[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Toe nail fungus

MrTed46

I took a pill for 6 months and it cleared it up. I played quite a bit of sand volleyball a few years ago and caught some weird nail fungus from getting sand in there and not cleaning underneath the nail enough - yellow, smelled horrible, would break off, and might even have oozed a little. Enjoy your lunch fellas!

ETA: I tried all of the over the counter stuff and they never worked. I think the pill was called lamasil. Expensive as hell though.

Edited by twiley

I took a pill for 6 months and it cleared it up. I played quite a bit of sand volleyball a few years ago and caught some weird nail fungus from getting sand in there and not cleaning underneath the nail enough - yellow, smelled horrible, would break off, and might even have oozed a little. Enjoy your lunch fellas!

ETA: I tried all of the over the counter stuff and they never worked. I think the pill was called lamasil. Expensive as hell though.

surrrrrrrrre......it was sand volleyball :wacko:

Yeah, I seem to recall that I had to get liver tests while taking it.

You do.

And, if I recall correctly, this is not an "insurance-covered" medicine as it is considered "cosmetic".

A home remedy that I've read and heard works is using Vick's vapor cream on it for a period of time (a few months). I've seen doctor's acknowledge this form of treatment. A couple times daily. Don't ask me why this might work, but apparently it does...or has on many others anyway.

You do.

And, if I recall correctly, this is not an "insurance-covered" medicine as it is considered "cosmetic".

A home remedy that I've read and heard works is using Vick's vapor cream on it for a period of time (a few months). I've seen doctor's acknowledge this form of treatment. A couple times daily. Don't ask me why this might work, but apparently it does...or has on many others anyway.

It's all coming back to me now. I even want to say that it was over $75 a month too.

It's all coming back to me now. I even want to say that it was over $75 a month too.

Hmmm..

Maybe you ARE better looking than me, but just your toenails. Pretty sure I gotcha on the rest. :wacko:

Edited by Cunning Runt

...caught some weird nail fungus from getting sand in there and not cleaning underneath the nail enough - yellow, smelled horrible, would break off, and might even have oozed a little. Enjoy your lunch fellas!

:wacko:

i don't even want to picture how you knew it smellled horrible.

i've had this for many years. insurance doesn't cover it, i've heard about bad side effects from lamasil and it doesn't bother me so i just live with it. I actually damaged my toenail pretty severely last year snowboarding and when it grew back it mostly went away and is now only on a small portion of the toenail and doesn't seem to be spreading. So you may just want to chug some whiskey and take a hammer to it.

i've had this for many years. insurance doesn't cover it, i've heard about bad side effects from lamasil and it doesn't bother me so i just live with it. I actually damaged my toenail pretty severely last year snowboarding and when it grew back it mostly went away and is now only on a small portion of the toenail and doesn't seem to be spreading. So you may just want to chug some whiskey and take a hammer to it.

Plyers would work better