[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Couple mentions about TBS' color guys...

darin3

I'm extra-impressed with TBS' MLB playoff coverage so far... especially two of their color guys: Buck Martinez and Harold Reynolds.

I loved Reynolds when he was on ESPN. Not sure why they let him go. His voice is kinda squirrely but his analysis is pretty darn good.

And man, Buck Martinez was awesome last night. That guy knows baseball. I won't say I'm any kind of baseball expert, but do know quite a bit... and his analysis - especially about pitching - was nothing short of awesome.

I watch very little baseball, despite having fantasy baseball teams. I'll watch Cubs games when I can... but once the post-season comes, I'll watch whatever's on.

Who's watching post-season baseball? Comments?

I believe Reynolds was fired from ESPN for sexual harassment of some kind. It was somewhat contraversial at the time (at least until the reason for his termination came out), just because he was thought to be doing a pretty good job with his baseball analysis there, too.

very bad break up between Reynolds and Espn

met Reynolds twice and he is a good guy ..smart guy

last time i saw him was during all star weekend and apparently he prevailed in that harassment lawsuit

They settled out of court, with details not disclosed.

i know guys who have worked around him, he was an out of control dawg with the interns who had been put on notice more than once. The settlement was probably a meeting in the middle of the 5mil he wanted so all sides could avoid further publicity.

He's great on TV, but not so much in person, especially if you have a vag...

i know guys who have worked around him, he was an out of control dawg with the interns who had been put on notice more than once. The settlement was probably a meeting in the middle of the 5mil he wanted so all sides could avoid further publicity.

That's unfortunate, as he and Kruk were great together on BBTN.

+1. However, Stockton's doing the Dodger's series and he's BAD. Mistakes left and right.

Yeah that guy has no business doing baseball. He's a basketball guy... he's just one of TBS's "big guns" so I guess they feel they have to use him. :wacko:

Dude loves chasin' tail. :D

if people knew what their favorite athletes, coaches, etc were doin after hours they would be shocked

wow- an ex athlete still chasin tail - care.

Chit Warren Moon is in his mid 40's and still the biggest player in Seattle

bottom line is he is great on tv- and ESPN hasn't come close to replacing him - I like Buck Martinez as well

Dirt Stockton is terrible - he is awful doin hoops, and even worse calling baseball.

Dirt Stockton is terrible - he is awful doin hoops, and even worse calling baseball.

Wow, really? How old are you? For me, Stockton's voice brings back awesome memories of Lakers vs. Celtics on CBS Sports in the 80's. He's still pretty good, IMO. :wacko:

Wow, really? How old are you? For me, Stockton's voice brings back awesome memories of Lakers vs. Celtics on CBS Sports in the 80's. He's still pretty good, IMO. :wacko:

I know what you're saying and I agree to an extent. I think personal preference when it comes to color guys has a lot to do with who you're familiar with. A good example would be the combination of Madden and Summerall... they were allowed to do football games together LONG after they were any good at actually calling the games accurately. But, because they still had fairly decent ratings (I think due to the familiarity factor), they were allowed to continue.

Stockton is from that same era... old-school guy who we are used to hearing do NBA playoff games. I think the same thing when I hear his voice... Lakers/Celtics battles from the 80's. But, by today's standards, he's probably not considered to be one of the best... he uses a lot of old lingo that is different from what you hear on ESPN from a lot of the younger guys. So, I guess I could see where maybe people who aren't used to him wouldn't appreciate his style all that much.

Another example for me would be Herb Carneal, who did Twins baseball on the radio for 50+ years. If you never heard his games before, you might think his broadcasts were a little dry, maybe even boring. But, for those who were used to listening to him on the radio over the years, he was absolutely one of the best.

his best days are behind IMO - I agree he WAS solid, I just think alot of these guys end up doin it for too long.

and he is horrible on baseball- but I am with ya on his work back in the day

Yeah that guy has no business doing baseball. He's a basketball guy... he's just one of TBS's "big guns" so I guess they feel they have to use him. :wacko:

Dude loves chasin' tail. :D

maybe in the NBA, he's been horrific in the last two baseball games.

Yup, see above.

I know what you're saying and I agree to an extent. I think personal preference when it comes to color guys has a lot to do with who you're familiar with. A good example would be the combination of Madden and Summerall... they were allowed to do football games together LONG after they were any good at actually calling the games accurately. But, because they still had fairly decent ratings (I think due to the familiarity factor), they were allowed to continue.

Stockton is from that same era... old-school guy who we are used to hearing do NBA playoff games. I think the same thing when I hear his voice... Lakers/Celtics battles from the 80's. But, by today's standards, he's probably not considered to be one of the best... he uses a lot of old lingo that is different from what you hear on ESPN from a lot of the younger guys. So, I guess I could see where maybe people who aren't used to him wouldn't appreciate his style all that much.

Another example for me would be Herb Carneal, who did Twins baseball on the radio for 50+ years. If you never heard his games before, you might think his broadcasts were a little dry, maybe even boring. But, for those who were used to listening to him on the radio over the years, he was absolutely one of the best.

I feel ya... I'd rather listen to a guy whose best days are behind him, like wildcat mentions below - like Stockton - than the "booyas" of many of today's clowns that they have on. :D

his best days are behind IMO - I agree he WAS solid, I just think alot of these guys end up doin it for too long.

and he is horrible on baseball- but I am with ya on his work back in the day

Fair enough... but as I stated above, give me Stockton over some of the clowns nowadays. And man, there's nothing that compares to Stockton's voice as he broke down a classic Magic vs. Bird game. So awesome.