[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you know anyone unemployed

polksalet

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you've never been told, "Sorry, but you're over-qualified and we know that as soon as a better offer comes along, you'll leave. As such, we can't offer you a job, sorry" ?

Have more people been unemployed because they are over-qualified or under-qualified?

When I was a teenager, I delivered newspapers on my bike, worked in fast food, cut lawns...anything to earn a buck. There are no jobs beneath me. Anyone who can't get a job can't get a job because he isn't looking at those beneath him. I will wipe the mud off my boot on his back while he is starving in the street.

Have you seen the 18 year olds that work there? That's a big field to plow.

I'm just making s hit up as I go today, really slow at work and I am very, very, bored...

Though I could add, I went by one the other day and it seemed to have a latin flare to it, the chica was a little on the rough side but overall not bad.

ETA:

There has got to be a crop dusting joke in there somewhere.

Edited by SEC=UGA

I'm just making s hit up as I go today, really slow at work and I am very, very, bored...

I know the feeling. I'm already in July 4th mode and I can't force myself to work. I even thought about calling it a day and playing golf. But I guess in my mind it's a lot better to be at the office and do nothing than to leave and do something.

No, I've gotten every job I've ever wanted. I'm not applying for some Engineering job without an Engineering degree though.

Why would anyone be unemployed? Pick up a paper on any day of the week and there are jobs available.

If you are constantly getting turned down because you are over-qualified, then you have real issues. For example, I would not hire you because it appears you enjoy calling people dumb who are way smarter than you .

Edited by TimC

I know the feeling. I'm already in July 4th mode and I can't force myself to work. I even thought about calling it a day and playing golf. But I guess in my mind it's a lot better to be at the office and do nothing than to leave and do something.

I'm the same way, I always feel that if I am in town and not at the office on a weekday that I am doing something wrong. Kind of like when I used to skip school, I was always looking over my shoulder.

well, this has been fun, thanks.

It's funny how you don't consider menial jobs as being for "professional adults". And I'm the dummy?

I know several adults that deliver newspapers, pizzas, etc and I admire them for getting out there and busting their butt way more than I do sitting behind my desk everyday.

Edited by TimC

well, this has been fun, thanks.

You can't give up that easily

tell him he is "an arrogant, small peckered, redneck S OB, that hasn't worked a day of his life in the real professional world where a college degree actually means something. Tell him that any pecker wood can get a job shoveling s hit, or tossing news papers, what you're talking about here is a real credentialed job, not skinning squirrels to feed to the residents of some little s hit hole town in the south."

You see Opie, that's how it's done, you've got to have some fight in you.

And Tim, all of the above was to help Opie with his argumentative skills, help him build up some spine.

Edited by SEC=UGA

It's still not beneath me. I have a good friend delivering newspapers to supplement his income. I have no problem at all with that. He hurt his wrist and asked me to help him one Sunday about a year ago. There I am stuffing newspapers in bags at 5:00 AM. Hard as hell work. Way harder physically than anything I do all day.

The point is you aren't over-qualified if you need employment.

You can't give up that easily, tell him he is an arrogant, small peckered, redneck S OB, that hasn't worked a day of his life in the real professional world where a college degree actually means something. Tell him that any pecker wood can get a job shoveling s hit, or tossing news papers, what you're talking about here is a real credentialed job, not skinning squirrels to feed to the residents of some little s hit hole town in the south.

You see Opie, you give up too easily.

And Tim, all of the above was to help Opie with his argumentative skills, help him build up some spine.

Be sure to tell him that not everyone can drive a Vette and look great in a Members Only jacket. :wacko:

Be sure to tell him that not everyone can drive a Vette and look great in a Members Only jacket. :D

So, does the vette help you pull of the Memebers Only jacket or Does the jacket help you pull off the vette ("rich man's Camaro")? :D:D:wacko::D

Edited by SEC=UGA

Not a big fan of the hiring process:

1. closing date on job bid (which could be weeks out from when you actually apply)

2. 2-3 weeks for HR to schedule interviews.

3. 1-2 weeks of interviews

4. 1 week to decide on a top candidate, check references, background check, etc

5. 1 week to negotiate deal or move on to the next candidate in line.

6. 2 weeks to tell the other candidates the position is filled via mail or e-mail.

2 months is a long arse process to be told "no thank you."

I can understand some people being on unemployment for a little while.

Note: in the IT field, it's common for a contract to end with no new employment in place.

Good stuff!

Problem is, I'm just not bored enough at work to actually play with the troll.

Troll? Listen, little newbie, I've been here since you were an itch in yer Daddy's pants, and have never been called a troll. You were wrong. Be a man and stand up and admit it. Don't be like John Elway waiting for a good running back to come along and bail you out.

You are when unemployment pays more than the available job.

Yup. Unemployment is based on your last job's salary. Better to stay on unemployment at a high rate than to get a cheesy job that pays less.

Which leads to lower unemployment benefits when you lose the cheesy job.

Don't do it LordOpie. He'll tell you you're special and then break your heart. :wacko:

Yeah but you get a ride in the Vette...

or can't find a job? I keep hearing all of this bad economic stuff but it seems to be happening in other places..

The economy is fine. Negative rumors are being perpetuated by the Republican propaganda machine in a desperate attempt to hold onto their dwindling political influence. We are definitely on our way to recovery as our 8-year national nightmare is nearing it's end.

Thank you Nancy Pelosi! :wacko:

The economy is fine. Negative rumors are being perpetuated by the Republican propaganda machine in a desperate attempt to hold onto their dwindling political influence. We are definitely on our way to recovery as our 8-year national nightmare is nearing it's end.

Thank you Nancy Pelosi! :wacko:

Dude, you got some drool running down the side of your mouth....... No, not that side, the other side.

Dude, you got some drool running down the side of your mouth....... No, not that side, the other side.

We can really only keep going up from here and the truly independent and open minded Americans have learned a valuable lesson. It will be a long time before someone completely ill-equipped and lacking the competence to be a small town dog catcher will ever lead our nation for one term, let alone two. It will take some time to heal ourselves from the damage inflicted, but we are once again on the road to being as strong, proud, and respected as we were before the last 7.5 year debacle of historic proportions. :wacko::D