[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What exactly is a salvage title?

I Like Soup

A big problem with these salvage titles is finding an insurance company that will insure it...if you're requesting comp and collision coverage.

Quite aside from the possibility it's a death trap, welded together by two knuckledraggers from Arkansas.

On a vehicle this nice, it must have been a big claim for them to total it out. If it were a $5000 vehicle, probably not that big of a deal. But a car like this must have had some serious damage. I would Carfax it and let us know what the damage was. If it's flood, I'd immediately look elsewhere without giving it a second thought.

I had a salvage title car I bought when I was 16....lasted till I was 22.....Honda Accord. Mine had the rear ripped off....but the frame was good. Guy replaced the rear of the car with other accords from the junk yard...and voila....saved me like 4K. There is a phone number to the guy when you click get sellers phone number...call and ask why the title is salvage.

I pretty much stay away from the salvage title thing since it is largely an unknown. I guess I could call and find out what the damage was. My Mom's budget is around $16K and she is looking for something that has some space. I suggested a Nissan Maxima or Toyota Camry, but she wasn't too thrilled with those cars (go figure, I woulda picked up the Maxima). Her taste is still high but her situation doesn't exactly warrant the kind of car she would like to be in. Therefore, a 3 or 4 year old Lexus ES330 or Audi A6 is where we are at the moment.

I would avoid a salvage title like the plague. A lot of them started showing up after Katrina, all flood damage. Bad news as there is no way to ever get rid of all the mold.

I'm afraid Mom is going to have to leave her champaign tastes for her Miller High Life budget.

I pretty much stay away from the salvage title thing since it is largely an unknown. I guess I could call and find out what the damage was. My Mom's budget is around $16K and she is looking for something that has some space. I suggested a Nissan Maxima or Toyota Camry, but she wasn't too thrilled with those cars (go figure, I woulda picked up the Maxima). Her taste is still high but her situation doesn't exactly warrant the kind of car she would like to be in. Therefore, a 3 or 4 year old Lexus ES330 or Audi A6 is where we are at the moment.

Don't know about space, but how about a Porche in Flagstaff? , BMW Convertible with 63K miles, or a Mercedes SUV?

Craigslist is the bomb, man. Cars between 10 and 17.5 K in Phoenix Craigslist.

Edited by cre8tiff