[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So-so draft at best for the Huddle

Hipster Doofus

Had it been a PPR league, it would've been a much more attractive draft.

Agreed. With a little more attention, it could have been a solid team. If you go through and really look at it, some of the players taken after some huddle picks would have been more attractive imho. That's the danger of a pre-draft list.

Edited by Hipster Doofus

what does Pre-Drafting have to to with anything? You can pre-draft 18 rounds out or you can do it right before its your pick....just because a draft is pre-drafted does not make it bad...especially in drafts that dont have trading

what does Pre-Drafting have to to with anything? You can pre-draft 18 rounds out or you can do it right before its your pick....just because a draft is pre-drafted does not make it bad...especially in drafts that dont have trading

I'm not saying a draft is deemed bad by pre-drafting...for a few rounds. But 17 out of 18 rounds!? I really can't believe that the 17 rds that were pre-drafted were done right before it was the huddle's turn.

My point is I would think that in a league against other fantasy sites, the huddle isn't just, 'mailing it in', so-to-speak. I'm hoping that's not the case.

Who from the huddle made these picks? They're not even consistent with the Huddle top 200. Reggie Bush isn't anywhere near to the top 15, Stewart is ranked ahead of McFadden, etc.

The Bush pick is maybe the most puzzling to me. I could possibly see taking R. Bush at 2.01 (14th overall) if this was a ppr league...or if I had already had a RB on the roster, but whoever picked for the huddle had taken R. Wayne with pick 1.14.

obviously some of you have no idea what pre-drafting means when using MFL. It has nothing to do with them letting the "system" draft for them. It simply means when it gets close to their turn they can pre-enter 2-3 players in the order they like them and the system takes the top one on their list. This way they don't have to sit by their computer every minute of the day waiting for their turn to come up. And in turn, they don't make the next person wait for them to show up. It's simply a way to keep the draft moving. They still are picking the players of their choosing...not mailing it in. :wacko:

Detlef....there are at least 5-6 writers for the huddle I believe. DMD does the player rankings. If another Huddle staff member other then DMD is doing this particular draft...it doesn't mean that person is locked into using DMD's rankings.

I hope this helps. :D

Edited by BillyBalata

I completely understand what it means to pre-draft at MFL. I never said that the huddle drafter let the system draft for them. My concern was with some of the picks that were made were iffy at best. I was wondering if whoever was picking might have pre-drafted more than, "2-3" players ahead of the actual pick.

To be honest, I am not familiar with that league and it just hit me as having an agenda the way that post was done.

I would have to check which writer did that draft, not sure off the top of my head.

Here are a couple of my expert leaugues so far

http://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=37297&O=17 (draft last 6 rounds late August)

http://football41.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=73290&O=17 (best ball league)

I am currently doing one called K-FAD on RT Sports but not sure how to link to it.

SOFA will also be kicking off in a few weeks where I will defend my auction league title. Far as I am concerned, SOFA is the best expert league.

When I started a thread a week or so ago asking how the huddle was doing in the FFWemasters draft, my post was removed with no explanation.

I think I see why now. The huddle will do well to make the playoffs with the team it drafted via the 'pre-draft list'.

http://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=18298&O=17

Thanks for the sentiment.

For one, I cry tears of joy when anyone used preselects instead of make the draft go so painfully, excruciatingly slow. As someone who is attentive in many expert leagues every year, I get pretty tired of seeing some people let it sit for hours and hours and hours. Just a professional courtesy IMO. Doesn't matter if it enter is pushed or it is a preselect. It is just a question of how prepared drafters are coming in and how courteous they are to fellow drafters.

Since the drafter was going 14th in a league of 14, I too would have made the Wayne pick at the 1.14. Bush would not have been my personal pick but we don't mandate our writers to strictly use our cheatsheets. Heck, there are reasons why I would deviate from my own rankings same as everyone of you would. Drafting 14th, he needed to take some risks and the next two picks of Welker and McFadden was fine. Picking that late, I am guessing he went for high upside guys which Bush and McFadden are.

Glancing over the teams, I do not see any team that great or bad. I guess I just don't understand what the point in coming here to throw rocks at one of the expert leagues we were in was for? Is there some other team you want to point out as being better or is this just to say we were bad?

Thanks for the sentiment.

For one, I cry tears of joy when anyone used preselects instead of make the draft go so painfully, excruciatingly slow. As someone who is attentive in many expert leagues every year, I get pretty tired of seeing some people let it sit for hours and hours and hours. Just a professional courtesy IMO. Doesn't matter if it enter is pushed or it is a preselect. It is just a question of how prepared drafters are coming in and how courteous they are to fellow drafters.

Since the drafter was going 14th in a league of 14, I too would have made the Wayne pick at the 1.14. Bush would not have been my personal pick but we don't mandate our writers to strictly use our cheatsheets. Heck, there are reasons why I would deviate from my own rankings same as everyone of you would. Drafting 14th, he needed to take some risks and the next two picks of Welker and McFadden was fine. Picking that late, I am guessing he went for high upside guys which Bush and McFadden are.

Glancing over the teams, I do not see any team that great or bad. I guess I just don't understand what the point in coming here to throw rocks at one of the expert leagues we were in was for? Is there some other team you want to point out as being better or is this just to say we were bad?

No DMD. I wasn't wanting to 'throw rocks" at one of the expert leagues the huddles is in. As I had stated before, I had asked a question in another post how we (the huddle) were doing in the FFWebmasters draft. I had heard the huddle was involved and was interesed to know how it was going. That post was removed/deleted with no explanation. I then went to the, site and forum support and asked why said thread was removed...with no reply after a number of days.

Did I come here to point out that one team was better or, "just to say you were bad", no that was not my intent. After finding the draft and looking over it I thought all the pre-drafting along with some of the picks were odd. And since I've been a subscriber here for a couple of years I thought I would ask about it.

I guess if my original had been answered and someone from the site could have explained how the draft was going, all the following posts would not have been necessary.

To be honest, I am not familiar with that league and it just hit me as having an agenda the way that post was done.

I would have to check which writer did that draft, not sure off the top of my head.

Here are a couple of my expert leaugues so far

http://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=37297&O=17 (draft last 6 rounds late August)

http://football41.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=73290&O=17 (best ball league)

I am currently doing one called K-FAD on RT Sports but not sure how to link to it.

SOFA will also be kicking off in a few weeks where I will defend my auction league title. Far as I am concerned, SOFA is the best expert league.

There is no agenda DMD. Just a curious huddle subscriber asking about and commenting on, one of its drafts.

Edited by Hipster Doofus