[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heavy Snow In Midwest...

DaFreak

They are predicting heavy snow in the midwest today along with high winds. The Green Bay appears to be the game with the most potential to be affected although current forecasts show snow beginning later in the game. CIN and CLE appear to be on the line of snow/rain.

FYI!

They are predicting heavy snow in the midwest today along with high winds. The Green Bay appears to be the game with the most potential to be affected although current forecasts show snow beginning later in the game. CIN and CLE appear to be on the line of snow/rain.

FYI!

Wind in GB is predicted to drop to about 12 MPH 1 hour into the game. I'm not in GB though that is the prediction. I don't see any snow forecast until 4PM. Game looks fine as of right now.

For the millions of you that are riding ravens and bengals, im about 45 min from stadium and it is sleeting and pretty cold/windy.

Firing up the grill in a couple hours. BRING ON THE SNOW!

What are the usual rules of thumb for games with heavy snow?

Less of a passing game?

More of a running game?

More turnovers = big day for D/ST?

Do you agree or disagree with that... and anything you would add or subtract?

:wacko:

Less of a passing game?

More of a running game?

Agree and one to add.

Leon Lett will assuredly come slip siding along to ruin a game for his team at some point. :D

American Football was invented to be played out in the elements. Snow, wind, rain, sleet, whatever is happening weatherwise is cool with me. That is the way God intended it for football. Seen some great games in the snow.... so... I say let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :wacko:

Less of a passing game?

More of a running game?

Snow is an advantage to the passing game. DBs can't stay with the receivers due to poor traction.

I learned a few years ago to never bench my WR or QB due to snow unless it is very windy.

Snow is an advantage to the passing game. DBs can't stay with the receivers due to poor traction.

I learned a few years ago to never bench my WR or QB due to snow unless it is very windy.

Ahhhhh very interesting observation!

Woudl the rest of you agree... snow helps the passing game?

Wind is the real factor. Some snow is more icy than others, such as the Seattle/Gb playoff game last year. There snow wasn't a factor at all.

Weather reports from GB have snow falling after the game.

Ahhhhh very interesting observation!

Woudl the rest of you agree... snow helps the passing game?

I definately agree. I remember a Dolphins/Bills game from the early 1990s in a snowstorm in Buffalo and the game was something like 46-40.

Snow can and does help quality players, but won't make Rex Grossman good.

I am beginning to wonder if Brandon Jacobs will play today. With a poor footed field, Coughlin may pull off Jacobs so as to not risk further issues with his knee...the Giants have a couple game cushion.

Edited by kwolf68

How about Buffalo???

Trent Edwards passing???

You're fine...if you normally would start him, do so again today. Weather won't be a factor in Buffalo until later in that game.

Edited by kwolf68