[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre Was it a right move?

Natimp

I'm a favre fan and was very happy when the Jets got him. I am starting to think it was the wrong move and should have held onto Pennington.

This K.C. game is out of hand. Should we be blaming Favre or the play calling???

4-12 last year. 4-3 this year.

If you didn't know Favre's great plays were going to come with some dumb picks, where have you been for the past 2 decades?

4-12 last year. 4-3 this year.

If you didn't know Favre's great plays were going to come with some dumb picks, where have you been for the past 2 decades?

Favre sucks this year. Comparing last years record to this years record and saying they are better with Favre I think is a mistake.

Favre will lose more games because of his stupid picks than he will win games. They should be better than 4-3. They very easily could have lost to the Chiefs and they got beat by the Raiders. They are not a good team.

It's not Farve's fault at all. It's the jets play calling!

Even with Farve on the Jets, it's the same ol' Jets.

I was excited when Farve came to NY, I thought finally it will be fun to watch them... nope same old jets, boring play calling boring boring boring

Favre has thrown a ton of horrible passes this year. He was the 13 rated QB and that was after a phenomenal game against the Cards. Other than that he has sucked.

Favre absolutely upgrades the Jets over last season's team with Pennington. They've already exceeded what they did last year and are in the hunt for a playoff spot... Something that they were not doing last year. Yes, Favre will make some of the worst decisions you'll ever see from a quarterback, but he'll also make a few plays that very few QB's could make at any point.

I think a lot of Jets fans may have thought they were getting Brett Favre circa '97. He's nowhere near that player, but he's still a very very good quarterback.

And this is coming from someone who isn't a very big Favre fan at all.

Favre sucks this year. Comparing last years record to this years record and saying they are better with Favre I think is a mistake.

Favre will lose more games because of his stupid picks than he will win games. They should be better than 4-3. They very easily could have lost to the Chiefs and they got beat by the Raiders. They are not a good team.

1) The Raiders are actually a pretty decent team when they want to be... the problem is they're VERY inconsistent. They had Buffalo and San Diego both beat earlier this year, and gave both games away. The Jets game was the perfect opportunity for them to actually close somebody out, and they did. Not a huge upset, and definitely not a huge disaster for the Jets... the Raiders simply came to play that game, like they should every week.

2) The Jets are WAY better this year than last. Part of it is Favre, but it has just as much to do with their other acquisitions... their running game is much improved, in part due to the Faneca addition, for example.

3) The Jets seem to play to the level of the competition, whether it be the Pats, Raiders, Chiefs, Cards, or whoever. That, to me, has 8-8 or maybe 9-7 written all over it.

4) It seems like some people thought the Favre addition was going to automatically transform the Jets into this years GB Packers. Not going to happen, no matter how much better Favre makes them.

5) Last year was one of Favre's best seasons ever... So many weapons at his disposal, defense playing well enough where he didn't have to take a bunch of chances to win games, etc. This year, he is more reminiscent of the old Favre... makes some great plays, but just as many horrible throws... He'll win some games, and lose some games for the Jets.

Bottom line, whether they go 8-8, 9-7, or even 10-6, it's a heck of a lot better than 4-12. Whether it's good enough to get them into the playoffs is yet to be determined, but they're clearly a more potent offensive team with Favre than without him. Today, he played just well enough to win the game. The defense certainly didn't do him any favors, and is just as much at fault as Favre for not winning the game easily.

As a Packer fan, its nice seeing some other fans having to live with Favre's play from week-to-week. You never know if you're getting 4 TD's or 4 INT's. And the head-scratchers that cause you to lose games. Can't say I miss him. In my mind he retired and the Packers are better off without him.

But I do hope the Jets make it to the Superbowl so the Pack get a 1st round pick! :wacko:

It's not Farve's fault at all. It's the jets play calling!

Even with Farve on the Jets, it's the same ol' Jets.

I was excited when Farve came to NY, I thought finally it will be fun to watch them... nope same old jets, boring play calling boring boring boring

Might be true of some weeks this season, but yesterday the Jets attempted 42 pass plays to 24 rushing attempts, and that against one of the two or three worst rushing defenses in the league coming into the game. Hard to call that play calling "boring" or typical of the Mangini Jets, and hard to argue that Favre wasn't given every opportunity to excel in yesterday's game.

I'm a favre fan and was very happy when the Jets got him. I am starting to think it was the wrong move and should have held onto Pennington.

This K.C. game is out of hand. Should we be blaming Favre or the play calling???

I think it was a good move but what were the Jets doing throwing it all day in that game?

The Jets and Favre need to adjust to each other imo. They should run the ball and occassionally throw to keep defenders honest but they threw on 3rd and 2 repeatedly yesterday. Don't let Favre dictate the game plan.

As a Packer fan, its nice seeing some other fans having to live with Favre's play from week-to-week. You never know if you're getting 4 TD's or 4 INT's. And the head-scratchers that cause you to lose games. Can't say I miss him. In my mind he retired and the Packers are better off without him.

But I do hope the Jets make it to the Superbowl so the Pack get a 1st round pick! :D

Yes but he's always exciting. :wacko:

Favre has thrown a ton of horrible passes his entire career. ...

FIXED...

Favre has been throwing tons of terrible passes since his first NFL game. When his coach has reined him in, Favre's dumb throws were minimized.

Holmgren did a great job of making Favre limit his bad throws. Sherman did an ok job but that trailed off towards the end of his tenure. In 2006, Favre, and the entire GB team, struggled as Mike McCarthy installed his offense and Ted Thompson started rebuilding. McCarthy then did a great job of limiting Favre's mistakes in 2007.

Now 2008... the Jets really don't have anyone who approaches the stickler for offensive detail like Holmgren or McCarthy. This is what happens when you let Favre be Favre. His strength... moxie and determination... becomes a weakness.

Edited by kingfish247