[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chat Room for the debate anyone?

wiegie

I heard the first ten minutes of the debate on the radio on the way home, but missed the rest.

How did it go / is it going?

Meh. Both were weak on their plan to fix the economy or if they support the $700B bailout.

McCain appeared to have a better command of foreign affairs, but Obama scored some points too. Overall I'd give a slight edge to McCain, but it wasn't enough to significantly change the momentum of the race. You could count that as a loss for McCain because this was his best shot at really dominating Obama - he just didn't do it.

I heard the first ten minutes of the debate on the radio on the way home, but missed the rest.

How did it go / is it going?

Like watching grass grow...

I hate watching them attack each other, rather than giving us answers to the questions raised.

I wish Blitz would just run. It would solve all our problems. A nuke here and nuke there..

Let me guess, the Republicans feel that McCain is wiping the floor with Obama, while the Democrats feel that Obama is dominating this thing.........:wacko:

I thought hussein sounded better, delivery. I thought McCain made some better, more direct points.

If I was a n00b and knew nothing, I would probably give the edge to n0bama.

Overall it was not very good.

Kissinger Unhappy About Obama

Henry Kissinger believes Barack Obama misstated his views on diplomacy with US adversaries and is not happy about being mischaracterized. He says: “Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain. We do not agree on everything, but we do agree that any negotiations with Iran must be geared to reality.”

I don't think Obama misstated anything. McCain jumped all over Obama and stated Kissinger never said the president elect should be the first to open up negotiations, and it should be at the Secretary level. Obama interupted him twice and said "of course". He was agreeing. Obama was originally trying to make the statement that Kissinger feels were should be talking to Iran at some level, and this current administration is refusing to talk to the enemy.

Where they disagreed is that McCain felt there should be pre conditions. I'm really not sure what pre conditions are, but I'd think it would be hard to set pre conditions with a county leader who really doesn't care to talk and negotiate with you in the first place.

"In another Obama advantage in the CBS poll, far more said their image of him had improved as a result of the debate than said it had worsened. More also said their view of McCain had gotten better rather than worse, but by a modest margin."

So, it looks like neither candidate is as terrible as the ads would have people expect. That's nice.

I don't think Obama misstated anything. McCain jumped all over Obama and stated Kissinger never said the president elect should be the first to open up negotiations, and it should be at the Secretary level. Obama interupted him twice and said "of course". He was agreeing. Obama was originally trying to make the statement that Kissinger feels were should be talking to Iran at some level, and this current administration is refusing to talk to the enemy.

Where they disagreed is that McCain felt there should be pre conditions. I'm really not sure what pre conditions are, but I'd think it would be hard to set pre conditions with a county leader who really doesn't care to talk and negotiate with you in the first place.

Kissinger did release an email to the press immediately after the debate affriming what McCain said.