[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

suv shopping cont.....

dmarc117

Offer them 15K for it brand new. Those things are not selling right now.

no kidding.....i walked into the toyota dealership, said i wanted a 4runner and was treated like a king. the mothership must be giving some major perks for dealers that sell suv's. only problem is there arent that many out there. they have slowed the manufacturing down as well.

4runner vs pathfinder.......thoughts

tia

Owned a 1990 Pathfinder, and drove it until I traded it in for a minivan for the family ( :wacko: ).

165,000 miles, and other than oil changes and tire rotations, never put a dime into it. It was the best vehicle I ever owned, by far.

Strap the baby to the hood. Why do you hate America, commie?

Until 2005, most Pathfinders were built in Japan, but the new Pathfinder isn't built in Japan, or even look likely to go on sale there. Instead, it is built in the USA at Smyrna, Tennessee

:wacko:

Until 2005, most Pathfinders were built in Japan, but the new Pathfinder isn't built in Japan, or even look likely to go on sale there. Instead, it is built in the USA at Smyrna, Tennessee

:wacko:

So it's a piece of sh it now? I'd buy the car built in Japan, they're smaller people and can get closer to the work they are doing.

no kidding.....i walked into the toyota dealership, said i wanted a 4runner and was treated like a king. the mothership must be giving some major perks for dealers that sell suv's. only problem is there arent that many out there. they have slowed the manufacturing down as well.

buy one a year or two old and you will get a ridiculous deal. high supply (due to people trading in) versus low demand...goldmine for the buyer.

buy one a year or two old and you will get a ridiculous deal. high supply (due to people trading in) versus low demand...goldmine for the buyer.

if it were up to me i would scoop an 07 or an 08 demo. but i dont drive it and the boss wants new. :wacko:

if it were up to me i would scoop an 07 or an 08 demo. but i dont drive it and the boss wants new. :wacko:

I have an idea, it involves a rabid fox...

Could someone translate this to Japanese for me? :wacko:

DETROIT (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co Ltd said on Wednesday that it would offer buyouts of up to $125,000 to workers at two plants in Tennessee to cut costs as the company reduces truck production in response to a sales slump.

The program is being offered to technicians and salaried workers at its vehicle assembly plant in Smyrna and a powertrain assembly plant in Decherd and will span three years, Nissan said in a statement.

Nissan has 5,500 hourly and salaried employees at the Smyrna plant, where it is eliminating night shift truck production effective August 11. The company has about 1,100 hourly and salaried employees at the Decherd plant.

Nissan did not say how many workers it wanted to eliminate through buyouts. It also offered a buyout program in 2007.

"The marketplace is changing and Nissan's North American manufacturing operations must change with it to remain competitive," said Bill Krueger, senior vice president for manufacturing, purchasing, supply chain management and total customer satisfaction in the Americas.

Nissan is providing lump sum payments of $100,000 to $125,000 depending on length of service, plus medical and car purchase benefits to workers who take buyouts in fiscal 2008. Employees have until September 12 to accept a buyout in 2008.

Benefits will be reduced for buyouts in the fiscal years 2009 and 2010, it said.

In another statement, Nissan said, "We let Americans think they are contributing to us, but we keep all money in Japan to one day enslave you filthy Americans".

The buyout plan does not affect workers at Nissan's manufacturing plant in Canton, Mississippi, it said. Nissan earlier said it would reduce truck production and increase production of the Altima sedan in Canton in response to the shift in consumer demand toward cars.

Edited by TimC

Could someone translate this to Japanese for me? :wacko:

会社が販売の暴落に応じてトラックの生産を減らすように削減されたコストにテネシー州の2つの植物で労働者に$125,000までの買占めを提供するとデトロイト(Reuters) -日産のCo株式会社水曜日に言った。

プログラムはSmyrnaの車の組み立て工場およびDecherdのpowertrainの組み立て工場の技術者そして給与所得者に提供されて、3年に及ぶ、日産は声明で言った。

日産に夜勤のトラックの生産有効な8月11.日を除去しているSmyrnaの植物でおよびサラリー従業員が一時間毎5,500ある。 会社にDecherdの植物でおよびサラリー従業員が一時間毎約1,100ある。

日産は何人労働者を買占めによって除去したいと思ったか言わなかった。 それはまた2007年に買占めプログラムを提供した。

" 市場は変わって、日産の北アメリカの製造作業はそれと競争にの"残るために変わらなければならない; アメリカ大陸の購入していたり、サプライチェーンマネージメントおよび総顧客満足製造業のための言われたビルKrueger、上席副社長。

日産は会計2008年に買占めを取る労働者に医学および車の購入利点とサービスの長さによって$100,000から$125,000の一括払いを、提供している。 従業員は2008年に買占めを受け入れる9月12日まで持っている。

利点は会計年度以内に買占めのために2009年減り、2010年のそれは言った。

別の声明では、日産は言った、" 私達は私達にアメリカ人が貢献しているそれらを考えることを許可するが、1日に日本で奴隷にするためにすべてのお金を不潔なAmericans"保つ;。

買占めの計画はカントンの日産の製造工場で労働者に影響を与えないと、ミシシッピーの言った。 日産は先に言ったトラックの生産を減らし、消費者需要の転位に応じて車の方にカントンのAltimaのセダンの生産を高めることを。