[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Work From Home

Timmypg

Every now and then I get bored and decide I really want a job. I am certified to do taxes (I try to do peoples every year but Turbo Tax makes it so easy people don't need a tax guy) and I have an associates degree in accounting. My problem is that I need something I can do from home. I didn't think ahead as even though I'm a numbers guy accounting isn't really a work at home profession. The point of this post is to see if anyone has any ideas n where I can look for work? It also helps to just b!tch & moan a bit.

TIA

Every now and then I get bored and decide I really want a job. I am certified to do taxes (I try to do peoples every year but Turbo Tax makes it so easy people don't need a tax guy) and I have an associates degree in accounting. My problem is that I need something I can do from home. I didn't think ahead as even though I'm a numbers guy accounting isn't really a work at home profession. The point of this post is to see if anyone has any ideas n where I can look for work? It also helps to just b!tch & moan a bit.

TIA

My sister is an accountant and does taxes part time from home. It's mostly small businesses in her area and they bring their stuff to her.

There are many companies that allow you to process medical claims/records/medical charts from home.

Though you are a CPA, I could envision a scenario where your analytical nature and training could be construed as a positive quality in filling these type of detail-oriented positons.

TIA

Hey since you aren't working, can you take my conquer club turns for me the week of August 3rd? :wacko:

There are many companies that allow you to process medical claims/records/medical charts from home.

Though you are a CPA, I could envision a scenario where your analytical nature and training could be construed as a positive quality in filling these type of detail-oriented positons.

I'm not a CPA. Besides, my brother did medical records and that was more of a computer savvy job then a numbers job.

I don't see a reason why you can't work at home as an accountant. I'm an accountant (I work for a CPA) and work a fair amount from home. Once we get our office moved and equipment upgraded I plan to work 3-4 days from home. I know there are other CPAs in my area that do this also so you might want to contact some places to see if this is something that they would be willing to do.

I don't see a reason why you can't work at home as an accountant. I'm an accountant (I work for a CPA) and work a fair amount from home. Once we get our office moved and equipment upgraded I plan to work 3-4 days from home. I know there are other CPAs in my area that do this also so you might want to contact some places to see if this is something that they would be willing to do.

That sounds like your best bet. I'm sure - especially during tax season - some CPAs would farm out a portion of their load to someone who works from home.

I've mailed my resume & letters to a few local accounting firms but I never got any responses.

Do you know anyone currently working in public accounting? They may be able to help you find places that are hiring even if their company isn't currently hiring. That's basically how I got my job. Around here it seems like a lot of jobs never get posted because somebody within the firm always has a friend or former co-worker who is looking for a new position.

Also, another route you could look at is bookkeeping for a couple of small businesses. I know quite a few bookkeepers that work from home and all they do is accounting for a couple of small businesses. The tough part is to find the work, but once you get a client or two you can hopefully pick up referrals from them provided you do good work.

I've mailed my resume & letters to a few local accounting firms but I never got any responses.

Are you willing to do marketing or any kind of sales? If you were inclined to work for commission I could tell you a number of of opprotunities.

Do you know anyone currently working in public accounting? They may be able to help you find places that are hiring even if their company isn't currently hiring. That's basically how I got my job. Around here it seems like a lot of jobs never get posted because somebody within the firm always has a friend or former co-worker who is looking for a new position.

Also, another route you could look at is bookkeeping for a couple of small businesses. I know quite a few bookkeepers that work from home and all they do is accounting for a couple of small businesses. The tough part is to find the work, but once you get a client or two you can hopefully pick up referrals from them provided you do good work.

I don't know anyone in accounting so it's hard getting my foot in the door.