[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks, Cowboyz1

Big F'n Dave

One of the best posts I've read here or anywhere in a long time..:wacko:

I hate that I got in too late to reply in the original thread (and I fear this one will soon see its end), but I really wanted to express my appreciation for your post. I, too, am as proud of my country as I've ever been. :D

Double Agent

Today, 8:01 AM Post #13

Huddler

Group: Members

Member No.: 17,507

He is my president now and I'll support him 100%. Now the Dems are in control of the House, Senate, and White House. No excuses now if they can't take care of business. They have a lot on their plate thanks to the leadership of this country the last 8 years.

I agree.

* the views expressed in this post are stictly those of Howboutthemcowboys. Double Agent is a card carrying Republican who is very upset that Obama won the election this week.

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Double Agent

Today, 8:01 AM Post #13

Huddler

Group: Members

Member No.: 17,507

He is my president now and I'll support him 100%. Now the Dems are in control of the House, Senate, and White House. No excuses now if they can't take care of business. They have a lot on their plate thanks to the leadership of this country the last 8 years.

I agree.

:wacko: If you're going to quote me and edit my post, please do it the correct way. That's just borderline creepy.

One of the best posts I've read here or anywhere in a long time..:wacko:

I hate that I got in too late to reply in the original thread (and I fear this one will soon see its end), but I really wanted to express my appreciation for your post. I, too, am as proud of my country as I've ever been. :D

Thanks big dave. I was overcome by the day and just had to write about it. Thanks again.

I was just thinking of how bad the riots would be if someone successfully assassinated Obama....

and with how crazy some of the people in the south are in regards to this topic....this could be a complete mess...

not sure this post belonged in this particular thread at all ...actually pretty sure it did not belong in this particular post as well as the tie into cowboyz1 original thread

and well written cowboyz1 ...very good stuff :wacko:

This election is helping me deal with my white guilt.

I think it's about who is the better executive. Give it time. We'll see if this is a successful administration or not.

Regardless Cowboyz1's post was a great one to read.

Edited by Randall

Great, great post, Cowboyz1

Now, does Barak Obama have to be a great, great president to be considered a "great president" rather than a "great 'africnan american' president"???

Although I voted for McCain (albeit narrowly), I think its a testiment to our population that we've elected Obama. It's not hard to see why you are so proud. It's because we all (well most) are.

Power to the People! All People!!!!!!!!!!!

Great, great post, Cowboyz1

Now, does Barak Obama have to be a great, great president to be considered a "great president" rather than a "great 'africnan american' president"???

Although I voted for McCain (albeit narrowly), I think its a testiment to our population that we've elected Obama. It's not hard to see why you are so proud. It's because we all (well most) are.

Power to the People! All People!!!!!!!!!!!

as a caucasian, I am offended by the term "african american" ....are caucasians called "european americans"?....

we're white....why is it so bad to call them black? :wacko:...

as a caucasian, I am offended by the term "african american" ....are caucasians called "european americans"?....

we're white....why is it so bad to call them black? :D...

He's half black/half white, so wouldn't it be "European African American" or would it be African European American"? :wacko:

Edited by TimC

What about canine-americans? :D

I have a hard time with many of these labels but they were designed to make people feel good about their heritage. Now they seem a little divisive.

when composing the post, I had "black" in place of "african american". IMO, it sux that I feel I have to go back and edit myself for PC purposes.

we're white....why is it so bad to call them black? :D...

It wouldn't be if the term black didn't have such overarching connotations to bad things. I don't mind AA now, but I did prior to adopting my son. He is very dark, and gets a lot of grief for it.

A more accurate term would be brown rather black anyway. How about the first brown president? :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff