[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Henry

hooknladder

BENGALS WON’T BRING BACK HENRY

Posted by Mike Florio on July 22, 2008, 2:23 p.m. EDT

Despite a recent claim by receiver Chris Henry’s agent that a reunion with the Cincinnati Bengals is possible, coach Marvin Lewis said on Tuesday that the team has zero interest in bringing Henry back.

“It’s not productive for our football team,” Lewis said, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com. “You have to be a productive part to be a NFL player. There is a responsibility to be a NFL player. It’s a privilege, not a right.”

Team president Mike Brown echoed the head coach’s words. “We don’t want that kind of behavior,” Brown said. “We’re trying to be more concientous of guys we bring in. We’re trying to go forward with guys who are relaible and guys who are not only good players, but good citizens.”

Um . . . Jason Shirley?

Anyway, at least the Bengals are talking tough. Whether their actions match their

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the latest:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals are considering re-signing free agent WR Chris Henry.

Schefter cautioned that the Bengals could shy away again if early word causes the public to sound off on the possible signing. Coach Marvin Lewis had previously ruled out the possibility of signing Henry, so he may have recently come to the realization that team's other No. 3 options are inadequate. Henry is suspended for the first four games of the season.

Here's the latest:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals are considering re-signing free agent WR Chris Henry.

Schefter cautioned that the Bengals could shy away again if early word causes the public to sound off on the possible signing. Coach Marvin Lewis had previously ruled out the possibility of signing Henry, so he may have recently come to the realization that team's other No. 3 options are inadequate. Henry is suspended for the first four games of the season.

thats why i posted. i heard that on the network last night, but the article said his agent was flapping his lips on Tuesday, and i was unsure of the timeline. maybe they won't sign him because he's always in trouble, but he's so talented someone else will just pick him up anyways. :wacko:

thats why i posted. i heard that on the network last night, but the article said his agent was flapping his lips on Tuesday, and i was unsure of the timeline. maybe they won't sign him because he's always in trouble, but he's so talented someone else will just pick him up anyways. :wacko:

okay well the exact quotes that you referenced in Lewis seem to be the old ones he said weeks ago, so I thought I provided an update, that and what you posted was around the time he said it, weeks ago in late July. Who knows really what is going on there.

Edited by Hat Trick

The Eagles should be all over signing him. He'd give an immediate boost to a glaring weakness on an otherwise quality team.

Any chance of that happening walked out the door with Terrell Owens. Different situations for sure, but I have to believe that the Eagles do not want to voluntarily bring a head case on board.

okay well the exact quotes that you referenced in Lewis seem to be the old ones he said weeks ago, so I thought I provided an update, that and what you posted was around the time he said it, weeks ago in late July. Who knows really what is going on there.

of coarse, you're right. i did'nt even notice the date. not sure why it was in todays updates...-must be because of the report on NFLN last night. the article goes on to say this:

But now, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Bengals are considering bringing him back.

The problem apparently is that the Bengals aren’t happy with the performance of rookies Jerome Simpson, a second-round pick, and Andre Caldwell, a third-rounder.

Henry has been suspended for the first four games of the 2008 season, but is permitted to sign and practice with any team.

There’s no denying Henry’s talent. But he has been nothing but trouble for most of his

.....not sure what's going on here, and i am sorry to add to the confusion. :wacko:

Think you realize it now, but what you posted was from a couple weeks back. Schefter reported last night.

I think they ought to give it a shot with TJ an impending FA and the rookies not close to being ready. Personally I don't even see why Henry is suspended 4 games (yet you see Marshawn Lynch and a hit & run running free)

Edited by cory_n_az

What's your explanation for why they went after Randy Moss during the offseason then?

?

Ummm, because they realized they needed to upgrade at WR. You know, since they chased that troublemaker TO off to a division rival.

Just for the record, trying to acquire Moss does not mean they're in the market for a head case nor is it evidence they're in the market for a former #3 WR with multiple arrests and suspensions.

Edited by kingfish247

Here's the latest:

That's a pretty convenient way to get to have both sides of the story be right.

If it happens "I told you so"

If it doesn't happen, "I told you it might not happen"

See how smart I am.

Can I go on TV tonight and say "Favre is considering retiring after this year......but he might not".

Henry WON'T be resigned by the Bengals. They spent two high draft picks on WRs. It takes time for WRs to develop. They have a TE and an healthy Chris Perry, at least for now.

Edited by Bengal Mania

Any chance of that happening walked out the door with Terrell Owens. Different situations for sure, but I have to believe that the Eagles do not want to voluntarily bring a head case on board.

Just go in assuming he'll be arrested again in a month. Structure the contract so he owes the team money when that happens. Kind of like hiring a temp.

Think you realize it now, but what you posted was from a couple weeks back. Schefter reported last night.

I think they ought to give it a shot with TJ an impending FA and the rookies not close to being ready. Personally I don't even see why Henry is suspended 4 games (yet you see Marshawn Lynch and a hit & run running free)

uhmm..... yeah, newbie tool, that came out today in regards to what Henry's agent said TUESDAY.

That's a pretty convenient way to get to have both sides of the story be right.

If it happens "I told you so"

If it doesn't happen, "I told you it might not happen"

See how smart I am.

Can I go on TV tonight and say "Favre is considering retiring after this year......but he might not".

Henry WON'T be resigned by the Bengals. They spent two high draft picks on WRs. It takes time for WRs to develop. They have a TE and an healthy Chris Perry, at least for now.

Utecht looked pretty good against GB. There's only so many throws to go around. With Johnson, Housh, Utecht, and whatever RB is out there, the third WR won't get that many balls thrown his way.

Man the Seahawks could really use that guy. You know, with the success that the Seahawks and Eagles have had with bringing in exclusively good guys (both teams have done reasonably well in recent history), it seems that a good number of other teams are kind of leaning that same direction. I think the time is nearing where guys like Henry are going to find themselves without any takers, regardless of talent. The elite (Pacman) will always be able to find SOME home, but guys that are just "good" are going to find themselves on the outside, wishing they had done things differently in their past.