[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doubleheaders

jayg920

I am the commish of a 12 team league with 3 divisons. We play 13 regular season games with 3 weeks of playoffs. Last year the way the schedule broke down each team played divsion teams twice and non divison teams once except for one team. I would like to schedule a doubleheader in week 1 to avoid not playing one team. Does a doubleheader in week 1 sound appropriate or would another week work better? Any other options? We would like to keep the league format structure the same.

Week 13 would the be best slot and teams are more settled and there is a bigger chance of making a playoff chase there.

Agreed. That's how we've done it in my local. It keeps more teams interested late into the season.

we've always done it in Week 2 before the bye weeks start. The reasoning for that is that if you go 0-2 it's still early and easier to recover than going 0-2. If someone goes 0-2 in weeks 11, 12 or 13 it could kill their playoff hopes. that would suck if you missed the playoffs because of a double header in week 13. It's much more palatable to do it early on.

I'd like to hear about why it's better to do it later...so if it makes sense I can work on getting the guys to switch.