[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Happening

MikesVikes

My wife and I love M. Night Shyamalan but he wiffed on this movie.

When does it happen? It doesn't. We had five people leave the movie that thought it was a waste of time.

Btw, I didn't see Shyamalan make an appearance in the movie (or I missed it). Dude was probably too embarrassed to show up in this one. :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

+1, only I thought Signs was rubbish too.

I haven't actually seen Signs myself but had some friends say it was good, thats where the maybe came from.

JMHO, but other that Sixth Sense (which was great) and maybe Signs, I've thought most of his movies have crap.

I haven't seen The Happening yet, but this is generally how I feel. I thought Sixth Sense was brilliant, Unbreakable was really good (the ending was too abrupt), and Signs was passable. Everything since has been total and utter crap. I really thought we were looking at the next Speilberg after his first 2 movies, but now I think he's running out of ideas and is a one trick pony.

Edited by TDFFFreak

About 18 months ago, I was asked to finance M. Night's next film. The pitch was that the studio he had been with had totally gutted his last couple of films and he was going back out on his own to do something on par with Sixth Sense. Glad I passed.

About 18 months ago, I was asked to finance M. Night's next film. The pitch was that the studio he had been with had totally gutted his last couple of films and he was going back out on his own to do something on par with Sixth Sense. Glad I passed.

It will probably still make a ton of money.

If you love to see people walking in the park, "freezing", walking backwards, and then finding ways to kill themselves, then you might like this movie. There's plenty of quiet time with no action or sound. Maybe the one thing this movie has is a message but there is no suspense and you don't get to know or like the main characters that much.

Edited by MikesVikes