[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Family Cell Plans

Jimmy Neutron

Whatcha got - why is it good or bad?

Looking to move my wife and daughter from T-Mobile and add a line for my son. We'll definitely do unlimited texts, not sure how many minutes to get. Don't want to break the bank with the monthly plan, or with overage charges.

TIA

I have four lines with Verizon. I have Verizon most because it works the best in the areas that I need to be. My house is nearly a dead zone and my work places are most bomb shelters. Those four lines and 1400 shared minutes, (we never touch the minute limit), is @ about 130.00 with a 22% discount that I get. We have unlimited text, long distance,call waiting, call forwarding and all the other normal stuff btw.

I know that we get get cheaper plans but I have had TMobile, ATT, Crickette, and Nextel. None of them perform for me the way the Verizon dose.

(Side note. Why the hell can't the cell phone compaines reject restricted phone calls if you want them to?)

I have the same thing as Skippy does but have 5 lines.

I'd have more but they won't let me.

Only time we went above the 1400 minutes was 1 time by 5 minutes when one of my sons got a girlfriend and he rang up 700 minutes by his lonesome.

Have had At&T , Cingulair, t-mobile.....none give me the coverage Verizon does.

My phone is run through a business plan on verizon, but it is set up almost like a family plan. We have about a dozen or so lines. One line has a hugh number of minutes and each of the other lines is on a basic plan for a minimum number of minutes but they all blend together for a total minutes thing. I am not directly involved so I don't know all of the details, but basically another vote for Verizon.

3 lines with Verizon, unlimited data plan for my phone, unlimited text for my kid (14yo), 2100 shared minutes. Typically end up around 2000 minutes, but only because I use it for business all the time. $250 or so a month. My kid is good about the minute usage, but sent 8k-10k text messages a month during the summer. I did the math, he sends or receives one every 3 minutes while awake. I dont think he showers anymore.

Got a new customer in Canada and they rape and pillage you for "international" calls, so lately it's been $300+ a month.

Oh yeah, insurance on the kids phone cost $5, well worth it with a teenager, have had to use it 3 times or so. $50 copay I take out of his a$$ is all.

unlimited text is around $10, I think.

I've used AT&T / Cingular for years. I've heard that Verizon does have better coverage....in fact, I've seen it when 35 miles of the NW coast of WA when I had no signal and my brother-in-law had full strength.

I don't know if verizon has a similar deal, but one of the things I like about my current plan is that the number of minutes in your plan only relate to calls made to or from outside the network. So, any call made to or received from someone else using AT&T do not count against my monthly limit. So happened that most of my family / friends were using AT&T so I never saw enough reason to change. We don't have a very large plan ....maybe 600 / minutes a month shared, but every month minutes roll over to the next. They expire at some point, but right now I have thousands of rollover minutes.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

I've used AT&T / Cingular for years. I've heard that Verizon does have better coverage....in fact, I've seen it when 35 miles of the NW coast of WA when I had no signal and my brother-in-law had full strength.

I don't know if verizon has a similar deal, but one of the things I like about my current plan is that the number of minutes in your plan only relate to calls made to or from outside the network. So, any call made to or received from someone else using AT&T do not count against my monthly limit. So happened that most of my family / friends were using AT&T so I never saw enough reason to change. We don't have a very large plan ....maybe 600 / minutes a month shared, but every month minutes roll over to the next. They expire at some point, but right now I have thousands of rollover minutes.

Verizon is the same. Just about all plans have unlimited "IN" network minutes. As my wife and her family and my parents are on Verizon, only time I rack up minutes is if I call our home number, call my parents home number or call a friend not on Verizon (but those conversations are usually quite short)

Another vote here for Verizon. My wife and I are on a plan together for about $75/mo (includes an extra charge for pic/text messaging). Reception and service have been great!! :wacko:

Went to my 4th Verizon store today - previous 3 offered terrible service.

Tried one more time tonight and had one hawt sales woman. Serious :bounce: :bounce: hanging out. They were real - her fake flirty laugh made 'em jiggle just so. :D Still, I walked away. She was not offering any good deals on phones, even with a 2-year contract.

I'll have to go back later and check 'em out again -the phones, that is :wacko: