[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright....Call me a kiss ass or whatever, but...

rocknrobn26

piss off

UT sucks, The Big 12 is overrated and so is Austin's music scene, you c0cksucker

:wacko:

edit: just getting warmed up for college football weekend

As if I didn't know you were joking... this sealed the deal. :D

Going to my first game this Saturday against Baylor. Too bad it's an 11am kick; there'll be limited - if any - tailgating. :D

As if I didn't know you were joking... this sealed the deal. :D

Going to my first game this Saturday against Baylor. Too bad it's an 11am kick; there'll be limited - if any - tailgating. :D

Most of Iowa's games start at 11:00 AM. We just start tailgating at 7:00 in the morning. :wacko:

I've always been supportive of DMD's and WW's wishes when it comes to taboo subjects here. It's not too hard to play by the rules. It seems that every year we get the threat to shut this place down becuase too many people can't follow a VERY SIMPLE RULE!!!

I implore everyone to just play by the rules and let the Tailgate be. I for one find this place too full of information and good people to ever want it to go away. It's actually quite scary how much of my life revolves around this place.

well said and completely agree

They try and do a very good job. There are a lot of diverging views here. At times I believe they gun threads a little too quickly, but that's OK. This is a very good site considering the vast variety of good people here, so I agree with Tom.

Most of Iowa's games start at 11:00 AM. We just start tailgating at 7:00 in the morning. :D

Oh, if I had my druthers we'd be out there bright and early to :D ... but I'm gettin' the ticket from a buddy here in town and he doesn't want to tailgate that early. a tasty morsel. :wacko: So, we'll sneak some booze into the game. It'll be fun regardless. :D

I don't think I'm generally known as a complainer and I haven't started political threads here in a long time because I respect the rules.

That being said--

I go to another board where politics is discussed but it's the same people with the same views and it becomes a bit stagnant. What was nice about the tailgate in years passed was that new people get showing up and contributing. To a degree, this kept conversations/debates fresh. I think a politics forum here would be nice. I am aware that it will not happen.

Sorry, i couldn't quote yall that gave a positive reply. But...

Thanks for all the positive comments!

I love this place and all it has to offer. Too many resources....too many questions...too many people trying to help people, and too many positives to kill this place because of whatever DMD/WW don't like! But one has to respect the preferences of the site managers.

Let's be cool and follow the rules. For the admins prefs, and also to keep a very viable resource alive.

Peace! TY! :wacko:

Long Live the Tailgate!!!

RR, I agree with everything you said. Well said.

BTW, did I miss something the last few days? Is the TG in jeopardy?

Max,

It has been and will always be in jeopardy, if people can't play by the rules! The admins can and might "86" this place if it gets to be a major pain in their arse. Can't blame them, but I/WE have to assure them that the TG is viable! I'm not going to pick on anyone, but DMD/WW have said "NO POLITICS IN THE TG!!!". That is good enuff for me!

Thanks Max! :wacko:

Max,

It has been and will always be in jeopardy, if people can't play by the rules! The admins can and might "86" this place if it gets to be a major pain in their arse. Can't blame them, but I/WE have to assure them that the TG is viable! I'm not going to pick on anyone, but DMD/WW have said "NO POLITICS IN THE TG!!!". That is good enuff for me!

Thanks Max! :wacko:

Ah. I see. Hopefully the TG will stick around. I spend a lot of time in the TG. The TG is where you get to learn about everyone at the huddle, share experiences, share stories, and just get to know each other on a level that is beyond football.

Ah. I see. Hopefully the TG will stick around. I spend a lot of time in the TG. The TG is where you get to learn about everyone at the huddle, share experiences, share stories, and just get to know each other on a level that is beyond football.

Well put, my friend!

Most of Iowa's games start at 11:00 AM. We just start tailgating at 7:00 in the morning. :wacko:

I find the most effective plan is to wake up still drunk from Friday night. One Bloody and awaaaay we go....

Max,

Thanks Max! :D

I've always felt that DMD is the patron saint of the Tailgate....if you want to call the Huddle a "community", this is where it starts; I think he appreciates that.

Whitney, on the other hand....

Just my :wacko: ; I could be 100% wrong on that. But that's the perception I've gained from polluting these boards for the past 8 or 9 years.

My 2 cents...

I don't think any topics (well, I guess I shouldn't say ANY) should be banned from the Tailgate. IMO it isn't the topic of politics or religion or other controversial topics that is the problem. It's the incessant over the top name calling and flaming that can result from heated arguments around those topics that can get out of hand. I admit that I myself have engaged in some of that behavior but do try to police myself a bit. The point is, we are all grown ups here and smack talking can occur with politics just like with fantasy sports. For the most part, other than a very very small number of posters I don't take such things personally. If it were up to me, we'd open things up here, but it's not and I respect that. I don't like it, but I respect it.

My 2 cents...

I don't think any topics (well, I guess I shouldn't say ANY) should be banned from the Tailgate. IMO it isn't the topic of politics or religion or other controversial topics that is the problem. It's the incessant over the top name calling and flaming that can result from heated arguments around those topics that can get out of hand. I admit that I myself have engaged in some of that behavior but do try to police myself a bit. The point is, we are all grown ups here and smack talking can occur with politics just like with fantasy sports. For the most part, other than a very very small number of posters I don't take such things personally. If it were up to me, we'd open things up here, but it's not and I respect that. I don't like it, but I respect it.

I will have to agree with this no good bad person , well ; except for the part about "all being grownups" :D

ok back to 5 page long threads about whether a dood that gets a blowj*b is gay or not.........

:wacko::D