[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lineup decision and efficiency %

keggerz

"Who Do I Start" is probably the biggest and most important question in fantasy football.

I know that MFL supplies teams with an efficiency rating (shows the % you start the players that scored the most points) but not sure about other league management providers...anyway today I was looking at POWER RANKINGS (not my league, just a sample)and I was surprised at how well I have been doing with regards to my EFF(efficiency %)

I am in 8 leagues (5, 16 team dynasty IDP leagues, 1, 32 team IDP Dynasty League, 1, 32 team redraft and 1& 16 team ALL IDP and was surprised at how well I am doing in those leagues...

Record, EFF, EFF Rank, Scoring Rank

7-3....87.9.....1.........1(16 team IDP Expert Redraft League)

8-2....88.6.....2.........1

8-2....87.8.....1.........1

6-4....87.8.....2.........4

7-3....87.4....1.........6

7-5....94.2....3.........2(32 team IDP Dynasty with Double Headers)

11-9..89.5....3........9th(16 team IDP Dynasty with Double Headers)

8-2....94.2...11......2(32 Team Redraft NO IDP)

Probably one of the best years I have ever had to date.....and you know what that means....

MY TEAMS WILL CRAP OUT IN THE PLAYOFFS(The ones I make it in that is)

At least for the most part I have made pretty good lineup decisions this year.

MFL has alot of cool features. it also has weekly summary (under standings i believe) lets you see how your doing on OFF and DEF (IDP), highs and lows as well as bench players. very useful to see where your strong or weak and helps you evaluate your depth. i've found it very useful over the years.

not a very flashy site, but functional

Have always taken those efficiency numbers with a grain of salt.

Going into this last weekend I was tied for the top efficiency mark in one of my leagues. I am not doing all that well in the W-L area though, so all that means is that my efficiency at playing the right people is that I have no other people to play and that they are on my bench for a reason. LOL

I know a guy that had a 100% eff rate for two weeks in a row.... big deal... he had no one on his bench at all. He couldn't go wrong on who he played even if he had wanted to. :wacko: (He lost one and won won.)

Going into this last weekend I was tied for the top efficiency mark in one of my leagues. I am not doing all that well in the W-L area though, so all that means is that my efficiency at playing the right people is that I have no other people to play and that they are on my bench for a reason. LOL

I know a guy that had a 100% eff rate for two weeks in a row.... big deal... he had no one on his bench at all. He couldn't go wrong on who he played even if he had wanted to. :D (He lost one and won won.)

so you are saying my bench depth sucks :wacko:

oh and in the 32 team leagues that is troof

In a 32 team league...how could it not? Depth is a non-operative word when it comes to large leagues. LOL

What I am saying is that those efficiency marks are not always telling the actual story. The veiwing of said stats are in the eye of the beholder. :D However, I think that most of the time, if one were to look at the rosters of those with the highest marks, you will find that there is little to no bench strength.

I'm in a local league and my two sons also play in it. Son #2 doesn't want any transactions for the whole year. He drafted Reggie Williams and Selvin Young and he went through the bye weeks and injuries to other players with those players on his team. He's started Williams on more than one occasion since he didn't have any other options. He has a good efficiency rating since he always plays the best player. Having more startable players on your roster equals a lower efficiency rating.

I know a guy that had a 100% eff rate for two weeks in a row.... big deal... he had no one on his bench at all. He couldn't go wrong on who he played even if he had wanted to. :wacko: (He lost one and won won.)

exactly. but where efficiency really comes in is when you DO have depth and are still making the right choices who to start. in other words, if you have a high efficiency, but mostly started the same guys every week, it does'nt mean much. - but if you have submitted different starting line-ups, and your efficiency remains high, you are truly EFFICIENT.

exactly. but where efficiency really comes in is when you DO have depth and are still making the right choices who to start. in other words, if you have a high efficiency, but mostly started the same guys every week, it does'nt mean much. - but if you have submitted different starting line-ups, and your efficiency remains high, you are truly EFFICIENT.

So why don't THEY come up with a stat for that?

Sky beat me to it. My efficiency is different in all my leagues but the league that I have the lowest is the league that I am doing the best in. I have a great bench. :D