[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ballzy or stupid move?....

pig devilz

This week in one league (see sig), I play the undeafeted 1st place dude. I'm sitting alone in 2nd place.

The guys team is STACKED!....take a look, no wonder he's 9-0

QB- Brees

WR- Calvin Johnson

WR- Fitzgerald

RB1- ADP

RB2- Chris Johnson

TE- Witten

K- Ackers

D- Miami

Bench

Forte, J. Stewart, Ray Rice, Selv. Young, Sammy Morris, Bowe

He dropped Dal D and Suisham for this week Bye's

He did not pick up a TE to replace Witten, on Bye this week. He played Witten last week too

even though he was injured and still crushed his opponent (.500 team) by 50 points....

Question is, is this gutsy or dumb?

Of course he's not going to drop Witten, but do you see anybody on his bench to drop and pick

up a serviceable TE for 1 week? (He actually just picked up Ray Rice instead of making a move for a TE)

Maybe his arrogance is pissing me off, makes me wanna kick his butt even more!

Or maybe better yet, just beat him by about 6 points (avg for available TE's)

So whataya think?...Is this something you would do?

Never field an empty bench spot when you can clearly put someone in there. Yes, there is definitely one or more players on your bench that you could drop for a TE.

What TEs do you have available?

the question is concerning my opponents team, not mine.

AND this is not an Advice thread for WDIS......

it just makes me :wacko: that the guy would leave an empty roster spot when he plays me.....

It depends on the playoff set up and prize set up. If the guy could care less if he loses this week, why drop a player? Granted he may not need some of the guys on his bench, but why let somebody else have them.

If he's going to be the 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs even if he loses this week w/o a TE, what does it matter. I have done the same thing, especially in dynasty leagues.

It depends on a couple of things.

If I'm in his shoes, my main concern is not the effect on my team that losing one of those RBs would have. My concern would be allowing another team to pick one of those RBs up for the stretch run. You'd snap up any of those RBs if you had the chance, given your roster.

The caliber of the TEs on the ww is a consideration.

So if there is nothing but shlock on the ww, the prudent thing for him to this week might be to stand pat and take a zero at the TE position. This doesn't take into account other issues concerning Witten, like his ribs and Romo.

I have played a position in a BYE week so I will not give up a good bench player. In my local TEs get very little points so why drop a good backup for a potential point or two. It also depends on my position, if I can afford a L I will do it. If I am in must win mode, obviously not.

the guy is definetly on top of his game, and has grabbed players to keep them away from others...i have no problem with that.

ww TE...Carlson, Scaife, probly the top 2

I would strongly consider dropping Morris for a TE this week instead of an empty spot....

@Chaos....who knows if he'l be the #1 or2 seed, we have 6 games to play before we get there...

and hey, my team ain't that bad! (is it?) :wacko: 7-2 second place....not to shabby

That's one hell of a team, and even though one can figure out pretty much how his draft went, and it is rational and reasonable that he could draft up a team like that, it looks like at least one player - Witten, I'm guessing - was allowed to drop way too far.

In any case, given his RBs, I'd be looking to trade someone like Stewart or Rice for a good TE to fill in during Witten's absence. There's no reason for him not to have some depth at that position given all other factors.

In any case, he can do what he wants, and if he wants to risk starting a 0 at TE for a couple of weeks, that's his privledge. If he pisses you off by kicking ass while taking his goose egg, so much the better for him.

I'm doing the exact same thing this week. I'm 9-1 and have Cooley on a bye and am not dropping any of my players to pick up some scrub TE. Would you drop any of these guys?

QB - McNabb, Campbell

RB - AP/Chester, LT/Sproles, MJD, Rice, Torain

WR - Wayne, R Moss, Colston, Royal, Moore, Reggie Brown

TE - Cooley

I'm doing the exact same thing this week. I'm 9-1 and have Cooley on a bye and am not dropping any of my players to pick up some scrub TE. Would you drop any of these guys?

QB - McNabb, Campbell

RB - AP/Chester, LT/Sproles, MJD, Rice, Torain

WR - Wayne, R Moss, Colston, Royal, Moore, Reggie Brown

TE - Cooley

\

Why is dropping a player your only option? Are you in a no-trade league? Trade off Moore or Brown if it nets you a top TE. What good are they doing you sitting on the end of your bench every week while you take a 0?

\

Why is dropping a player your only option? Are you in a no-trade league? Trade off Moore or Brown if it nets you a top TE. What good are they doing you sitting on the end of your bench every week while you take a 0?

Define "top TE". I don't think anyone who has a top te is going to trade it away for Moore or Brown for 1 week.

Define "top TE". I don't think anyone who has a top te is going to trade it away for Moore or Brown for 1 week.

How about for someone like Scaife or Fasano? They don't have the name recognition that a Gonzales or Gates does, but they bring credible scoring most weeks to a lineup, and enhance a top team's strength for a player who otherwise wouldn't start except under the most extreme catastrophic circumstances.

How about for someone like Scaife or Fasano? They don't have the name recognition that a Gonzales or Gates does, but they bring credible scoring most weeks to a lineup, and enhance a top team's strength for a player who otherwise wouldn't start except under the most extreme catastrophic circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand your logic but there just aren't any options since the guys that do have a decent TE either don't have a backup themselves or their backup is on a bye or someone like Moore or Brown doesn't help them in any way.

It depends on a couple of things.

If I'm in his shoes, my main concern is not the effect on my team that losing one of those RBs would have. My concern would be allowing another team to pick one of those RBs up for the stretch run. You'd snap up any of those RBs if you had the chance, given your roster.

The caliber of the TEs on the ww is a consideration.

So if there is nothing but shlock on the ww, the prudent thing for him to this week might be to stand pat and take a zero at the TE position. This doesn't take into account other issues concerning Witten, like his ribs and Romo.

I have played a position in a BYE week so I will not give up a good bench player. In my local TEs get very little points so why drop a good backup for a potential point or two. It also depends on my position, if I can afford a L I will do it. If I am in must win mode, obviously not.

For starters, I agree with both of these posts fully. If 1) the likelihood of a waiver replacement getting me anything is slim, 2) I don't have anyone I want to drop, and 3) I can afford the loss, there's no way I'm bothering to field a complete team.

This was sort of addressed in Grits' thread but I don't see any reason why I owe to anyone to manage my team in any manner other than how it best suits me. Hell, even if waivers are pricey and I don't want to worsen my pot odds.

That said, considering Witten's health (and Romos for that matter) I think I'd rather waive Morris and grab Scaife just because I might need him for more than just this week.

However, that's just because it makes sense to me. My rationale has nothing to do with what is ethically right or anything like that.