[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shockey to the pro bowl

Front Row

Pro Bowl in 09?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming he stays healthy.

• Yes !
    • No !
    • No way he stays healthy all season.
    • puddy

Ok ; out of the 6 yrs. he spent in NY he went 4 times. I am curious what the board thinks his chances are in NO.

I think he could be reborn there with the surrounding talent they have and a new atmosphere . Could be an even better player than he has been in the past IMO.

Shockey has talent...no one questions that. He's Pro Bowl player just by stepping on the field.

The issue with him has been his health and his head. If both are in check, he is a perennial Pro Bowler.

Edited by The Wolf

Since the poll says "assuming he stays healthy", it's a yes for me. I think he outproduces Cooley this year. Cooley also has a new offense to learn and likely won't be featured as much in a west coast attack.

Tight Ends are used heavily in West Coast attacks... He also happens to be the teams best pass catcher, and the team isn't going to go away from the best player on passing routes. He'll still get all the redzone looks as well. Jason Campbell loves Chris Cooley, that's one of the few things we know for sure about that offense.

Tight Ends are used heavily in West Coast attacks... He also happens to be the teams best pass catcher, and the team isn't going to go away from the best player on passing routes. He'll still get all the redzone looks as well. Jason Campbell loves Chris Cooley, that's one of the few things we know for sure about that offense.

If this is true, I will have to re-consider my position on Cooley a bit. I've read on many sites that the TE isn't featured as heavily in a West Coast offense though, and many sites are also saying that they expect a small drop-off in Cooley's production. There's definitely no arguing that there are more receiving options for the Redskins this year (even though rookie WRs and TEs can often take a while to develop). I'm also trying to think of the last West Coast offense TE to post big numbers and I'm coming up blank. Tampa Bay certainly haven't had anyone worth drafting as a TE1 in recent years, and Jerramy Stevens' success in Seattle was marginal at best. Donald Lee had a good season last year and Bubba Franks was okay for a few years before that, but again, nothing special for a TE in Green Bay's modified West Coast attack either.

Edited by CMac83

If this is true, I will have to re-consider my position on Cooley a bit. I've read on many sites that the TE isn't featured as heavily in a West Coast offense though, and many sites are also saying that they expect a small drop-off in Cooley's production. There's definitely no arguing that there are more receiving options for the Redskins this year (even though rookie WRs and TEs can often take a while to develop). I'm also trying to think of the last West Coast offense TE to post big numbers and I'm coming up blank. Tampa Bay certainly haven't had anyone worth drafting as a TE1 in recent years, and Jerramy Stevens' success in Seattle was marginal at best. Donald Lee had a good season last year and Bubba Franks was okay for a few years before that, but again, nothing special for a TE in Green Bay's modified West Coast attack either.

Philly runs a WCO and LJ Smith has put up decent numbers when healthy.

If this is true, I will have to re-consider my position on Cooley a bit. I've read on many sites that the TE isn't featured as heavily in a West Coast offense though, and many sites are also saying that they expect a small drop-off in Cooley's production.

That's just incorrect :wacko:

Sharpe in DEN

Chumra & K. Jackson in GB

LJ in Philly (when healthy)

49ers TEs in the 80s

Edited by Zooty

Witten destroys him in every aspect of the game, so now I have to choose Shockey or the field which includes Cooley?

I vote Puddy, with a strong inclination towards NO.