[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Netflix issue

polksalet

I ordered a movie that was supposed to have been here last Saturday. When do I become concerned? What di I do about it?

Contact them asap. Happened to me once on a return. NP.

Make sure you are logged in and click the Help in the upper right of the screen. You'll see what was shipped and returned. Click the "Report Problem" next to it and tell them you didn't receive it yet.

I think they must be backed up this month or something. It took me a few extra days to get Tropic Thunder. Normally comes overnight.

Edited by TimC

I don't have that answer for you, but I'd recommend just getting DVDs from your local library, assuming your library is similar to ours... they allow you to reserve stuff online, large selection, a week window to pick it up once it's actually put on hold, and a week to watch it. In addition to that, they allow us to reserve stuff long before they receive it, so we can be near the top of the wait list and get a copy within a week or two of release. And they allow us to request stuff and they usually buy it.

Just a thought in this economic climate.

The wife gave me a thing from our library. They actually have a web site and you can download movies for free. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but looks cool.

• 1 month later...
I just fired it up and halfway through it is too scratched up to play. Im starting to think netflix sux.

They're usually pretty good about this. Tell them the disc is scratched and they won't count it against your current plan. I've been pretty happy with them the 2+ years I've been a member.

They're usually pretty good about this. Tell them the disc is scratched and they won't count it against your current plan. I've been pretty happy with them the 2+ years I've been a member.

They have counted it against my account every timeI've had to send one back. Other than the 3 scratched disks I have no complaints.

Been with them for years and have no complaints. I will NEVER go back to Blockbuster and any of the other chains....

I think in the last 4 years I've had 1 lost disk, maybe 10 that were scratched or unplayable. It happens..... no big deal, I report it and they send another one.

As for turnaround, If I send a movie back on Mon I usually get a new disk by Wed. On some of the more obscure movies, sometimes it takes an extra day because it is shipped from somewhere other then normal.

I give Netflix

:wacko::D:D:D:D

As has been mentioned here before, Blockbuster online has everything Netflix has, and more. I was with Netflix for a couple of years... No issues, really. A couple of scratched discs, and that's about it. Switched to BB simply because they allow you to return your movies at any of their stores and get instant replacement movies, rather than having to wait for them to come in the mail (like Netflix).

So, really, if you're on the plan where you can have three movies at a time, you can actually have six with Blockbuster. If I return my three movies on a Monday, and get the three free in-store rentals in return, my replacements will arrive in the mail by Wednesday. I can keep them as long as I want... Meanwhile, the in-store movies are due back about a week later (but there's a five-day grace period). So, in reality, I end up with 6 movies in my house about 80% of the time. The selection and cost of both clubs is comparable, so the only real difference to me is that I get twice as many movies with BB, plus I NEVER run into a situation where I have no movies... there's always something to watch.

My wife and I have well over 200 discs in our BB queue. Most of it is entire seasons of various TV shows, where you can watch an entire season on 3-4 discs. It's a great way to catch up on shows you always wanted to watch, but never had the time.

plus 1. Movies get here fast and they usually have what you want. My biggest problem is getting my son to order some decent movies. I might have to fire him and give the job to my wife. :wacko:

Been with them for years and have no complaints. I will NEVER go back to Blockbuster and any of the other chains....

I think in the last 4 years I've had 1 lost disk, maybe 10 that were scratched or unplayable. It happens..... no big deal, I report it and they send another one.

As for turnaround, If I send a movie back on Mon I usually get a new disk by Wed. On some of the more obscure movies, sometimes it takes an extra day because it is shipped from somewhere other then normal.

I give Netflix

:wacko::D:D:D:D

+1. I've had one broken disk and two lost (one in each direction). Never been an issue.

Their colossal selection is almost bottomless.

As has been mentioned here before, Blockbuster online has everything Netflix has, and more. I was with Netflix for a couple of years... No issues, really. A couple of scratched discs, and that's about it. Switched to BB simply because they allow you to return your movies at any of their stores and get instant replacement movies, rather than having to wait for them to come in the mail (like Netflix).

So, really, if you're on the plan where you can have three movies at a time, you can actually have six with Blockbuster. If I return my three movies on a Monday, and get the three free in-store rentals in return, my replacements will arrive in the mail by Wednesday. I can keep them as long as I want... Meanwhile, the in-store movies are due back about a week later (but there's a five-day grace period). So, in reality, I end up with 6 movies in my house about 80% of the time. The selection and cost of both clubs is comparable, so the only real difference to me is that I get twice as many movies with BB, plus I NEVER run into a situation where I have no movies... there's always something to watch.

My wife and I have well over 200 discs in our BB queue. Most of it is entire seasons of various TV shows, where you can watch an entire season on 3-4 discs. It's a great way to catch up on shows you always wanted to watch, but never had the time.

I hear ya, but I'm a sucker for companies with the original idea.

Netflix is great. I'm only on the one movie at a time plan for $9.44 a month, but we love watching the movies online. I hook up the laptop to the TV and we're still catching up on Heroes. We're almost done with season 2 and about to begin Season 3. If I send a movie out on Monday, I have the next one by Wednesday.

Their online movie selection is so-so, but I think their TV selection is vast. We don't get a chance to watch many regular series and don't try to keep up with it week after week. Even having a DVR, we just can't keep up with them. We'd prefer to sit down at once and watch 3 or 4 episodes when we get a chance. Our DVR is nowhere big enough to hold all the seasons. :wacko:

Our favorite thing is finding a gem that we'd have never watched otherwise. With the On Demand thing, if the movie sucks it's no big deal.

For less than $10 a month, it's a lot of bang for your buck.

Another happy Netflix user. We were using Blockbuster but for some reason that I can no longer remember, we both got annoyed with them and went back to Netflix. Again, I forget what it was, but recall both of us driving back from the store saying, "screw this,' so it must have been something relatively significant.