[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeff Jagodzinski to be fired

Randall

Am I the only one who agrees with BC?

The guy signed a contract. Why not live up to it?

Why are so many players cut from teams with whom they have signed a contract? Everyone knows the length of contracts in football is an illusion. Players sign a 10 year, 100 milliion dollar deal and the teams cut them as soon as it is economical to do so in regard to the hit they will take on the salary cap.

Nearly every football contract is a one year deal at best, unless you are Parcells.

Jags has a contract with BC, and they are threatening him with being fired, if BC had not won a game the last 2 years BC would dump him regardless of the time left on his deal

If BC decides to fire him, they'll have to pay him.

BTW, boston.com is reporting that Jag did in fact have the meeting with the Jets. IMO personal opinion, it's dumb to throw away a $1million job for an interview for a job you have no real chance to get.

They should have seen the signs...

BC interviewer: If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

Jags: Head coach at BC. It's a dream come true. It's the only job for me!

BC interviewer: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Jags: Head coach of the New York J - E - T - S.

Was just watching SportCenter and they said that Jagz has expressed interest in returning as an offensive coordinator to the NFL, possibly Seattle.

You have to think that he had some kind of landing spot in mind when he decided to take the path he did.

Am I the only one who agrees with BC?

I'm on the same level. You sign a contract that says you're going to coach there for "XX" amount of years. The school/program expects you to be there. You recruit players, and they expect to play for you. BUT - it works both ways.. A school shouldn't bring in a coach and sign him to a 5 or 6 year contract and fire him 2 years into his contract.

There needs to be an incentive to fufill your contract - or a penalty for breaking it.

Put this in a different perspective. You're dating your girlfriend for 2 years. She is getting fed up that you keep looking and flirting with other girls but she has a reason. If she doesn't say anything and just lets you do it, eventually you're going to leave. If she gives you an ultimatum like - if you keep looking and flirting with other girls, I'm breaking off our relationship as you continue to show interest in others..

I don't fault BC at all. I think more schools (even professional teams) need to do this. You signed a contract. What good is it if you're not going to honor it.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jags doesn't like the politics of college football and would prefer to be in the NFL. And, as anyone who went there can attest, it's very tough at BC because of the academic restrictions. Jim O'Brien left years ago because he recruited two of the top basketball players in the country (Depina and Tyler) and, after securing verbal committments from them, the academic advisory board didn't let them into the school! I'm all for higher standards for college athletes and BC always has one of the highest graduation rates in the country every year, but every now and then you need to be a little flexible in order to get the best athletes. Jags had a hard time dealing with the hours and hours spent recruiting guys only to find out later that the kids didn't want to be actual students and go to a school that requires them to work. Why not go to FSU or Miami and skate by with no effort?