[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Henry

hooknladder

I think the signing says more about the Bengals lack of confidence in their other receivers besides TJ and CJ. Personally, I think this is a dark day for Marvin Lewis. It's obvious he didn't want Chris Henry back on this football team. If the Bengals struggle again this year I would not be surprised to see Marvin quit after the season is over.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the signing says more about the Bengals lack of confidence in their other receivers besides TJ and CJ. Personally, I think this is a dark day for Marvin Lewis. It's obvious he didn't want Chris Henry back on this football team. If the Bengals struggle again this year I would not be surprised to see Marvin quit after the season is over.

That would be a shame. Marvin worked hard there but the Bengals job is a tough one.

That would be a shame. Marvin worked hard there but the Bengals job is a tough one.

I am sure he worked hard, but let's face it...he came in as a defensive whiz and the Bengals' D has been a sieve. He lasted a lot longer than I thought he would have, IMO.

I agree with Stanky in that this is probably Lewis' last year. Shows how much pull he has in the organization when they sign the player he's been adamantly opposed to signing...

He'll probably be fired, rather than walk away.

I am sure he worked hard, but let's face it...he came in as a defensive whiz and the Bengals' D has been a sieve. He lasted a lot longer than I thought he would have, IMO.

I agree with Stanky in that this is probably Lewis' last year. Shows how much pull he has in the organization when they sign the player he's been adamantly opposed to signing...

Who selects the players? The Bengals don't seem a lot better than the Raiders when it comes to being dysfunctional.

They need a WR to play in practice and the rest of the preseason with Housh and Chad out then the signing makes perfect sense while those 2 get ready for the opener Carson and the rest of the team still need players to play with in practice and the this week's preseason game where the starters usually play into the 3rd Q. With Henry there he knows the offense and will give them someone to practice and play with while Housh and Chad heal up. I think in no way does the reflect that the "chad" injury is more severe then 1st reported. It might be but I don't see why it would be based on Henry coming back.

They need a WR to play in practice and the rest of the preseason with Housh and Chad out then the signing makes perfect sense while those 2 get ready for the opener Carson and the rest of the team still need players to play with in practice and the this week's preseason game where the starters usually play into the 3rd Q. With Henry there he knows the offense and will give them someone to practice and play with while Housh and Chad heal up. I think in no way does the reflect that the "chad" injury is more severe then 1st reported. It might be but I don't see why it would be based on Henry coming back.

Though both the official and unofficial word on Bengals receiver Chad Johnson is that he’ll be ready to go when the regular season opens on September 7, we’re hearing that the team fears that Johnson won’t be making a quick return from the shoulder subluxation he suffered on Sunday night.

We’re also hearing that the team’s about-face on receiver Chris Henry arises directly from concerns regarding Johnson’s status.

Due to a four-game suspension, Henry won’t be able to help until Week Five, when the Bengals travel to Dallas. So if Henry has been re-acquired because of Johnson’s injury, it means that the thing could be a lot worse than advertised.

-from Florio (FWIW)

Firing Marvin would go against Mike Brown's employment history. The bottom line is that Marvin only has 1 losing season in his tenure (granted, 3 seasons at 8-8). The 3 coaches before him (Shula, Coslet & Lebeau) had 0 combined winning seasons in 11 years. Mike Brown is very cheap. He isn't going to fire a coach. That would mean he would still have to pay them. I think a resignation from Marvin is far more likely. It's sad, I think Marvin is a heck of a football coach, but you can't keep undermining the supposed figure head.

Who selects the players? The Bengals don't seem a lot better than the Raiders when it comes to being dysfunctional.

As the owner, Mike Brown has the final say in all football opperations. Mike Brown also acts as the GM which is a total joke. We also have the smallest scouting department in the NFL. I guess that's better than no scouts at all, which is what we were dealing with as short as 5 years ago.

If I sound bitter, damn right I'm bitter :wacko:

:wacko: