[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the plan for St Louis?

Pope Flick

I'm actually a little suprised there doesn't seem to be a thread about the floods. I remember back in 1993, the chain of events that we're watching now: Iowa takes the hard initial hit, it drains to the Mississippi and wreaks havoc on its way to New Orleans.

Everyone I've heard interviewed on the radio says thhe state of Iowa now is a whole other ballgame compared to 1993. IIRC, St Louis barely held it's levees, and downtown avoided a hugh loss. If this flood dwarfs 1993, what happens to St Louis in the next week? I ask since it's clearly the biggest city in the path.

St. Louis will be fine. The people that live in the flood plains will be flooded while the majority of the city will be OK. Back in 93 the water was about 20 steps away from being level with the city.

I'm not worried yet but I'm certainly going to keep an eye on the situation.

I think the river is expected to crest about 10 feet below the 1993 level around the St. Louis area. Nothing to see here, carry on.

+1

Edited by twiley