[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My day so far

driveby

Secretary 1: "My computer won't come on"

diagnosis and solution: Monitor cable is loose. Reattached cable.

Secretary 1, 5 minutes later: "It still doesn't work"

diagnosis and solution: It's not on. Pushed power button.

Teacher 1: "My computer won't come on"

diagnosis and solution: CPU power cord not plugged in. Plugged in CPU power cord.

Teacher 2: My monitor cord got eaten by ants, I need a new one" :wacko:

diagnosis and solution: Monitor cord was more likely run over by the shuttle launch vehicle, but nice try. Replaced cord.

sheesh :D

got this email today;

Mr. driveby,

I have a computer in my room that has still not been repaired or replaced and it has been over 3 weeks since my last email. Is there anyway that I can get this matter resolved. I do believe, that I have been very patient and I try not to be a nuisance but this problem is hindering my students from completing their assignments.

Thanks for working to resolve this matter.

Make it a Great Day!

my response:

Ms. Murray,

I was unable to find anything wrong with computer #23.

However, the keyboard was unplugged and the mouse was missing.

I plugged in the keyboard and replaced the mouse. The computer now appears to be functioning normally.

Please let me know if you have any further problems.

thank you

I noticed a bunch of 8-1/2 x 11 paper sticking out of the manual load tray on the laser printer today. I questioned the office manager and she said the printer won't pull the paper from the tray that resides under the printer, so we have to keep loading sheets into the manual tray to print.

I pulled the paper out of the manual tray and there was a 1/2 gap between the printer face and the lower tray. The little LCD screen read "Paper Tray Out."

I pushed it the rest of the way in.

I noticed a bunch of 8-1/2 x 11 paper sticking out of the manual load tray on the laser printer today. I questioned the office manager and she said the printer won't pull the paper from the tray that resides under the printer, so we have to keep loading sheets into the manual tray to print.

I pulled the paper out of the manual tray and there was a 1/2 gap between the printer face and the lower tray. The little LCD screen read "Paper Tray Out."

Dumb people = job security

One day you will rule the world. One day.

Mr. driveby,

I have a computer in my room that has still not been repaired or replaced ...

:wacko: What kind of dumbass uses his real name on a FF message board?!? :D

Edited by Big F'n Dave

Thanks again. :D:wacko: