[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Airsoft guns

Big F'n Dave

My 12-year-old is asking for an airsoft rifle for Christmas and I have no idea what he's talking about. His mother is certain that he'll shoot his eye out, but I was gonna see if any of you cats could offer some insight into what airsoft is and what kind of products might be good for a beginner.

Airgun Depot :wacko:

Here's another link to a kit you can get him, which includes anti-shoot-your-eyes-out goggles.

This kit includes:

Black 840 with Point Sight

Daisy Shatter Blast Six Shooter System

60ct Daisy ShatterBlast

Daisy Sound Blaster Target

Daisy Rapid BB Loader with BBs

Pouch containing pellets and more BB's

Daisy 3/8" slingshot Ammo

Daisy F16 Slingshot

Daisy Gun Sleve Carrying Case

Safety Glasses

Not included: anti-cat scope or anti-cat red dot sight.

1) Don't buy a $20-30 job at Wal*Mart - they suck.

2) Ask him specifically what kind he wants - they vary a lot

3) Make sure he wears goggles - they can indeed put your eye out. :wacko:

I bought my son a 1911 (pistol) replica for about $80. It lasted about a year and a half and shot considerably faster than the junk guns out there. Soem of his a tasty morsel friends cried when he shot them with it.

Know that at that age, your son probably is planning on having airsoft wars with his friends. It's not much different than paintball, just doesn't hurt as bad or cost as much.

My son went through that stage and like Neutron said, just make sure he wears goggles. Most of the airsoft guns will hurt when you get shot but won't ever pierce the skin. It is like a somewhat safer version of a bb gun war. But also make sure they do not go toting them around out of your yard if the guns look real.

I bought my son a pistol and loaded it up. He was outside with his friends playing so I went out there and he was walking towards me. When he was maybe ten feet away, I shot him in the stomach. You would have thought I hit him with a 9mm. He went down crying and yelling and I felt pretty bad. Evidently they make rules that you cannot shot someone from too close. I think it is a good rule.

I bought my wife one with a laser site for shooting squirrels off of her bird feeder. She delighted in A) shooting the children and making them squeal and B ) targeting my neighbor with the laser dot when he was outside. Funny as hell.

Strange, the gun disappeared one day, after we had a party with the neighbors... :wacko:

Maybe you can buy this one used? Or just buy him something a little more responsible?

Morris to do community service

LAWRENCE, Kan. - Kansas freshman forward Markieff Morris agreed to perform 20 hours of community service for shooting a Wisconsin woman with plastic BBs in a university dorm courtyard in August. The 18-year-old former star at Prep Charter had been charged with battery and will not have to appear in court tomorrow.

"I've learned a lesson from this, and I apologize for any embarrassment this caused KU and the basketball program," the 6-foot-9 Morris said in a statement. "I'm going to do my community service so I can conclude this matter and concentrate on academics and the rest of the basketball season."

Campus police said shots were fired from a room in Jayhawker Towers. The 47-year-old woman was hit in the arm and slightly injured. Officers seized a 3-foot-long black Airsoft rifle and a medium-sized plastic bag of BBs.

"We've talked about this a lot," said Bill Self, coach of the defending national champs. "And I've told Markieff and our guys that obviously they have to make better decisions and be much wiser in their judgment."

Morris' brother, Marcus Morris, also plays for the Jayhawks.

My kids have had several different airsoft rifles, handguns, machine gun and shotguns. Of course, they always wear goggles. Sometimes I battle with them as well. Some of the rifles are pretty powerful and hurt a bit, but it does not stop my 8 year old daughter from playing.

As long as they wear their goggles, all is fine. I am sick of seeing the pellets everywhere from my yard to inside the garage..