[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rod Smith retiring

Randall

Former Broncos wide receiver Rod Smith finally has decided to retire, according to ESPN's Bill Williamson.

No one expected him back at age 38 after several serious hip procedures. Smith finishes as arguably the greatest undrafted receiver ever, although he's unlikely to get in the Hall of Fame. He was a three-time Pro Bowler and caught 849 passes in 12 seasons, good for first in Broncos' team history.

He was always class player in my opinion.

Hats off to Rod Smith and best of luck in the future.

Everytime I had him on my team he was a "under the radar" guy and a surprisingly steady contributer.

If he wants, I hope he gets to stay in football coaching or in personnel. :wacko:

After getting burned on a Portis jersey that I can never wear anymore... I decided to get the jersey of a Bronco who was a star player who never screwed the team over and who I could wear proudly for years to come even if they retired.

I got an 80 jersey, and I made the right choice.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Please don't lump in Lelie with Rod Smith. Rod and Easy Ed were a great tamdem in their day.

Bigtime..Easy Ed had tremendous heart. I remember seeing a play where I believe he broke his leg yet still held onto the ball.

Bigtime..Easy Ed had tremendous heart. I remember seeing a play where I believe he broke his leg yet still held onto the ball.

I remember a play where his head came clean off, and his body just tossed the ball to the ref ran over to his head, put it back on and made it back to the huddle.

I remember a play where his head came clean off, and his body just tossed the ball to the ref ran over to his head, put it back on and made it back to the huddle.

and so began the Head Mccaffrey era

and so began the Head Mccaffrey era

ba-dum-dum!

:wacko: Well done, Rod! You did yourself proud by gracing the field with class, determination, and elegance. More players should follow the mold you cast.

Little wonder why you accompanied Brandon Marshall to meet with Commissioner Goodell this week.

Former Broncos wide receiver Rod Smith finally has decided to retire, according to ESPN's Bill Williamson.

No one expected him back at age 38 after several serious hip procedures. Smith finishes as arguably the greatest undrafted receiver ever, although he's unlikely to get in the Hall of Fame. He was a three-time Pro Bowler and caught 849 passes in 12 seasons, good for first in Broncos' team history.

He was always class player in my opinion.

unlikely to get into the Hall?? :wacko:

man that seems a little harsh. myself and many others have considered him one of the greats...(or am i way off here?). i've brought this up many times before, but i'll never forget Rod Smith playing Thanksgiving day with TWO sprained ankles, and catching a touchdown. :D