[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SJax - Still a Top 5 Back?

splotchman

Tell you what Brent, I'll take your bet as you have offered it.

$25. My only requirement is that the winner has to spend it on beer.

Frankly, I don't care if you want to just virtual shake on this or find a proxy. Whatever suits you.

As for the injury thing, I assume that we're actually talking injured here, not just showing up on Bellcheat's injury report.

Oh, and if I may use the urinal that is BB once again. Big, big difference between putting an injury restriction on a bet between two players and one between a player and the rest of the league. (Which is exactly the difference between your initial bet and the one he was offering up). In your case, either SJax or Maroney or both could get injured. In other words, there was just as much chance of either of you losing the bet due to injury with your bet but he was really the only one that could lose his bet that way. Every stud back in the league plus Maroney could blow out their knees and he still wouldn't finish top 10 because somebody would have been there to tote the rock.

You are on - if Maroney misses more than one game, only then will it count as injured. So if he misses week 17 with some bogus injury that won't count as missed game for injury. If I do lose, I'd rather give my money to someone I respect anyways. We will also be using the scoring I indicated in my last post to BB, including PPR.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know maybe 1 out of every ten times I see a post of yours in one of these threads, I decide to bother clicking "read this post". I'm then quickly reminded why I really shouldn't bother.

That you read this "as objectively as possible" and came to the conclusion that I never bring facts just shows that you're incapable or any sort of logical thought or reason. Then again, that unfortunate truth was doubted by few around here.

I'll give you this. I am pompous. I've never claimed otherwise.

Let's talk about something up your alley. If I'm braising beef, and I'm I'm serving it with a veal demi, is a pinotage out of the question?

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315 :wacko::D:D:D:D

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Dammit! I do all the hard work getting Brent all defensive & pissed off enough to want to make a sucker bet & freakin' detlef sneaks in at the last second and steals the steak off of my plate?

:D

Right, now it was all just a ploy to get me to bet :wacko: You've already shown your female cleansing ways and it's archived forever so all can see. Your weasley a$$ will probably go back and edit all of your posts so your true colors can remain hidden.

Anyways, consider my bet with detlef as you saving $25 because Maroney WILL be a top 10 RB by season's end.

Dammit! I do all the hard work getting Brent all defensive & pissed off enough to want to make a sucker bet & freakin' detlef sneaks in at the last second and steals the steak off of my plate?

Well he did bet me a few years ago that Favre was retiring. :wacko: He likes to bet.

If anybody cares about the original topic of this thread....

I had Sjax fall to me at 1.11 in a local last night. Sounds like a few people got scared off by the holdout and injury concerns and after some knuckleheads took Brady / Manning in the 1st, I lucked out.

As far as the side topic....I'm not as optimistic about Maroney as Brent, but there really isn't much need for all the chest thumping BB. Anybody playing FF is "betting" on their take of a players value. They ARE putting their money where there mouth is. You don't have to agree but don't berate someone for sharing their opinion. I really don't know any of you but BB comes off like gigantic tool from reading the last few pages.

Right, now it was all just a ploy to get me to bet :wacko: You've already shown your female cleansing ways and it's archived forever so all can see. Your weasley a$$ will probably go back and edit all of your posts so your true colors can remain hidden.

Anyways, consider my bet with detlef as you saving $25 because Maroney WILL be a top 10 RB by season's end.

Bold talk for a guy who's going to be $25 poorer because of his poor judgment. You let your ego paint yourself right into a corner, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

You got used, son. Learn to use a little more discretion and a little less balls next time.

Edited by Bronco Billy

If anybody cares about the original topic of this thread.... :wacko:

I had Sjax fall to me at 1.11 in a local last night. Sounds like a few people got scared off by the holdout and injury concerns and after some knuckleheads took Brady / Manning in the 1st, I lucked out.

As far as the side topic....I'm not as optimistic about Maroney as Brent, but there really isn't much need for all the chest thumping BB. Anybody playing FF is "betting" on their take of a players value. They ARE putting their money where there mouth is. You don't have to agree but don't berate someone for sharing their opinion. I really don't know any of you but BB comes off like gigantic tool from reading the last few pages.

I have him in a dynasty where we get 1.5 PPR, but may trade him. I just traded him in one league for T Jones, S Smith and an 09 draft pick.

I have him in a dynasty where we get 1.5 PPR, but may trade him. I just traded him in one league for T Jones, S Smith and an 09 draft pick.

Wow, that trade you just got for him is nice. I would seriously sell high on the kid. I just don't have any faith in that team right now. They already lost an O-lineman for the year. Pace is dinged up again, and they're super, super thin otherwise there. Looks like Bulger's gonna be spending a lot of time on his back again this year and it all starts right there.

Let's talk about something up your alley. If I'm braising beef, and I'm I'm serving it with a veal demi, is a pinotage out of the question?

I'm not understanding the point being made with the links to Detlef's discussions about wine...

Edited by piratesownninjas

I'm not understanding the point being made with the links to Detlef's discussions about wine...

The point is that it doesn't involve you, so walk away and forget it :wacko: If we continue to ignore one another it will save us both some grief. You have no interest in the content I post, so put me on ignore and forget I'm here :D

So why then are you questioning what I posted :D Put me on ignore, my posts are weak and uninformative :wacko:

I was really just wondering why you were always linking to threads about wine. Believe it or not I'm not trying to get into one of these little trash talking matches. If you want to be on my ignore list you'd have to do way more. You're no Polksalot or uglytuna.

Well, if you must know, I wouldn't use pinotage as anti-freeze. So, yes, I would say it's out of the question. Now, be a dear and resume your Huddle do-boy duties and go find us an article or two.

I must admit, despite the fact that you bring about zero insight to any discussion here, I've found it quite convenient having a an errand boy around. Could you fetch me a cold beer while you're at it?

Edited by detlef

Well, if you must know, I wouldn't use pinotage as anti-freeze. So, yes, I would say it's out of the question. Now, be a dear and resume your Huddle do-boy duties and go find us an article or two.

I must admit, despite the fact that you bring about zero insight to any discussion here, I've found it quite convenient having a an errand boy around. Could you fetch me a cold beer while you're at it?

You don't want beer. You want a flirtini you fancy boy. Have a fig why don't you :wacko:http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2561810