[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yankees miss the playoffs for the first time since 1993

AtomicCEO

Yeah, as a Braves fan who is still upset over 1996, I'm loving it. There probably won't be another team for a while that matches the Braves' 14 straight. One thing to keep in mind though - the Yanks are far better than the Mets, Phillies, Brewers, and the Dodgers. They are, in my view, one of the 8 or so best teams in baseball, they just had the misfortune of playing in the best division baseball has seen in probably a decade plus. Were a balanced schedule in place, I have no doubt that all four AL east teams would have 92+ wins from beating up the pathetic AL west and the bottom half of the Central. Hell, if Cabrera and Cano simply repeat last year's performance instead of, say, sucking out loud as they did, the Yanks win the division and have a good case for being the best team in all the land.

Edited by cbs0121

far better then the phils?

i hope your kidding

No, I'm not. The Yankees had a mere 3 wins less than the Phillies, despite playing in the toughest division in baseball. Put the Yankees in the AL West and they probably win the wild card by beating up on the A's, Rangers, and Mariners. Hell, let them play in a division with the Braves, Marlins, Nats, and Mets and they would probably be close to 100 wins. Like I said, if Cano or Cabrera merely repeat their seasons from last year, the Yanks are in the playoffs. Those guys, however, fell off a cliff, and the margin for error in their division was nonexistent. I'm not saying the Phillies are a bad team, I think they're the 2nd best team in the NL, but the NL is very weak.

:wacko::D

Good times. Good times.

So...let's get this straight. The BoSux have won 2 of the past 4 Series, yet you still feel "second-class citizen" enough to feel good about the Yankees' streak coming to a close?

Wow...guess nothing has changed after all, huh? Thanks for giving me the ammo I needed, steerage passenger!

:D:D

Good times...good times.

So...let's get this straight. The BoSux have won 2 of the past 4 Series, yet you still feel "second-class citizen" enough to feel good about the Yankees' streak coming to a close?

Wow...guess nothing has changed after all, huh? Thanks for giving me the ammo I needed, steerage passenger!

:D:wacko:

Good times...good times.

You're saying that after 3 years of dominance, I should stop riding Yankee fans? Because I seem to remember getting it from Yankee fans who had 70 years of dominance. I guess I should hold myself to higher standards... but not right now. :D

• 4 weeks later...
One thing to keep in mind though - the Yanks are far better than the Mets, Phillies, Brewers, and the Dodgers.

The Yankees would also have to be better than the Rays, since the Phils are tatooing them.

In a best of 7, I think Philly would be lucky to get 2 games. Both started by Cole at home.

:wacko:

I'm not saying the Phillies are a bad team, I think they're the 2nd best team in the NL, but the NL is very weak.

Gee, who's the best in the NL? The Cubs? :D

still think the yanks could beat the phils?

:D

No, I'm not. The Yankees had a mere 3 wins less than the Phillies, despite playing in the toughest division in baseball. Put the Yankees in the AL West and they probably win the wild card by beating up on the A's, Rangers, and Mariners. Hell, let them play in a division with the Braves, Marlins, Nats, and Mets and they would probably be close to 100 wins. Like I said, if Cano or Cabrera merely repeat their seasons from last year, the Yanks are in the playoffs. Those guys, however, fell off a cliff, and the margin for error in their division was nonexistent. I'm not saying the Phillies are a bad team, I think they're the 2nd best team in the NL, but the NL is very weak.

you do realize just how dumb a statement that is, dont ya? I mean come on that is why they play the games...you can't bank on anyone repeating what they did the previous year, good or bad....i mean even hall of famers have up and down years...sure they have more up then down but you surely arent calling those two HOFs...or are you :oldrolleyes:

Edited by keggerz