[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Henry

hooknladder

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this signing raises the question of just how serious CJ's shoulder injury is :wacko: It's seems possible there's more to the CJ injury than initially reported :thinking

These rumors were going on way before Chad Johnson's shoulder injury. Chris Henry is suspended for the first month of the season anyways, so it just doesn't make sense to me.

:wacko: big surprise :D

I'm not following you on this one. My point is that the rumors are that Chris Henry is signing because Chad Johnson won't be ready for week one. The reason it doesn't make sense is because Chris Henry is out until week 5. Chad Johnson's injury is supposed to keep him out 1-3 weeks, so he'd still be on the field well before Chris Henry's suspension is up.

I'm not following you on this one. My point is that the rumors are that Chris Henry is signing because Chad Johnson won't be ready for week one. The reason it doesn't make sense is because Chris Henry is out until week 5. Chad Johnson's injury is supposed to keep him out 1-3 weeks, so he'd still be on the field well before Chris Henry's suspension is up.

If you read my post, I said the injury may be more severe than they are letting on, which might lead one to believe Cincy could be planning on being without Johnson for a much more significant amount of time, which could be the impetus for securing the services of Chris Henry. Remember less than a month ago, Lewis and the management said they had zero plans of bringing him back. I guess the timing is just coincidence :D I personally will be hesitant to draft CJ until I see him participate fully in practice :wacko:

If you read my post, I said the injury may be more severe than they are letting on, which might lead one to believe Cincy could be planning on being without Johnson for a much more significant amount of time, which could be the impetus for securing the services of Chris Henry. Remember less than a month ago, Lewis and the management said they had zero plans of bringing him back. I guess the timing is just coincidence :D I personally will be hesitant to draft CJ until I see him participate fully in practice :wacko:

I did read your post, and I've also read that the MRI came back negative. He had a shoulder subulaxation, which is an injury that a receiver can play through. I don't recall the management ever saying they wouldn't bring Henry back, I thought that was just Lewis. Do you have any link for that?

I did read your post, and I've also read that the MRI came back negative. He had a shoulder subulaxation, which is an injury that a receiver can play through. I don't recall the management ever saying they wouldn't bring Henry back, I thought that was just Lewis. Do you have any link for that?

I guess I consider Mike Brown management :wacko:http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6887

Seperation - subluxation :D CJ said himself that the shoulder popped out and then back in. That is called a dislocation and is a much tougher injury to predict a return from. :wacko:

Seperation - subluxation :D CJ said himself that the shoulder popped out and then back in. That is called a dislocation and is a much tougher injury to predict a return from. :D

A subulaxation is a partial dislocation. It also matters that it popped out temporarily, then went right back in. As anyone who's ever done something like this and they'll tell you a full dislocation and a partial one are very different things. He has no rotator cuff injury to speak of, just a partial dislocation.

:wacko:

Edited by piratesownninjas

Bengals re-signed suspended WR Chris Henry to a one-year contract, pending he passes a physical Tuesday.

Rotoworlds take: "Henry is eligible to play in Week 5. Profootballtalk.com suggests the move is an indication that Chad Johnson may not be 100% early in the year. That's a situation to monitor. When Henry joins the active roster, he'll mostly threaten TE Ben Utecht's targets in the slot. The Bengals are admitting desperation here, but Henry can be an exceptional player on the field". Aug. 18 - 10:06 pm et

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Me no likey.

Seperation - subluxation :D CJ said himself that the shoulder popped out and then back in. That is called a dislocation and is a much tougher injury to predict a return from. :D

CJ also said that he could beat Phelps in a swimming race. You believe everything a momo like CJ says? :wacko:

From Bengals.com:

A signing indicates that Chad Johnson's sprained shoulder is serious enough that they look to be preparing for the possibility that Johnson could be sidelined for several weeks. Although Johnson insisted Monday night he'll be back for the opener.

But that's not the only injury that has clouded the receiver picture in the last 48 hours. There is also rookie receiver Andre Caldwell's sprained foot and T.J. Houshmandzadeh's hamstring. He's 50-50 at best to play in his first preseason game Saturday night against the Saints, and the Bengals could be forced to sign a receiver in addition to Henry.

Still speculation, but still nothing encouraging.

A subulaxation is a partial dislocation. It also matters that it popped out temporarily, then went right back in. As anyone who's ever done something like this and they'll tell you a full dislocation and a partial one are very different things. He has no rotator cuff injury to speak of, just a partial dislocation.

:D

From the Bengals site this morning :wacko:http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6963

What does that jibberish mean? I don't claim to be cool, but it's obvious from your usual input I know quite a bit more about the NFL than you :wacko:

I bow down to thee oh great one. I dont know what I was thinking. You know more than everyone. Hey, I hav an idea. Why dont you go start your own FF site, and leave this one forever! You'd make a lot more friends that way!!

Man, I wish I knew as much as you, oh holy great one!