[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No beer make Atomic something something

AtomicCEO

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406921,00.html

Report: Americans Fatter in 37 States

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

The waistlines of Americans continued to expand in 37 states over the past year, with no state seeing a decrease in obesity rates, according to a report released Tuesday.

More than 25 percent of adults are obese in 28 states, an increase from 19 states last year, Trust for America’s Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation reported in their fifth annual obesity survey. More than 20 percent of adults are obese — 30 pounds or more overweight — in every state except Colorado.

Nine of the Top 10 fattest states are in the south. Mississippi leads the pack with an adult obesity rate of 31.7 percent, according to the report, which is a follow-up analysis of the annual Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Our analysis shows that we’re not treating the obesity epidemic with the urgency it deserves,” said Jeff Levi, executive director of TFAH, in a news release. “Even though communities have started taking action, considering the scope of the problem, the country’s response has been severely limited. For significant change to happen, combating obesity must become a national priority.”

Mississippi is followed by West Virginia with a 30.6 percent obesity rate, Alabama with 30.1 percent, Louisiana with 29.5 percent and South Carolina with 29.2 percent. Michigan, which comes in at No. 10, is the only state to crack the Top 10 that is not in the South.

Colorado has the lowest adult obesity rate at 18.4 percent. Hawaii had the second-lowest rate at 20.7 percent, followed by Connecticut at 20.8, Massachusetts at 20.9, and Vermont at 21.1.

Obesity rates have steadily climbed over the past 28 years. In 1980, the national average of obese adults was 15 percent, according to the report. And, in 1991, no state had an obesity rate above 20 percent. Now, an estimated two-thirds of American adults are overweight or obese, and an estimated 23 million children are either overweight or obese, the report said.

Diseases associated with obesity, like type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, are also on the rise. Rates of type 2 diabetes increased in 26 states last year.

Click here to read the whole report.

States With the Highest Obesity Rates

1. Mississippi

2. West Virginia

3. Alabama

4. Louisiana

5. South Carolina

6. Tennessee

7. Kentucky

8. Oklahoma

9. Arkansas

10. Michigan

States With the Lowest Rates

1. Colorado

2. Hawaii

3. Connecticut

4. Massachusetts

5. Vermont

6. Rhode Island

7. Montana

8. Utah

9. D.C.

10. New Jersey

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Here's my advice:

Drink as much as you want. Exercise if you feel like. Eat whatever you want. Every now and then, touch yourself inappropriately.

Wow... I've been on the Untateve Diet for a while now and didn't even realize it. :wacko:

Personally I don't think this is good advice, at least not for me as I like to drink a twelve pack while on the course.

Sometimes about 12 of us hit the links together and 2 of them do that.

The trick is to be in the first group while they are in the 3rd.

After a six pack, they think it's funny to start teeing up at us and after 12 or so, the pace is pathetic.

They can barely hit the ball much less towards the hole.

So this morning I stepped on a scale, and I had dropped another 2 lbs in one day.

My new theory is that I have a tapeworm.

back in april, i caught this superflu going around my kid's preschool and lost 9 pounds in one weekend. so far i have kept it off, plus a few more. my advice: go lick everything at your kid's school. a few days later, when you're making out with the porcelain princess and flushing away those unwanted pounds and precious hydrating fluids, say a little blessing in my name and that will be thanks enough.

back in april, i caught this superflu going around my kid's preschool and lost 9 pounds in one weekend. so far i have kept it off, plus a few more. my advice: go lick everything at your kid's school. a few days later, when you're making out with the porcelain princess and flushing away those unwanted pounds and precious hydrating fluids, say a little blessing in my name and that will be thanks enough.

That's not funny, pumpkin.

Sometimes about 12 of us hit the links together and 2 of them do that.

The trick is to be in the first group while they are in the 3rd.

After a six pack, they think it's funny to start teeing up at us and after 12 or so, the pace is pathetic.

They can barely hit the ball much less towards the hole.

The guys I golf with get better as they get a little aimin' oil in them. :wacko: Until the tequila comes out after the turn anyway....