[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL ROY

muck

Who is the ROY?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the ROY?

• Matt Ryan
    • Joe Flacco
    • Chris Johnson
    • Matt Forte
    • Steve Slaton
    • Eddie Royal
    • Desean Jackson
    • Darrelle Revis
    • Someone else (who?)

If Ryan continues to play the way he has and especially if he gets the Falcons to the playoffs, I don't see it going anywhere else.

If the Falcons start losing some games and end the year at 9-7 or 8-8, there are a few guys that could get it such as Chris Johnson. I am not ready to put Eddie Royal in the mix yet but a few more games like the last few weeks and you have to start giving him some credit. Right now he is 10th in receiving yards and 7th in receptions. If he moves into the top 5 for each and Denver gets their act together and wins 10-11 games, he stands a chance.

Again, this is if Ryan screws up. Right now I think that it's his to lose.

Ryan and it ain't close.

I was about to write the exact thing.

Chris Johnson and Forte are certainly have great years but that's just not that uncommon. Coming in from day 1 and playing QB at the level Ryan is, on the other hand, is absolutely huge.

I voted for Johnson. Yes, Ryan has led his team to an impressive mark at the toughest position to grasp in the NFL, but the Titans are undefeated and not only has Johnson been spectacular in terms of big plays, but he's been a surprisingly tough runner. I don't think the Titans would be unbeaten with LenDale White and some other "fast guy" sharing the duties.

Ryan was the #3 pick, so (at least to me) it's not as big of a surprise Ryan is performing this way... Johnson had his doubters and is proving them all dead wrong.

Many things about Johnson could also be said about Forte. If you want to talk about offensive FANTASY ROY, I think Forte would have to take the cake, as he's the #1 fantasy RB right now (at least in SOFA). :wacko: Chew on that.

All that said, I wouldn't be shocked to see Ryan win it... and he'd totally be deserving.

No but Finnegan is.

nope, 3rd season

I voted Ryan as well. The turn around by that team is hugh. Even more so than than what Johnson or Flacco has done.

Ryan also has the best rookie QB numbers since Marino.

Ryan was the #3 pick, so (at least to me) it's not as big of a surprise Ryan is performing this way... Johnson had his doubters and is proving them all dead wrong.

I don't think where a guy got drafted should be relevant in ROY voting.

I voted for Ryan because his position is much tougher to master as a rookie (if Puddy said it, it must be true), and because of the dramatic turnaround the Falcons have experienced so far.

I am surprised that among those who went RB that Johnson is getting so many more votes than Forte, I woulda' voted Forte among the RBs just because unlike Johnson he's not really sharing the load for his team.

I am surprised that among those who went RB that Johnson is getting so many more votes than Forte, I woulda' voted Forte among the RBs just because unlike Johnson he's not really sharing the load for his team.

The Titans would be running the ball no matter who lined up at tailback this year. Their OL is outstanding. One of the best, if not THE best, run blocking units in the league right now.