roll over our patio cover. It's leaking quite a bit when it rains, and we're expecting 20ish people over tomorrow for a little Memorial Day weekend party (and expecting some t-storms). :D So, rolled that sucker over and staple-gunned it down real good. Hopefully it'll withstand the summer storms. We'll be building a new patio cover sometime later this year. :D

Will be grilling up burgers and dogs on the new grill, tipping back Lonestars and frying up a ton of redfish that was caught by my wife's grampa and uncle. :brew:

Really felt like a home-owner so far this weekend, and will feel even more like one when we have this big party tomorrow! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

three words:

Big Green Egg

:) I knew I'd be gettin' some heat for not going with The Egg, but the wife is not a believer and would slice my nads off if I spent that kind of coin on a grill. :D

crazy talk :D

Each morning you must look into your mirror. Each day, you must face the challenges of life. I ask you in the name of all that is good and pure, how do you walk away from the precipice when you know you must take that next step? When you feel the Emerald glow surround you! How do you not look deeply into your wife's eyes, grasp her hand, and say to her, "Trust me. Walk with me. In this, my love shall encompass us."

I cannot be angry with you. It would be easier if I could. My disappointment brings tears to my soul.

Went to Lowes this morning and was asked by the checkout girl if I was a veteran. "Indeed I am", I replied, and got 10% off the entire order. She tells me Lowes is doing this all Memorial weekend. My business has left HD forever.

I heard that some Huddlers leave their grills out. Just take theirs instead of buying a new one. :D

I should be getting a new grill, too. I'd like to definetly get something with at least 3 burners but I don't want it to be as big as some of them are. Something that will catch the grease from hitting the driveway better that what I have now. :wacko:

were you by any chance at the annual shareholder meeting..... :wacko:

ATLANTA (AP) -- Home Depot Chief Executive Frank Blake was grilled Thursday by investors, who also shop in his company's stores, on the retailer's commitment to customer service.

Several shareholders spoke at the Atlanta-based company's annual meeting about poor experiences in Home Depot stores. They said some employees don't seem well-trained in the store's products, and they also criticized the performance of people who do home installations for the company.

One shareholder said he couldn't get the attention of Home Depot workers. "They don't see you or they don't want to see you," he said.

Blake said Home Depot is aware of customer service complaints at some of its stores, and he vowed, as he has in the past, to fix the problem.

"I apologize for any bad service you've had in our stores," Blake told a woman who complained about Home Depot's installation business.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080522/home_depot_...lders.html?.v=3

My wife and I have been looking at washer and dryers. We ordered the front loader type that is more economical. We're getting it from a Warner Stellion store that just opened up that very same day. But we also looked at Home Depot and Lowes and Best Buy.

three words:

Big Green Egg

:wacko: It's a cult thing and your wife will have to wear a DO like This.....

:D I knew I'd be gettin' some heat for not going with The Egg, but the wife is not a believer and would slice my nads off if I spent that kind of coin on a grill. :D

Actually...the Weber is the best....

Each morning you must look into your mirror. Each day, you must face the challenges of life. I ask you in the name of all that is good and pure, how do you walk away from the precipice when you know you must take that next step? When you feel the Emerald glow surround you! How do you not look deeply into your wife's eyes, grasp her hand, and say to her, "Trust me. Walk with me. In this, my love shall encompass us."

I cannot be angry with you. It would be easier if I could. My disappointment brings tears to my soul.

I have some slightly damp land near FL for sale. Wanna buy it? With your views of the egg, you seem like a good candidate. Offers? The egg makes a Mac desirable! The egg makes THIS.... plausible!

:wacko: It's a cult thing and your wife will have to wear a DO like This.....

Actually...the Weber is the best....

I have some slightly damp land near FL for sale. Wanna buy it? With your views of the egg, you seem like a good candidate. Offers? The egg makes a Mac desirable! The egg makes THIS.... plausible!

I'm not religious, but I pray for you.

Went to Lowes this morning and was asked by the checkout girl if I was a veteran. "Indeed I am", I replied, and got 10% off the entire order. She tells me Lowes is doing this all Memorial weekend. My business has left HD forever.

Do they just take your word for it or do you have to prove it?

Do they just take your word for it or do you have to prove it?

Since I am an honest looking fellow she took my word for it. I still have my old ID card (they used to give us pink ones when we separated from active duty) and had that in my wallet but she didn't want to see it. I think it was my bright red "USMC" ball cap that sealed the deal. plus it was only a $60 buck order. Now if the bride and I decide to go spend some serious money I will definitely bring some proof.