[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do I record a phone conversation?

Savage Beatings

If I want to call someone and record the conversation, what kind of technology should I use that is not too expensive?

Secondly, since I am just an average Joe representing nobody else but myself, can I legally record any conversation that I have, or do I need to disclose that information to the person on the other end of the line?

If I want to call someone and record the conversation, what kind of technology should I use that is not too expensive?

Secondly, since I am just an average Joe representing nobody else but myself, can I legally record any conversation that I have, or do I need to disclose that information to the person on the other end of the line?

Ask Linda Tripp...she never disclosed it....nothing happened to her! I would guess it depends on what the purpose was.

Not sure how accurate these are, but here are a few sites I found on the net. Looks like it basically boils down – 1) what state the call originates from and; 2) in what state is the destination of the call.

http://www.pimall.com/nais/n.recordlaw.html

http://www.callcorder.com/phone-recording-law-america.htm

I'm in Minnesota. One party consent for business related calls. This would be business related.

Now I just need to find a not too expensive but reliable technology to use. Anyone have any experience / recommendations?

I'm in Minnesota. One party consent for business related calls. This would be business related.

Now I just need to find a not too expensive but reliable technology to use. Anyone have any experience / recommendations?

You're a self hating Vikings fan... It was YOU who taped the calls with Favre...

I discovered I was able to do it using my Treo by dialing the call, putting it on speaker and then launching the record movie feature. It picked up all audio.

I looked into this, and in California you have to tell the other party they're being recorded and they have to acknowledge it, or I would be breaking a state law.

I think it would depend on your state. I know in GA, you don't have to disclose to the other party. Which I think was Linda Tripp's issue as well for the idiot above.

Did you just call me an idiot....and does your dad know you are using his computer?

:wacko:

it depends on the state and the cheapest way is to just record it on your PC...all you need is a mic if you dont have one($10ish I think) and this free software(and it works because I needed to record a business call before too): http://www.xemico.com/anr/

Cheapest way is to get a Telephone Recording Jack

Cost ranges from $20 - $30 for the jack.

It plugs into most any recording device, i.e. dictaphone, microcassette recorder, etc.

They come in handy when dealing with customer service reps who don't do what they say they will do.

:wacko:

This may void the warranty of the phone.