[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bored: talk about nonsense

Chief Dick

I like to have a nice lawn. So I use chemicals on my lawn. I also cut my grass with a normal lawnmower, and I know they are terrible pollutants.

So is it possible to be sensitive to the environment yet still do these things knowing they are bad. My thought process is that if I let my lawn go, it will start to look bad, and consequently my property values will start to fall, especially if others in the neighborhood would do the same thing.

I figure I need to protect my investment, because when I retire I will sell this place and use proceeds for a better retirement.

It might be politically correct and may make one feel good to buy a car like a Prius ... but when you do the math you are better off buying a Corolla - it would take 12 years to recover the difference in the sticker price between the Prius and the Corolla (according to the special my wife watched).

Interesting point. I've started to do this alot when buying products at this point. And I do this everyday when selling HVAC equipment to people. Everyone always asks about the high efficiency equipment, but when you take the cost differences and figure out the normal life span of said equipment, in most cases you will never pay off the difference.

It would be wiser, ISMHO, to invest that cost difference over a 15 year term. This has cost me a lot of money over the last couple of years because I end up talking people out of more expensive stuff. My belief is that if I treat them fair, my referral base will grow.

Edited by Chief Dick

Plastic bags that go into the land fill and never break down are "environment friendly"? I once saw some guy in charge of a land fill interviewed on television ... he said them damn bags are all over the place.

More rambling thoughts ...

Do celebrities who go on television and plead for our charitable donations ever donate money to the cause they are pimping or do they consider their time donation enough?

It might be politically correct and may make one feel good to buy a car like a Prius ... but when you do the math you are better off buying a Corolla - it would take 12 years to recover the difference in the sticker price between the Prius and the Corolla (according to the special my wife watched).

I think the biggest issue with those bag is the litter issue and the fact they don't biodegrade. I imagine if you are buying a Prius to save gas money that's a ver valid point. If you are buyinga Prius because youhate bin laden and the arab devils, not so much.

My wife goes to the store and buys a box of plastic garbage bags, which are promptly packed in plastic grocery bags for transport. She then comes home and puts a plastic garbage bag in the the trash can, and then inserts the plastic grocery bags in there as trash...or something like that. In any event, I think we've lost our way on that one.

:wacko:

Albertsons, WalMart and Tom Thumb in Dallas all have recycle boxes for 'em.

I have an occurance that happens almost every morning that I ponder. I get up about 20 minutes before I get into the shower. Usually the last thing I do before I immediately get into the shower is drop a duece. The thing I find interesting is that I wash my hands in the sink upon completion before I step into the shower. One might think why wash your hands in the sink when you are instantly getting into the shower ?

I was my hands before I take a leak but not after.

I like to have a nice lawn. So I use chemicals on my lawn. I also cut my grass with a normal lawnmower, and I know they are terrible pollutants.

So is it possible to be sensitive to the environment yet still do these things knowing they are bad. My thought process is that if I let my lawn go, it will start to look bad, and consequently my property values will start to fall, especially if others in the neighborhood would do the same thing.

I figure I need to protect my investment, because when I retire I will sell this place and use proceeds for a better retirement.

It's better to think about it than to not. I try and think about the environmental impact of everything I do but if I turn the planet into a boiling cauldrin because I am compelled to leave the water running while I brush my teeth, then screw the rest of you.

We try and use native onrnamentals to cut down on water and disease issues that seems require the use of <less> chemicals. I use my electric weedeater to mow my front yard but that's becasue my wife has randomly placed flower beds that prevent a lawnmower from being worth the effort. I used to bitch before we had kids that there was no where to play football in the front yard. Her response to that was two daughters.

Edit --> Anybody besides me and my shipmate Soup looking forward to CSU? Starts Thursday I believe.

Edited by Clubfoothead

And sheik, listen to Caress Of Steel. A whole album side called The Fountain Of Lamneth. Going back even further, the first album(if you can get past the shabby lyrics) is some killer rock and roll. No Peart on drums though. If you want to stay with the newer stuff(not so new anymore), YYZ off of the same LP as Tom Sawyer is an awesome tune that showcases all three's musical talents.

I've heard Caress of Steel hundreds of times, but not for over 15 years now. I owned every album (on vinyl. . .damn I'm old) from the first album to Power Windows, which is when I finally got off the bandwagon. Playing YYZ on Guitar Hero II brings me back to junior high school big time. Of course, in school I was trying to get the drum part down perfect.

One of the drawbacks of buying a Corolla is that TimC will make fun of you mercilessly for it. Apparently it's ragingly uncool to get 37 mpg and be able to get 15 bags of groceries home in one trip.

And after 3 years, I still can't figure out how to quote multiple posts in a response. . . :wacko:

sure sure, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe... glad y'all know them. He also played with Yes and King Crimson (any crimson fans?)

But I really think his best work is his solo projects.

ABWH is Yes, as far as I'm concerned. For some reason, I've seen Yes like 4-5 times live, and I've only seen Bruford with them once (the Union tour). Alan White seemed to always be on the tours I saw.

By the way, listening to Yes or ABWH is totally gay, and you're a homo.

More rambling ...

The building I work in has automatically flushing urinals ... the comodes though are not automatic.

So there is this one guy in my building that refuses to use a urinal. Instead he goes into a stall and urinates into the comode, inevitably pissing on the seat as he does so. Not only does he not flush the toilet but he doesn't wash his hands either.

I think there is only one proportinal response in this instance. Drop a duece in the urinal and make sure you get a little on the rim.

ABWH is Yes, as far as I'm concerned. For some reason, I've seen Yes like 4-5 times live, and I've only seen Bruford with them once (the Union tour). Alan White seemed to always be on the tours I saw.

By the way, listening to

ABWH is totally gay, and you're a homo.

I think he is a good poster. Especially his fishing stories

And after 3 years, I still can't figure out how to quote multiple posts in a response. . . :wacko:

Don't feel bad. I've been here since Marty was coach of the Chiefs and I still can't figure it out.

Hit the "+ QUOTE:" button of each quote you want to use, then hit "+Add Reply" (or "more options" if you have quick reply on). All quotes should show up then you can add your responses.

Nobody? :wacko:

Check this out:

Minimize all applications so you're looking at the desktop background.

Right click on the background (not an icon) and choose Properties. This should open the "Disply Properties" window.

Click on the "Settings" tab.

Check out the Screen Resolution slider. Bare minimum should be 1024x768 or something... and you probably want higher numbers. Slide it up to 1024x768 or higher. The higher the number you use.. the more stuff that will fit on the screen (but the smaller it will appear to be).

If you can't slide it any higher than 800x600, then your graphics card driver is probably not installed correctly, and you need to start different troubleshooting.

Check this out:

Minimize all applications so you're looking at the desktop background.

Right click on the background (not an icon) and choose Properties. This should open the "Disply Properties" window.

Click on the "Settings" tab.

Check out the Screen Resolution slider. Bare minimum should be 1024x768 or something... and you probably want higher numbers. Slide it up to 1024x768 or higher. The higher the number you use.. the more stuff that will fit on the screen (but the smaller it will appear to be).

If you can't slide it any higher than 800x600, then your graphics card driver is probably not installed correctly, and you need to start different troubleshooting.

:wacko:

You could just let the lawn go to hell until the year before you're ready to sell - it doesn't take THAT long to whip grass into shape.

. I used to bitch before we had kids that there was no where to play football in the front yard. Her response to that was two daughters.

Girls can play football too.

I'm thinking that I don't drive enough to care about the price of gas. My round-trip commute is about 12 miles, and I care about the price of gas. :wacko:

Chicken Nuggets from McDonalds are really, really awful. True dat.

When they ask at the grocery store if you want paper or plastic, is it better to kill a tree or refine some oil? Or should I use cloth bags? Use cloth bags. I keep forgetting to buy them, as they have them on available on the way out of my grocery store after checkout. :D But they do recycle the plastic bags here.

When someone does a documentary about saving the earth, do they factor in the amount of electricity, fuel, and other resources when they shoot that documentary? Probably not.

Who was a better drummer: John Bonham or Neal Peart? Keith Moon,

I don't really care about fantasy football anymore. I'm getting there too.

My wife rolls her eyes when I harp on her about turning off lights and such, but my electric bill last month was $45. I win. $45 ain't chit.

My dog is really pissed today. She hates fireworks. As we speak she is hunkered under my desk. Maybe I forgot to mention I put bacon strips on my nuts. My last dog hated fireworks and hid under the bed shaking the whole time. These two little bastages I have now don't seem to even notice them. :D

Girls can play football too.

I went to high school with a pair of girls that played football. Didn't care for them twins. We were playing soccer in gym and I had a break-away or whatever it's called in soccer and I was about to try and kick a goal when one of them tackled me from behind. My response was deemed inappropriate.

They want to play at the park with Dad, fine, but I'm not so sure if I had a son I would want him to play organized football at the high school level, either.

I went to high school with a pair of girls that played football. Didn't care for them twins. We were playing soccer in gym and I had a break-away or whatever it's called in soccer and I was about to try and kick a goal when one of them tackled me from behind. My response was deemed inappropriate.

Cooter punch?

They want to play at the park with Dad, fine, but I'm not so sure if I had a son I would want him to play organized football at the high school level, either.

it was just a sign of affection