[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johnson

HeHateMe

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652459

See above:

- Per ESPN.com, Johnson being investigated for assaulting a woman at a KC nightclub during their recent bye week.

- The second such incident this year (court date for the first in December).

- The fourth such incident of his career.

- Clearly, the type of behavior that the league might make an example of under the player conduct policy.

Already a bad second round pick, looks like Larry is heading for a lengthy suspension. At least I won't have to worry about his inconsistency anymore.

On the flip side, I'm not sure that Kolby Smith or Jamaal Charles are going to be worth anything this year with the Chiefs' state of disarray and the likely RBBC. In keeper leagues, Jamaal Charles may make a nice pickup with LJ's time in KC rapidly dwindling.

As a Penn State fan, it pains me to say that this guys is a complete embarrassment. His off-field trouble have been well documented, and have been going on since his PSU days. On the field, he plays hard when he wants to. If the Chiefs get behind, he gives very little effort and plays completely un-motivated football. He's also always bitching about his team to the press. What a waste of tremendous talent. :wacko:

disclaimer: haven't read the above link.

More trouble for Chiefs’ Larry Johnson

By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star

More trouble has wrapped up Chiefs running back Larry Johnson.

He reportedly was involved in a late-night altercation with a woman during the team’s bye weekend. Charges have not been filed.

Chiefs president Carl Peterson acknowledged Johnson’s latest brush with trouble, an altercation separate from the February incident for which he’ll face simple-assault charges at a December court appearance.

“We are very disappointed,” Peterson said in a team release. “We will cooperate fully with the Kansas City authorities who are investigating the matter.”

The Chiefs responded to the most recent incident Sunday night, hours after the team’s 34-10 loss to the Tennessee Titans. Johnson was inactive for that game, held out for being late to team meetings and other team functions two weeks before the bye weekend.

Coach Herm Edwards said last week the reasons for holding out Johnson from the Tennessee game were unrelated to Johnson’s altercation in February. Edwards didn’t specify at the time the reasons for Johnson’s benching.

A report on ESPN.com stated Sunday night that Johnson might face a league suspension for his most recent brush with trouble.

Peterson said in the statement that the Chiefs have made the NFL aware of the incident and that the league is conducting its own investigation.

Edited by Hat Trick

I thought all his owners would have sold him after his big 2 weeks like everyone was telling them to? Only the suckers who bought him during this season should be disappointed. :wacko:

Some of us are in leagues without trades (WCOFF). We have no choice to be pummelled weekly by his antics.

Well the media has obtained the police report, they read it on the radio:

LJ got enraged with a woman at the club and spit alcohol in her face and then threatened to kill her boyfriend.

LOSER, cut him NOW!!!!!

Edited by Hat Trick

What was that Dick Vermiel said about him a few seasons back, "Larry needs to take off his diaper, and go play". It sounds like he's still weaing them, when it comes to his social activities. Sounds like he needs lessons on how to behave like an adult. Pretty sad.

here ya go, prepare to be appauled

http://www.kmbc.com/download/2008/1020/17763787.pdf

Only have the following questions

Why was incident reported four days later?

Happened on 10-10-2008

reported on 10-14-2008

report filed on 10-20-2008

Did the victim wait four days for a payment and when it didn't happen she made out report?

I know he has a history but why the delay?

Happened on 10-10-2008

reported on 10-14-2008

Did the victim wait four days for a payment and when it didn't happen she made out report?

I wonder all this too, but frankly, if there were witnesses, I don't know that I blame the chick. If what she says happened, she deserves recompense. If he wouldn't pay, then she's sending his arse to jail. I've done the same thing in a car accident with no injuries. Gave the guy a chance to settle it up because he wanted to, but when he didn't I sicced the insurance company on him. I wonder how often this happened on the campus of Penn State and JoPa and his old-school boosters covered it up?

Happened on 10-10-2008

reported on 10-14-2008

Why does it matter? Why should it? It would seem if it happened on a Friday - so waiting until Monday and getting ahold of an attorney seems like zero delay.

link?

L.J.'s K.C. T.O.

Larry Johnson was put in the NFL's version of a timeout this week when he was declared inactive for violating team rules. This punishment, however, has been a long-time brewing.

According to several sources, Johnson has been late for several things, including the plane on their trip to the Panthers before their Week 5 game. The team had to hold the team plane for the tardy Johnson. Some wanted to leave him, but the decision was made to wait.

Several weeks prior, Johnson was told to come out of a game for a personnel package that included rookie Jamaal Charles. Johnson refused. He was told again, but again he refused to leave the game and insisted that if the team put Charles on the field they would get a penalty for 12 men on the field.

After that incident he was given a talking to by Chiefs brass, but obviously he has not heeded the warnings.

The team shopped Johnson prior to last week's trading deadline but found no takers. He's in need of a strong reputation overhaul but, most of all, needs to start by winning over the men he plays alongside in that Chiefs locker room.

Head coach Herm Edwards always preaches respecting the NFL shield. Johnson's off-field incident a week ago certainly didn't help his cause.

He is an embarrassment to Penn State, Kansas City, and the entire NFL. The crazy thing is, his father is one of the most respected coaches at Happy Valley. I've also read numerous things about his brother, who was a WR at PSU, and word is that he is a great kid as well. It looks like the success went straight to his head. No excuse for his behavior. I will never root for him again. :wacko:

Happened on 10-10-2008

reported on 10-14-2008

It says in the report that she called 911 while outside the club.

He is an embarrassment to Penn State, Kansas City, and the entire NFL. The crazy thing is, his father is one of the most respected coaches at Happy Valley. I've also read numerous things about his brother, who was a WR at PSU, and word is that he is a great kid as well. It looks like the success went straight to his head. No excuse for his behavior. I will never root for him again. :wacko:

Yep.

The Chiefs are going to hell in a handbasket and LJ is satan-bo-peep.

I wonder all this too, but frankly, if there were witnesses, I don't know that I blame the chick. If what she says happened, she deserves recompense. If he wouldn't pay, then she's sending his arse to jail. I've done the same thing in a car accident with no injuries. Gave the guy a chance to settle it up because he wanted to, but when he didn't I sicced the insurance company on him. I wonder how often this happened on the campus of Penn State and JoPa and his old-school boosters covered it up?

I doubt he's going to get any jail time for spitting alcohol in someones face. But he will get suspended from the NFL if this is all verified in their investigation. Either way, LJ is a punk.

Johnson may not start Sunday

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

Police investigating allegations involving the Chiefs’ Larry Johnson

The Chiefs might extend Larry Johnson’s absence from their starting lineup. Coach Herm Edwards said Monday that he hadn’t determined whether Johnson would play in Sunday’s game against the Jets at the Meadowlands.

Edwards held Johnson out of Sunday’s 34-10 loss to Tennessee at Arrowhead Stadium because Johnson was late for meetings and other team obligations. Edwards said last week the benching would be for only one game.

Edwards wouldn’t elaborate on his reasons for possibly benching Johnson against the Jets. But in the last week, two different allegations of assault against Johnson have surfaced.

• 1 month later...