[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4x100 swimming relay

Azazello1313

It was unreal!! Even the commentators were saying that France had it and the US should come away with the Silver. Az, you say Lezak closed in the last 50m but when watching it the first time it seemed like he closed within the last 10m. The excitement built up so greatly with each leg. The US with Phelps starting, were slightly behind and then we took the lead on the 2nd leg, in the 3rd leg with our worst swimmer among the 4, not only did the US lose the lead but they fell behind by about half a length and when it seemed like the US would only get the Silver, Lezak, the anchor leg, came out of nowhere like a freight train, made up ground and squeezed out the win by .08 seconds over France's best swimmer who not only had a sizeable lead, but also talked the most garbage and had his individual WR broken by one of his other teammates in an earlier leg during the race.

Phelps' reaction was classic! :wacko::D

The look on the French swimmers' faces said it all. They were in utter disbelief.

Edited by irish

yay for west coast tape delay! i saw this thread and thought i missed the race.

but, uh, Me likey the way he moves a bit too much! is up with NBC clearly saying this was "LIVE" in the upper corner when it obviously wasn't?

yay for west coast tape delay! i saw this thread and thought i missed the race.

but, uh, Me likey the way he moves a bit too much! is up with NBC clearly saying this was "LIVE" in the upper corner when it obviously wasn't?

Yup. I'm in NorCal. Definitely a delay from what everyone else saw. The interviews just now finished here.

That was awesome. I jumped off the couch and started screaming when they won it.

My wife, however, said that she felt bad for the French and asked, "Do the French have any other medals?" I immediately responded with "I don't know, I didn't scroll that far down."

Then she said, "Well, I'm not sure that the Olympics are that important to the French. The Tour de France is probably a lot more important to them." To which I responded, "Well, they don't win that either."

Awesome...one of the best races I've ever seen. Smashing the loud-mouthed French just makes it even better. How the hell can anything in France ever talk smack? That last 10-20 metres was unbelievable. Wow. :wacko::D

Nothing better than beating the French under any circumstances, but even better when you're the underdog and they're talking trash. That was absolutely awesome. :wacko:

Where's Sacrebleu with some lame excuse about how the Americans cheated?

My wife, however, said that she felt bad for the French and asked, "Do the French have any other medals?" I immediately responded with "I don't know, I didn't scroll that far down."

Then she said, "Well, I'm not sure that the Olympics are that important to the French. The Tour de France is probably a lot more important to them." To which I responded, "Well, they don't win that either."

That's funny. :wacko:

It was unreal!! Even the commentators were saying that France had it and the US should come away with the Silver. Az, you say Lezak closed in the last 50m but when watching it the first time it seemed like he closed within the last 10m. The excitement built up so greatly with each leg. The US with Phelps starting, were slightly behind and then we took the lead on the 2nd leg, in the 3rd leg with our worst swimmer among the 4, not only did the US lose the lead but they fell behind by about half a length and when it seemed like the US would only get the Silver, Lezak, the anchor leg, came out of nowhere like a freight train, made up ground and squeezed out the win by .08 seconds over France's best swimmer who not only had a sizeable lead, but also talked the most garbage and had his individual WR broken by one of his other teammates in an earlier leg during the race.

Phelps' reaction was classic! :wacko::D

The look on the French swimmers' faces said it all. They were in utter disbelief.

I thought you were banned? DMD re-instate you?

It was unreal. I was yelling at the TV, woke my wife up, she came out like W TF?

I will have to also say this was quite a significant win on a number of levels:

Phelps can now go for 8 golds

We beat the perceived best team in the world

5 teams broke the world record

And this once and for all should put to rest the long held stereotype that black people can't swim. the healing can now begin.

And this once and for all should put to rest the long held stereotype that black people can't swim. the healing can now begin.

:wacko: I dunno man, he was definitely the weak link on the team.

and what is with all the world records? seems like every event obliterates the old WR. I think I've seen most of the events, and the oldest standing WR I've seen is ian thorpe in the 400m free, which I think he set in 2000 or '04. why are swimmers these days so much faster than in the past?