[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was the "Obama clinches nomination locked"?

Cunning Runt

Just curious.

The last post in that thread was from Atomic stating that it was a terrible bet because it was too vague and easily escaped.

I retract the bet, so please don't lock this one, but I did want to respond to Atomic.

I completely hear what you're saying, but I didn't really know how to word it. If it came out in between now and then that Obama had done something horrific in his past or even something off the wall during the campaign, or McCain for that matter, then ya, that would obviously have an impact that I couldn't have foreseen and I wouldn't have been willing to pony up $100 if that were to happen - nor would I think my co-bettor would if roles were reversed.

I guess my offer was more for effect because I expected a response such as yours. Basically, what I was getting at is that if things stay status quo and no major revelations occur in between now and the general election then I would have been willing to bet the hundy. It was a bad bet because you're right - too easy to say the littlest thing could have amounted to a "major revelation".

Anyhow no bet, but who knows - maybe the day before the election...... :wacko: I still say Obama's gonna roll in this one (barring the type of unforeseen event that could derail any candidate).

Peace.

I take it that's a "yep" - that's why it was locked.

I really doubt it...it's been stated political discussion would be allowed as long as it was substantive and cordial. When H8's race baiting thread got zapped right away yesterday I knew the liveliness of the remaining threads was tenuous. When dmarctard posted his tardy thread with his typical glaring lack of intelligent discourse, the writing was on the wall.

I really doubt it...it's been stated political discussion would be allowed as long as it was substantive and cordial. When H8's race baiting thread got zapped right away yesterday I knew the liveliness of the remaining threads was tenuous. When dmarctard posted his tardy thread with his typical glaring lack of intelligent discourse, the writing was on the wall.

lies, all lies

i will not stand for this defamation!!! lock it boss!!

Edited by dmarc117

I, for one, think it is retarded to base a decision on something someone did 20 years ago. We've all made mistakes and I'm sure learned from them. I think people focus too much on the crap out there and not whether someone makes a viable candidate who will make a difference. Yes, I know a viable candidate is someone you need to know about, etc. but not whether they freakin' tried pot in the '60s when it was the thing to do. That is the type of stuff I'm talking about.

I, for one, think it is retarded to base a decision on something someone did 20 years ago. We've all made mistakes and I'm sure learned from them. I think people focus too much on the crap out there and not whether someone makes a viable candidate who will make a difference. Yes, I know a viable candidate is someone you need to know about, etc. but not whether they freakin' tried pot in the '60s when it was the thing to do. That is the type of stuff I'm talking about.

I completely agree.

I tried pot last week (or was it two weeks ago - I forget) and I'd vote for me.

As we should be aware, it is preferred to not have any political threads in the tailgate and certainly not ones that are negative in nature (which decribes 90% or more at least eventually). Since I saw nine of the first 12 threads all being political and most taking a turn for the worse, I just locked them instead of weeding and deleting. we may - MAY - allow poltical discussions but only if they remain civil and informative and NOT degenerating into name calling, stereotyping a party, etc. etc., etc.. We are heading into an election year and that holds both interest and much importance to us all but past history says it is a topic that cannot be discussed in a public forum such as this one. I can either read every one all the time and Josh Gordon out and suspend/ban people or I can just delete it and be done with it. Deleting solves pretty much all the problems.

As we should be aware, it is preferred to not have any political threads in the tailgate and certainly not ones that are negative in nature (which decribes 90% or more at least eventually). Since I saw nine of the first 12 threads all being political and most taking a turn for the worse, I just locked them instead of weeding and deleting. we may - MAY - allow poltical discussions but only if they remain civil and informative and NOT degenerating into name calling, stereotyping a party, etc. etc., etc.. We are heading into an election year and that holds both interest and much importance to us all but past history says it is a topic that cannot be discussed in a public forum such as this one. I can either read every one all the time and Josh Gordon out and suspend/ban people or I can just delete it and be done with it. Deleting solves pretty much all the problems.

Hey, you're the one that was acting like a neocon in one of those threads and said we needed to instigate something with Chavez in Venezuela so we could go in and take their oil.

:wacko:

:ducks:

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe